• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock and Dawn; Do they need more junk?

Do these guys need more pokémon on their team?

• Yes

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Nein

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yep, it's Gravy, with one of his unique po-.....oh, wait. No, it's a crappy ol' unimaginative one this time around. About freaking CAPTURES no less.
;319;
That must be bit of a downer, huh? No 'Who'd win in a four way Brawl? Muku.BIRD, MegaYan.EXE, The Gangsta or Mr. Sunshine?' polls for you guys.

Here's something that's been puzzling me lately; People wanting Brock and Dawn to get more pokémon. I just don't understand the mentality behind it. Is it just the desire to heighten the chances of a particular pokémon getting more than one filler episode worth of screentime? Is it a case of not really caring about the other pokémon they have? Is it just senseless capture lust?
Brock never uses anything anyway, and Dawn is so busy fawning over Pochama all the time that the others, bar the occassional Buneary variety time hour, never get a look in anyway.
Do these guys really need more characters to fester away, wondering if they'll ever do anything relevent?

My largely negative paragraph should be enough of a hint as to my outlook on the prospect, but what's YOURS?!

Araleon

Chill
Well... I want them to get more... But the one I mainly want Dawn to get as a sixth is almost definite not to happen: Houndour.

Brock, I think, has a good chance of getting Tangrowth, and maybe a Magby?

But I do want the writers to give Piplup a break and put him back in the ball.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
For Brock, I say no. When Sudowoodo is seen about as much as Fortress and Marshtomp were, adding another Pokemon to the forgotten besides Croagunk bunch is just asking for whining and *****ing.

As for Dawn, I really do want her to get Cyndaquil because of all the potential Ash's had, but it was Johto and blablablasuckandwaistedpotentialfornostalgiaphobes. Also a Leafeon to rival May's Glaceon. But really thinking about it, when we get PipluplookatmeImmoreofanattention*****thanPikachu and we hardly see Pachirisu, I don't want anymore Pokemon to share that fate.

Shaymin~

I don't really see the point in Brock getting another Pokemon. He usually only has about 3 on his team anyways. A lot of people want Dawn to get Cherubi, which would be her new grass type. Seems sorta dumb to me, though. If Dawn gets another Pokemon, it should be something that isn't very cute/pretty/girly. Haven't we seen enough pretty petal pokemon using moves such as petal dance, magical leaf, etc.?

uhhhhh

Too sweet
As much as I want to see these two have more Pokemon, I definitely think that what they have are enough already, just them evolve or something. I don't want to see another Pokemon suffering the same fate Pachirisu has (even James' Mime Jr. for that matter... has it been released already? o.o") right now.

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

I voted for "Nein". Because I´m German, and only vote for thing that I can understand. this,so called "yes" freaks me out...

The last thing Hikari needs are any more Pokémon. Maybe she should capture a Pachirisu, but that´s it.

[spoil] I overdid that joke, right?[/spoil]

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Brock: Doesn't do much any more. Giving him more Pokes is a waste of time.

Dawn: Doesn't deserve Pokemon at all. She just admires Piplup 24/7 and uses Buneary for fights. What do Pachi, Ambi, and Swinub do? Stand there and look cute. She's such a neglecting trainer.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I think Sawn should get rid of Pachi, Since it doesnt even exsist anymore anyway, maybe a nice Cherrim or something

PDL

disenchanted
I'd wait until after the Grand Festival/Pokémon League before giving them any more Pokémon to their lineup.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
for some weird reason i beleave that dawn not using of pknm will be brot up in the anime i think that there is going to be an episode when Zoe notices that dawn only uses the same pknm and tells her blah blah blah...you get the point. at some point it will be ignoladged

but i wont brock to get another pknm really badly but then again i don't. yes i wont to see a new pknm but then again i still wont to see him evlove the pknm he already has. but its still posible. i mean remember crobat that involved friend ship and he still had a lot of other pknm. but he didn't really use them... remember we still have (hopefully) battle frontier.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Well Dawn may not be the main character but as a coordinator she should have a full team, verity is good.
i wish Brock had more Pokemon just cause i like Brock, and maybe they'll help him score. ;D

The Everlovin' Thing

Fedoras galore
To be honest,yes and no. While the idea of Brock having a tangrowth would be amusing at best, I'm not really jumping for the idea of Brocko getting anymore. Dawn would be the one who could use more, but only if pocha gets back in its freaking pokeball and shuts up. I'm hopeful that her future Mammoswine will be one of her most used.

BlueDragonfangirl

Dawn won't ever use any other Pokemon besides that stupid peguine Pokemon. So I say no on both characters.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
For Dawn, I think I'd agree with PDL on this. Her team doesn't need filling now. What I believe needs to be done with Dawn is for her to see that she actually has more pokemon than just piplup. Some of her other pokemon are so underused already that she might as well not have them at all. Oh, and if the writers realized that buneary didn't have to act like ol' Mr. Chill back there, I'd be glad.

Brock doesn't need new pokemon, because his team's perfect already. Croagunk's brains, happiny's strength, and sudowoodo's plain rockin' ness all adds up to one of Sinnoh's coolest lineups. I believe they could be showcased a little more, but then again, that might de-value them some. The thing that makes them so great is how rarely you see them. That makes it awesome every time they do do anything.

So, pretty much, it's not the trainers' lack of pokemon which is their main issue, but their lack of being used. In Dawn's case, lack of being used excluding Mister Tuxedo.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I want Brock to catch a Rhyhorn which would eventually evolve into a Rhyperior, as for Dawn, she needs some muscle on her team a bit more.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
it is nice to see Hikari actually has more chances to actually focus on more Pokemon (I mean, unlike Haruka, she's able to use two Pokemon per Contest right from the start, and let's not forget that she actually participates a lot more often... she suffers quite a few losses, gets to participate in several unofficial Contests, etc.), but the problem is that these writers never actually use these chances. They just continually whore out Pocchama as much as possible. It's really a crying shame because, as I said, she's got the right elements set in place to eventually end up with a full team of decently-showcased Pokemon. Hell, she's already got five Pokemon in the middle of her journey, whereas Haruka only had four in both regions, with her 5th Houen capture Gonbe coming too late to matter at the time. The writers clearly learned from their mistakes with Haruka... now if only they could learn from the mistake they were making in Kantou and Jouto about over-showcasing starters (strangely enough, they seemed to do a lot better with this in AG, but now it seems like DP's taken a step backwards with the starter-handling).

I voted for "Nein". Because I´m German, and only vote for thing that I can understand. this,so called "yes" freaks me out...

this "nein" you speak of... would it happen to be German for "hai"?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would like Brock to get a new Pokemon, maybe a nice powerhouse like Magmortar (starting as Magby/Magmar?) I think Dawn should get a new Pokemon but not yet. The writers need to stop making her keep using Piplup all the time! Pikachu is 'out of the ball' and Ash's starter but he doesn't use him every battle! For Dawn, I know she already has an Ice-type in Swinub, but maybe Froslass?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would like Brock to get a new Pokemon, maybe a nice powerhouse like Magmortar (starting as Magby/Magmar?) I think Dawn should get a new Pokemon but not yet. The writers need to stop making her keep using Piplup all the time! Pikachu is 'out of the ball' and Ash's starter but he doesn't use him every battle! For Dawn, I know she already has an Ice-type in Swinub, but maybe Froslass?

The writers need to stop making her keep using Piplup all the time! Pikachu is 'out of the ball' and Ash's starter but he doesn't use him every battle! For Dawn, I know she already has an Ice-type in Swinub, but maybe Froslass?

i know. that is starting to annoy me

i think they need new pokemon and i can't remeber the last time Brock actually battle or even let his pokemon out (except when they need to eat and stuff)

Dawn on the other hand needs to know how to use a different pokemon. man the little blue pengine is starting to get to me. even May didn't use her torchic that many times like Dawn is doing.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
i think they need new pokemon and i can't remeber the last time Brock actually battle or even let his pokemon out (except when they need to eat and stuff)

See, here's the thing. You're basically saying he doesn't use his current ones enough, yet this somehow equates to him needing something new? I just don't understand this standpoint at all.