• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock and Dawn?

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Dawn and Brock might show up. The writers did not stop by showing Gary in a few episodes in DP after not showing since Johto.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Didn't the TR/TP episodes have Looker in them?

He has an excuse. Looker appeared in the games to arrest the Seven Sages (while making you find them all over Unova).

SlimKennedy

I would love to see Brock make an appearance durring the league, maybe as an assistant helping to treat pokemon between battles. Not likely, but I can dream.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn and Brock might show up. The writers did not stop by showing Gary in a few episodes in DP after not showing since Johto.

Gary was not a main character. And we knew he was going to appear in DP because the last ep of AG told us he was going to Sinnoh.

It would have been pretty weird not to see Gary in DP at all when he said he was going there you know.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
No and No. There are no contests in Unova, so Dawn would have no reason to go there. And Brock is studying to become a doctor back in his home region; there probably wouldn't be anything over on the other side of the world that would get his attention.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I could actually see Ash call Brock on the video phone and ask for some advice on something, idk why, it was his job for so many years so I wouldn't be surprised. Hey if Tracey was mentioned, Brock could at least get a call can't he??

pokemon fan 132

Speaking of Unova while it tries to carry out vibe of "fresh start"following games interpretation of said region being far and very isolated from others Ash traveled through that doesnt man how Dawn and Brock doesnt have any chance to appear in it.Anime is still treated as continuity despite lack of more references toward past as it can be noticed with older characters beside Ash like TR,Giovanni.prof.Oak,Dehlia etc still existing in anime timeline and recent mention of Tracey clearly shows how ties to past havent been cut of yet.

Argument of Unova being far away doesnt play any saying in Dawns or Brock return either as long writers would create something which would be beneficial for their stories and plot of current series.Visiting Ash would be just additional benefit with primary purpose being to advance their dreams and story.
In reality it doesnt matter how much some region is distant if writers create something which would justify their journey over there.
Misty return in Hoenn and Mays in Sinnoh proved that.

Yes Brock needs to study to become doctor but its not known yet if he plans to become traveling doctor or stay at one place and i can see him going to Unova with purpose of expanding his knowledge about pokemon or learning from other doctors which could help him in future career.
As for Dawn i could see hr coming back to either play some role in Team Plasma arc helping to fight against it like Gary in DP did along with perhaps partaking in on of Don Gorge tournaments.Or she could go there to try promote concept of contests among people in said region since they dont exist there.

So while not very likely considering recent play of things in this show Dawn and Brock might have shot at appearing in Unova still not receiving regional cameo appearance like others in past did.

Sam goes for others like Misty,May etc.,They have chance to return as well having potential to offer something on table.Especially when taking in account how some of them havent got closure to story and goal with lot of material being left unused.

Gary was not a main character. And we knew he was going to appear in DP because the last ep of AG told us he was going to Sinnoh.

It would have been pretty weird not to see Gary in DP at all when he said he was going there you know.

Your forgetting how Gary stopped mattering to show long time ago but that didnt stopped writers from making him relevant again creating purpose behind his appearance at end of BF being transferred to Sinnoh.

If minor character like him was revived again,there is no reason why someone more important and with more potential to offer to storyline like ex main characters couldnt return as well.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Brock, probably not ever again.

Dawn, if there is they need to promote RS remake or Sinnoh.

Why would Dawn promote a RS remake? She is from DPPt. If anyone were to come back, legitimately, to promote the RS remake, they'd bring Max back and make him finally begin his journey, travelling around a little with Ash while Ash does something that interests him in Hoenn.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Dawn can participate in the Musicals with her Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu, Togekiss, Mamoswine and Quilava. Not sure about Brock, though.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Neither of them will show up.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Why are you always so negative?

I'm just being sensible, which is boosted by my neutral (read: up theirs) stance on the two.
At least Looker's got a reason for being there, the International Police denotes that he'd be doing work across loads of regions, Unova included.

One way I could see Brock and Dawn returning for a couple of episodes is there's something happening in Mistralton City due to the Airport. Who knows what can happen there.

STICKTOPIA

Meet Ash for what exactly????

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Naah, I don't think so. I think the specials were their appearance. + Dawn has no new (Platinum) outfit to show, so what's the point? :'D

...Thought I wouldn't mind Brock showing up<3