• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock and Dawn?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't see them appearing in Unova. Not both of them. Brock just left, and I don't think he was going all the way to Unova and with the whole musical thing going on, if there was a chance for Dawn, she would have done it now.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I don't see the argument that because there is nothing in Unova for the two of them and its so far away as a valid argument. People travel the world to see friends/family all the time, I went to South Africa in the summer, and met a guy out there who I formed a strong friendship with and now next year I'm going back out there to visit him and I'm from the UK. Dawn and Brock could always decide to visit Unova to see Ash, they could arrange to meet up with him for old times sakes and the fact that its in another region is an added bonus.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn and Brock aren't traveling together, why would people think they would show up at the same time?

I can see either Dawn showing up and Brock not, or Brock showing up and Dawn not.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Dawn and Brock aren't traveling together, why would people think they would show up at the same time?

I can see either Dawn showing up and Brock not, or Brock showing up and Dawn not.

Did I say they are travelling together? No, but they could still appear at the same time, they could contact each other about going out to see Ash and then go out together for a reunion.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

I think it's kind of obvious that they won't show up together. I don't really think we'll see Brock until the next time Ash is in Pallet Town. I can see Dawn appearing soon, maybe by next summer.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Did I say they are travelling together? No, but they could still appear at the same time, they could contact each other about going out to see Ash and then go out together for a reunion.

Dawn: HEY BROCK
Brock: WHAT'S UP DAWN
Dawn: LET'S GO TRAVEL A FEW THOUSAND MILES TO SEE HOW ASH'S DOING
Brock: FOR HOW LONG?
Dawn: Just an episode :p
Both: LOL

Brock starting a presidential champagne in Unova is more likely than a focking reunion. How come they just can't contact eachother via those visual phone things like what Oak/Juniper does?

JohnLee

If they appear at all it probably won't be till after the league. I think Unova won't have any old character visits because it takes away the fresh start.

That's what everyone was saying around when the Black and White were first announced, but Cynthia, Looker, and Caitlin all appeared in the "fresh start" generation.

I don't see the argument that because there is nothing in Unova for the two of them and its so far away as a valid argument. People travel the world to see friends/family all the time, I went to South Africa in the summer, and met a guy out there who I formed a strong friendship with and now next year I'm going back out there to visit him and I'm from the UK. Dawn and Brock could always decide to visit Unova to see Ash, they could arrange to meet up with him for old times sakes and the fact that its in another region is an added bonus.

But there is something for Brock in Unova. Black and White introduced many new trainer classes, but one that always stood out to me were all the Doctors around Unova.

The writers could simply do a Doctor Convention in an anime exclusive town where our current gang meets up with Brock and his new assistant nurse or something.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That's what everyone was saying around when the Black and White were first announced, but Cynthia, Looker, and Caitlin all appeared in the "fresh start" generation.

But there is something for Brock in Unova. Black and White introduced many new trainer classes, but one that always stood out to me were all the Doctors around Unova.

The writers could simply do a Doctor Convention in an anime exclusive town where our current gang meets up with Brock and his new assistant nurse or something.
Exactly, if the writers want them to show up, they will make up something to bring them in, since when was the Togepi convention or Wallace Cup in Games? They weren't but that's what brought Misty to Hoenn and May to Sinnoh, there could be a convention for Doctors and a Special Contest which could bring Dawn and Brock to Unova. We don't know and we shouldn't just write them off because "Unova is a fresh start". Because if that was really the case, TR wouldn't be there, since they don't really appear in BW (mostly likely will in Grey imo though).

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn will have a cameo appearance towards the end of the series if you ask me. Brock was written off the show with his special, he's not coming back ever. (Hopefully.)

All the girls get a cameo episode, anyway, so Dawn is appearing no matter what.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dawn will have a cameo appearance towards the end of the series if you ask me. Brock was written off the show with his special, he's not coming back ever. (Hopefully.)

All the girls get a cameo episode, anyway, so Dawn is appearing no matter what.

"All the girls get a cameo". As per empirism you're right, thus far.. It would therefore be more adequate to say that all the girls got a cameo, as that would be correct and can't be proven false. But by saying that, you would have to assume that your statement is not yet a rule, so with that you can't make any assumptions about the future.

And, this does not lead to any conclusion about the possibility of whether a male travelling partner could get a cameo. Therefore you're logic is flawwed.

How was Brock written off the show for ever? He took an occupation as a doctor. In Unova, there's plenty of doctors roaming around. He could be there to attent a special meeting or something.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think its safe to say Brock will get an appearance really later on, probably after Unova is over. We of course know he'll never be part of the main cast again, but he was there far too long to not at least give him an update on his doctor studies went.

As for Dawn it could go either way. Best Wishes seemed to really detached from the DP series, so who knows.

Thriller

Its almost time
Hey Cyber, wasn't it you who started that rumor about Takeshi's VA no longer working for the company? Are you sure it's not just that, a rumor?

Because throughout AG, the exact same rumor was spread around about Shigeru's VA.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hey Cyber, wasn't it you who started that rumor about Takeshi's VA no longer working for the company? Are you sure it's not just that, a rumor?

It is true. He also did the voice of Wobbufett and some other characters, all of which have been written out.

It would explain why Wobbufett didn't get a goodbye scene and was just removed off-screen where we didn't get to see it after DP191.

That's not to say they couldn't re-hire Brock's Japanese VA for 2-3 episodes or something down the road.

pokemon fan 132

But by saying that, you would have to assume that your statement is not yet a rule, so with that you can't make any assumptions about the future.

Pretty much true.Im more than likely sure how we will see Brock and Dawn appear again,and i believe how May and Misty might return at some point as well.

If anything for May because of possible RS remakes and with Misty because of being part of original trio with many things being left unresolved and uncleared in her story(like goal of water master for which gym isnt enough).We can see with many gym leaders(like Fantina,Wallace,Cilan etc)how they leave gym to travel to improve their skill,enter competitions,catch new pokemon and learn more so its definitely not farfetched to expect same thing from Misty.

How was Brock written off the show for ever? He took an occupation as a doctor. In Unova, there's plenty of doctors roaming around. He could be there to attent a special meeting or something.

Agreed,i could definitely see Brock traveling to Unova with purpose of gaining some knowledge and learning new methods of pokemon healing from other doctors there which could help him in future study.H can also pout to us already gathered knowledge by dealing with crisis and showing how much h improved when curing and taking care of pokemon.

Doctors or those who attempt to become one sometimes tend to travel to expand horizons and enrich their knowledge so Brock coming in Unova is not so farfetched to expect.

As for Dawn i guess she has chance to appear in BW getting some follow up and how her journey in Hoenn went,though im not sure when and if it will happen.Since contests apparently dont exist there,best bet could be in trying to promote concept among people in Unova.

I think its safe to say Brock will get an appearance really later on, probably after Unova is over. We of course know he'll never be part of the main cast again, but he was there far too long to not at least give him an update on his doctor studies went.

Do we know for sure how Brock will never be part of main cast again,or this is only assumption?
With Brock you never know seeing how he was already written out once coming back for second ride.

Locormus

Do we know for sure how Brock will never be part of main cast again,or this is only assumption?
With Brock you never know seeing how he was already written out once coming back for second ride.

Same deal as Misty, May and Dawn. They'll never be part of the main cast again, so why should Brock? The biggest question however is what will happen to Cilan post Unova? Are there to be two new replacements from now on?

Sure, Brock could come back again, but his special kinda made it conclusive that he won't be back anymore. That and he got fired from the VA list, according to Cyber..

Locormus

He didn't get fired, they just wrote out all his roles. They obviously aren't going to keep him around just to voice some random pokemon.

Okay, then if wasn't fired, then he was 'laid off', 'budgetted away', etc..

pokemon fan 132

Same deal as Misty, May and Dawn. They'll never be part of the main cast again, so why should Brock? The biggest question however is what will happen to Cilan post Unova? Are there to be two new replacements from now on?

While unlikely any of replaced characters(whether its May,Misty,Max etc) could in theory be brought back to cast if writers decide to do continuation of their stories developing them more,changing formula by reusing older characters for a change instead of new ones.

Almost every of replaced characters was written of in such way that writers have open window through which they could bring them back.

Highly unlikely though.

Sure, Brock could come back again, but his special kinda made it conclusive that he won't be back anymore. That and he got fired from the VA list, according to Cyber..

To be fair its not like thy cant reopen his story again like thy did during Oi when thy already established character as prof.Ivy assistant.

Seeing how there exist traveling doctors as well and how we dont know yet if Brock plans to open daycare center or go on journey in case of later he could easily rejoin Ash while learning more by traveling as doctor,exploring new pokemon and learning new ways of healing from other famous doctors out there.

Realistically probably wont happen,but i wont say its impossible.