• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock and james are actualy friends?

Would they make good friends?

• Total voters

GottaLoveSam

p'wnt :D
In multiple episodes i recall James being in disguise and him and Brock relate and get along rather well. I wouldn't be surprised if this will happen multiple times in the future.

So do you think they would make good friends?
~discuss

(this might need to be moved to anime polls, if so please move it)

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
I think it's fair to say that in an odd kind of way, all the Rockets are friends of the protagonists. Sure they always try to steal Pikachu and company, but in their countless failings they've proven to be merely a nuisance rather than a serious threat, and if it weren't for them getting thrashed in every episode, Satoshi's pokemon would be seriously underleveled. Also, they've shown time and again that they can work together when things get serious.

ijea4444

I think we've seen before that James is good. He only does mostly evil things because of Meowth and Jessie. If it weren't for TR I'm sure James and Brock would be great friends.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
As long as James is with TR trying to steal pokemon, Brock and James would never become friends. If James wasnt in TR, there would be a possibility though.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No, they aren't friends. i think when Brock and James were in the same place, they just got along fine.

joycexpika

I can see them being friends.

Brock and James seem to have similar interests [1st Generation Anime, Maiden's ghost episode? Hehe] , and James generally is a nice guy...despite the fact that he is a part of Team Rocket.

GottaLoveSam

p'wnt :D
yeah if james wasnt in team rocket it would work out, but the whole team rocket thing is the only reason they meet up. But hey, i think it could happen

Torpoleon

I guess James and Brock are friends. They seem to sometimes get along in some episodes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One could argue that Team Rocket and Ash's group are friends in an odd way.

They have helped each other out in the past. It's a love-hate relationship. The anime wouldn't have survived this long without one.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Wasn't there an episode were Jessie was in a contest and Brock was sitting next to James and James was weeping while Brock comforted him?

STICKTOPIA

That's what he meant Ash-kid. Yes Brock and James are friends when they're next to each other and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.