• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Yes, I think that Brock trying to seduce every nice girl he sees(especially Jenny and Joy) and someone interrupting(now one of his Pokemon, which hurts him each time he does that) is getting bland and isn't funny anymore.

Hopefully, this is the last installment of the anime where they use this gag, and then they phase him out into a serious character and try something else. To be honest, I think the writers need to just stop making the anime a comedy and focus on the action/adventure part.

The comedy was cute in the very beginning with Brock flirting and Misty draggin him away by the ear or beating him up, but it's boring now. I won't hate the writers if they try to milk the whole gag out in the next generation, because I ignore those scenes nowadays and focus on Dawn and Ash.

If the writers want Brock to be as popular as Ash and Dawn, they need to get rid of that "hey, let's make out" gag and make Brock as serious as Ash and Dawn. True, Ash and Dawn have funny moments, but at least they don't show up almost every episode!

EDIT: Am I the ONLY person on this God-green Earth who happens to love Tracey more than Brock? In the Chronicle episodes where we see him(sadly, he didn't bring out his Pokemon at all then), he was cool. I secretly want to start up a ship between him and Misty's sister Daisy, or maybe join the Orangeshipping league because he'd make a great girlfriend for Misty. ;) I really think that the writers made a big mistake benching him. Not because he looked better than Brock(I've accepted that Brock is popular in the looks even though his eyes look weird, and I am not a skin-color racist), but he wasn't a crazy girl-flirt like Brock was, at least not that much. (He did sketch a couple of women and Misty teased him about it.)

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I was enthusiastic for Brock to leave at the end of AG, and was gutted when he didn't, but Croagunk has really boosted him for me.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
Croagunk brought him back up to par in my opinion, but he is getting pretty old. The idea that a male game protagonist joins sounds pretty neat. But again, it's a risky move.

zerolocked

Legend Seeker
Asking to get rid of Brock is like asking to get rid of Team Rocket. Its fun to think about, but it wont happen..

zerolocked

Legend Seeker
Brock's already left once before and he can leave again.

I meant forever.

But to be honest I like to see a team of Ash, Dawn and Lucas. Lucas could do double gym battles with Ash and in the Sinnoh League It would just come down to those two. That'd be kinda cool

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
No... I prefer Brock (And Misty) over all the other sidekicks. I was hoping Misty would come back for D/P, but we got a prostitute-in-training instead :|

And, Croagunk is just freaking hilarious. I love it when that frog attacks.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
i personally would love to have a male coordinator replace Brock when the situation arises - punkish, with a purple mohican type thing. he's pretty cool in my head. and hed have duskull-->dusknoir, froslass and blastoise(sarter) and have some randomers at Oak's lab. so he'd be really experienced, much more interesting. and he'd be a lot more enthusiastic about captures and evolutions, as he's got so many good'uns that he can call upon (eg nidoking, weavile, houndour, those are are a few i picture him with).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No... I prefer Brock (And Misty) over all the other sidekicks. I was hoping Misty would come back for D/P, but we got a prostitute-in-training instead :|

Misty will never come back to the show aside from cameos. Get over it, and stop bringing it up. The last time she was a main character she bored most of us to the point of tears and everyone complained about her, hence why the writers pretty much gave her the "Tracey treatment" and that was the end of her.

The original trio bombed as a group, there's no way we're ever going back to that.

Jorah

What do I put here?
When he first started running after girls it was funny, because he actually got embarassed over it (in the Bulbasaur episode?) and it wasn't as overt (at least as it is now...). But I was bored of it half way through Indigo League. But then, I never liked Brock. I really liked it when Brock left but then Tracy came! But I'm not sure we can escape the pointless sidekick.

Someone has a sig I really like, it's one of Brock staring over Ash, Dawn and I think Paul. It makes me laugh everytime I see it because it's so true XD

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Thatn is a good idea but Brock has been around for so long that it's pretty hard to get rid of him without the writers getting totally ridiculed.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I meant forever.

I think the only real reason Brock is back is because Tracey bombed it. If Tracey had been a more liked character(I'm indifferent to him) we'd probably either:

A) Still have him around.
B) Get a new male sidekick every region.

But alas, no one liked Tracey, so Brock was brought back to salvage the dynamic of the team(and didn't really do that until AG).

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Of course a lot of people are over him. He's just...the same guy he was from the beginning of Kanto...and that's not a good thing. The girl crazy gag has taken a nosedive since Johto and it's sad to see him just stand around doing nothing, not winning any big competitions or anything. I remember wishing that he'd win the Tag Battle Tournament with Holly, but alas, he did not.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
You know....Maybe instead of Brock the former gym leader...why not have a former top coordinator follow them around? That way we can see how Ash does without someone with his expertise around.

Profesco

gone gently
CyberCubed said:
The original trio bombed as a group,

The original trio had the best charisma and group dynamic of all of them. Only during Johto did fans get bored.

Super-Staff said:
He's just...the same guy he was from the beginning of Kanto...and that's not a good thing.

Brock is not exactly the same guy. From a breeding perspective, he's grown quite a bit. His personality is also far more eccentric and flamboyant than it was during Kanto or Johto.

I'm not "over" Brock. He has perhaps the most interesting and endearing character history of all the people, including Ash. He also pursues a really unique goal in the anime, one that is almost entirely overlooked (as evidenced by Super-Staff's above post!).

Steller contribution, Bravo... *sarcastic clapping*

OH NO NOT OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pretty sure I have the right to say I think the anime and Brock suck. Good one.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The original trio had the best charisma and group dynamic of all of them. Only during Johto did fans get bored.

I agree, most people loved the original trio until we got halfway into Johto. It was during the "Johto league champions" season that I remember people really getting bored with the show.

At that point people realized Johto was going to be stretched out far longer than anything before it, and once the impact of 100 new Pokemon died down...we realized the show lost a good portion of what made it special during Kanto and Orange Islands. It didn't help matters that Charizard and Squirtle left, and that really annoyed a lot of people.

Not to mention the 3rd movie did poorly in the box office compared to the first two, so its no surprise that Pokemania was already dying by 2001.

Timaku

Eloquent
Brock's the cook and the perv, he's like the show's body, with Ash as the heart and the typical girl sidekick as the mind. :)

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Misty will never come back to the show aside from cameos. Get over it, and stop bringing it up. The last time she was a main character she bored most of us to the point of tears and everyone complained about her, hence why the writers pretty much gave her the "Tracey treatment" and that was the end of her.

The original trio bombed as a group, there's no way we're ever going back to that.

I do hope you're joking.

It certainly wasn't the best group dynamic I've seen, but compared to the crap we've been getting ever since they're like kings.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I do hope you're joking.

It certainly wasn't the best group dynamic I've seen, but compared to the crap we've been getting ever since they're like kings.

How am I joking? The Johto saga represents the writers failed and backfired attempt to reunite the original trio. They thought Tracey bombed in Orange but then reuniting the original trio did even worse.

You're acting like this is the first time you've heard of this, have you been in the fandom for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.