• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I still think that Brock should be replaced with the male trainer from (5th-Gen? I dunno). Then Misty can come back and...I dunno, do stuff. Just, no more Brock.

Misty has been gone for most of the series. If Brock leaves someday, the writers certainly wouldn't replace him with Misty.

Half the fandom has grown up watching the show without Misty in it, she's become as minor as Tracey has and I don't know why people keep bringing her up.

PDL

disenchanted
Half the fandom has grown up watching the show without Misty in it, she's become as minor as Tracey has and I don't know why people keep bringing her up.

People always obsess over "the good ol'days of Indigo" and everything that came with it.

It comes with the territory.

Pokelight_Admin

Brock has always been in the anime, except for the Orange Islands and the first 3 or 4 episodes. I don't think that the producers will remove him anytime soon.

And as CyberCubed mentioned earlier, most of the audiences of the Pokemon Anime are mainly children who have probably never even seen Misty, other than the few appearances she makes every saga.

Unlike that, many of us grew up watching Pokemon with Misty in it, so we have a different perspective on this situation. Misty was only in the Anime for approximately 300 episodes, so if the producers planned to have Brock removed, it would have already happened. They care about the money and only the money. It reflects off of many things.

Last edited:

Raroshi

I liked Brock in Kanto and Johto. During those two sagas, he was an entertaining character and received a fair number of episodes that gave him more depth. However, his character deteriorated into a boring lump during AG. In both AG and Sinnoh, all he does is make observations about what is occurring in the show and skirt chase. If I were in charge of writing Pokemon, I would have Brock find a girlfriend and leave. He has long overstayed his welcome and is no longer likable.

Last edited:

Usagi777

I liked Brock in Kanto and Johto. During those two sagas, he was an entertaining character and received a fair number of episodes that gave him more depth. However, his character deteriorated into a boring lump during AG. In both AG and Sinnoh, all he does is make observations about what is occurring in the show and skirt chase. If I were in charge of writing Pokemon, I would have Brock find a girlfriend and leave. He has long overstayed his welcome and is no longer likable.

finally someone with some sense! yes! all of what you said is right on the money!! he was great those first two chapters but now he's nothing but a waste of space. he gets like no lines and no real screen time. get him off this show!! he's completely played out. anyone can take his place easily!!!

Profesco

gone gently

Aww, that's such a sad thought, though. The other half of the fandom are the more devout fans, who remember the reasons they joined the fandom in the first place, back when the team of Ash, Brock, and Misty was the best thing ever.

People always obsess over "the good ol'days of Indigo" and everything that came with it.

It comes with the territory.

You can't expect these original fans to simply cast off the beginning of their series as trivial, though. Misty and Brock both were institutions in this franchise's origin. Forgetting them as worn-out husks of the past is unacceptable.

We can anticipate the future of the show (with or without brock and Misty) without having to ignore and belittle the past, can't we?

Id like to point out.
The anime began to suck as soon as the voice actors changed.
Ash's 'My Balls are dropping voice went'
Thats not cool :(

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Aww, that's such a sad thought, though. The other half of the fandom are the more devout fans, who remember the reasons they joined the fandom in the first place, back when the team of Ash, Brock, and Misty was the best thing ever.

Technically that group was only ever used for 4 seasons, (since Orange had Tracey instead of Brock, it was technically a different group that saga).

We are currently in Season 11, and Misty left the show in Season 5. Can you believe that Misty's not even in half the total episodes of the show?

Now that the show has gone on for so long without her, Misty really isn't all that important to the series anymore. It really puts into perspective that Misty was just a short lived character until the writers had the female protagonists from the games to bring into the anime.

We can anticipate the future of the show (with or without brock and Misty) without having to ignore and belittle the past, can't we?

I don't think anyone is doing that. I grew up watching the show in 1998 with Season 1 just like everyone else did, and I've been following the franchise for 10 years myself. Pokemon is an ever evolving (no pun intended) series and the revolving door of Ash's travel companions is an example of that.

I guess some people just made the mistake in assuming the original trio was intended to be the main group of the anime, when in reality that group was only ever used in two regions.

Chelc

Usagi, your opinion =/= fact. Keep that in mind before replying to other people. If you're going to debate at least do it right.

Can we stfu about Misty and talk about Brock? Ffs. Why the h you people ALWAYS have to bring up Misty in every thread (it doesn't even matter WHAT the topic of the thread is - people will always find a way to fit Misty in there! like she HAS to be there or something) srsly makes me wonder about some of you. Believe it or not, you CAN discuss the characters themselves WITHOUT throwing Misty in there! :eek: I mean, there is like, no way I can politely and nicely ask you guys to get back on topic when Misty is involved. It's sad, really, but I guess that's just the way it has to be.

Let me make it clear for those who still do not understand:

Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty Brock =/= Misty!! Every Character =/= Misty Every Character =/= Misty Every Character =/= Misty Every Character =/= Misty

Back to topic.

PDL

disenchanted
You can't expect these original fans to simply cast off the beginning of their series as trivial, though. Misty and Brock both were institutions in this franchise's origin. Forgetting them as worn-out husks of the past is unacceptable.

Did I even say anything about forgetting everything before hoenn?

No. No I didn't.

What I mean is that while what's happened in the past is important. Don't let the past determine what the future might hold.

The show will always follow formulas, but they will often try something new if it they are certain it will be successful.

The only real reason why they haven't gotten rid of Brock is that they don't want to invent a brand new character just for filling in an old one's role.

They invent brand new characters for brand new roles. Not for filling in old roles. The only rule that over-rides this is having a newbie on board to explain what's going on for the newer fans.

Anyway, I think this thread is far past it's prime and it's sell date. Nearly all the arguements have been exhausted.

Please close this retarded thread.

Profesco

gone gently
It really puts into perspective that Misty was just a short lived character until the writers had the female protagonists from the games to bring into the anime.

Yeah, you're right CyberCubed. Older characters look more and more "normal" the longer the series runs. I guess I just see the "original" cast as a unique thing. I don't mean to say the newer characters are of less significance, though. :p

Just a sad thought, that's all. u_u

And I'm sorry, PDL. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I typically agree with you on... well, on everything. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well anyway, let's get back on topic about Brock.

People have often discussed Holly returning so Brock can run off with her by the end of Sinnoh,

A fitting end to Brock's story would be him finally getting a girl who likes him back and go off with her somewhere to perfect his breeding skills.

I do want to see Brock get a happy ending, he deserves it after so long.

Profesco

gone gently
Well anyway, let's get back on topic about Brock.

People have often discussed Holly returning so Brock can run off with her by the end of Sinnoh,

A fitting end to Brock's story would be him finally getting a girl who likes him back and go off with her somewhere to perfect his breeding skills.

I do want to see Brock get a happy ending, he deserves it after so long.

Is Holly the bird keeper from the Hearthome tournament? If so, then yeah, I would enjoy seeing that happen, even if it was Brock's goodbye. I'd certainly want them to give a Pelipper's mouthful of time and depth to it, though. ^_^

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The only real reason why they haven't gotten rid of Brock is that they don't want to invent a brand new character just for filling in an old one's role.

Then they should just have Ash and the female character travel together. Brock has no real use in the show. Time to go.

As for closure, I think Brock will meet a Chansey-less Nurse Joy with his then-evolved Chansey and fall in love with her and stay with her.

Last edited:

Moneyking63

King of the Seas
As much as I would love for Misty to come back and replace Brock, it's not going to happen. I like Brock, I think he serves his purpose well, they tried a new guy, and tracy failed, simple as that. If they could pull off another guy that would be great, but then again brock is just so classic, I think if they somewhat re-defines his role, actually got him doing real Pokemon research (because they're not going to show him breeding) then I think that would be good, him catching more powerful pokemon like he did back in the day with Onix and Crobat, I'd love it. Yeah I guess Ludicolo was good, I would have rather had Marshtomp evolve though. If he battled a little more then he does now, even if it is just training Ash then that would be great. No need to replace him then.

Darn, stop tempting me into infractions, because I'd say something if it weren't for our great Master speaking against it.

Anyways, ignoring the utter self-defeating purpose of Brock being replaced by she who must not be named, it'll be hard to conceive a new sidekick, because another active trainer would slow the series even more, while the writers may be wary of trying a new character after Tracey and Max. But of course, Brock, being a Kanto Gym Leader, has no purpose in travelling with Ash anymore. Someone ought to get him replaced for some new male "eye candy".

And I have this strange sense of deja vu in my points, so I'll just apply the ever-useful song "Should I Stay or Should I Go" to describe Brock's predicament.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I remember some people wanting Brock to be replaced with a Pokemon Ranger, considering we always get a new Ranger game now.

Maybe they could have brought in the male Ranger from one of the games and replaced Brock with him.

Of course, they would have to have a good reason why a professional Ranger would travel with some random trainer and serve primarily as his sidekick when he should be investigating distress calls. Eh, it worked for Kanto Gym Leaders, so why not?

kirby8933083

mai husbando
A pokemon ranger wouldn't fit for long, one might come on for an show or two, Brock drools over her (odds are its female) and she's gone.

I think they have Brock in now b/e he just explains all of the new battle technicalities to Dawn, last season that was Max and Brock was just a person that drooled over whom ever happens to walk by. Brock is so deeply involved in the anime, but I would like to see how they get rid of him in the end...or if they won't even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.