• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Quilava

I want Brock to go, but only if they don't have him going into his Breeding career much more. He, like every charcter has the potential to be great, but he really needs to do something. Crogaunk won't be there forever.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
i don't now why people really don't like brock i don't seem to undertand why you all hate him?

luckyporygon

praise helix fossil
i don't now why people really don't like brock i don't seem to undertand why you all hate him?

lol, it's because people think he has been around far too long... brock is my favorite character, i would hate to see him leave. i think ash should be replaced, (yes i know the entire show revolves around him) but we all know that isn't going to happen...

Shadow Quilava

I don't hate Brock. It's just that he needs to do more with his goal or else he will become Johto Misty. :(

luckyporygon

praise helix fossil
I want Brock to go, but only if they don't have him going into his Breeding career much more. He, like every charcter has the potential to be great, but he really needs to do something. Crogaunk won't be there forever.

hmmmm... yeah, brock reminds me of adrian monk from, well, monk. he doesn't get on with his life and seems lazy when it comes to trying to attain his goals. he just keeps on going... i would love to see him really become a breeder, but still stick with ash & co. (no doubt dawn will be replaced soon enough...)

lol, monk reference...

*cwm*

i like brock too
but
heres how i wish it woule have gone:
kanto: ash, misty, brock
orange league: ash, misty, tracey
johto: ash, misty, tracey, sakkura (does anyone remember her?)
hoenn: ash, may, max, brock
battle frontier: ash, misty, brock, may, max (they would never make it this many :p lol)
sinnoh: ash, brock, dawn, max (he gets his first pokemon)
5th genn.: ash, brock, misty, may

but i love brock <3
im glad he was in most seasons
or else they would have sucky meals
lol
:p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
According to Platinum's re-worked storyline, what would you guys say if that new police detective joins the team and replaces Brock?

At least that way Brock's "replacement" would be tied into the Galactic plot.

Cobalt_Latios

According to Platinum's re-worked storyline, what would you guys say if that new police detective joins the team and replaces Brock?

At least that way Brock's "replacement" would be tied into the Galactic plot.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, except for the fact that the next movie would only possibly feature 2 characters as opposed to 3. And that's primarily because I really don't see that guy doing much else besides investigate "Team Galactic". However, considering the plot the movies are going with, he may just work out.

Despite Brock's staleness, he's become a staple to the series.

Now that I look at this, how exactly has this thread survived for so long?

~C_L~

Faerie

MONS
Not so much "over" as "tired of".

Over him? It's not like I loved him in the first place. He's a fun character - amusing and always the smart one - but he gets kind of old after a while. He was always flat character, and he's sort of become part of the background. I still like him, but they'd better do something with him before I don't.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Despite Brock's staleness, he's become a staple to the series.

True, but there's no indication he really is one. Ash and Team Rocket are the only real permanent characters of the series, all the other characters are a revolving door of friends.

Brock already left during Orange, so its not like the writers feel he HAS to be there every saga. There was a time when people thought Misty would be there forever, and my how things have changed since then, so its really no different for Brock.

Now that I look at this, how exactly has this thread survived for so long?

~C_L~

Probably because a lot of the mods here have also expressed how they feel that Brock's been stale for awhile. lol.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
you now brock has not gotten stale if you see him in episodes. he's actulay getting in the battle. in the old episodes i was on the edge of my seat when brock actualy battled. he never battled, just look at the later episodes. it was eather all ash(duh), misty, or may. he never battled. so i think that he's not that stale as some think. he's actualy getting better...but thats what i think...

randomspot555

you now brock has not gotten stale if you see him in episodes. he's actulay getting in the battle. in the old episodes i was on the edge of my seat when brock actualy battled. he never battled, just look at the later episodes. it was eather all ash(duh), misty, or may. he never battled. so i think that he's not that stale as some think. he's actualy getting better...but thats what i think...

He/his Pokes get more screen time, and he battles more, but he still seems to be behind the other two (which doesn't make much sense since he was a gym leader). But for the more battle time he gets, his flirting "hilarious" antics have been cranked up way too much.

Cobalt_Latios

He/his Pokes get more screen time, and he battles more, but he still seems to be behind the other two (which doesn't make much sense since he was a gym leader). But for the more battle time he gets, his flirting "hilarious" antics have been cranked up way too much.
Are kidding me? Croagunk jabbing him each and every is the best part about that! It was what makes him such an entertaining character. I mean Croagunk of course. If it weren't for Brock, none of that would have ever happened.

~C_L~

mew801

I love brock and i dont think he should be replaced. i would totally stop watching the anime if that happened. it just wouldnt be the same. i love that he has croagunk, thats so kool.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I for one wouldn't want to see Brock go! I would like him to be more involved, like maybe entering Pokemon Cooking Contests? I don't know! But I do NOT want Brock to leave the anime!

Squaaah

I reckon Brock should get a girlfriend who travels with them. Rather then making it a lovey dovey relatioship, they could make it comical, which could freshen up the whole "brocks girls" joke, as he could still have his crushes on other girls but he tries to hide it from his gf.

If the girl was a co-ordinator the Brock could show his caring side by helping her through her contests and stuff. This could give him more of an active role in contests rather thn just sitting on the sidelines all the time.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Brock is starting to creep me out, because in Pokemon Advance, he's hiding in a bush and jumps out at Ash.
Brock-" Hi Ash!"
Ash-" Wha- How'd you get here?!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.