• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Despite the fact that he has cute Happiny and perky Sudowoodo, he should have left after Battle Frontier.

What the anime needs is another male companion for Ash and Dawn that does not crush on every girl he sees.

EDIT: Rank up! And how ironic, in a thread that talks about Brock.

I think that's a pretty good idea. I don't want Brock to go, but I think that they could add in another character. So it would be like when they had Max. Except he wouldn't be a twerp. I could imagine like a really cool, popular-kid kind of person, that's traveling with Ash because they end up being child hood friends that haven't seen each other in a very long time. Someone that has an attitude like Paul's but not as ... rude... if you see what I mean. Just very cool. And a lot less... moral. I think they could work that into the anime, and in the end have some corny theme of him turning into someone like Ash, or whatever.

And about Reggi, I could see them traveling with Reggi, to stun Paul, except I think it should only be for a limited time. Like maybe Reggi's going to a Breeder's convention, and happens to run into Ash, so they have one arc with Reggi, maybe 10 or 15 episodes or so. And after the convention, Reggi goes back the way they came, and Ash's friend happened to be at the convention as an audience member or something and then they start traveling together with what I said in my first paragraph. I actually like these ideas lol.

Yeah that would be pretty good. Plus he will bring something new. And it means we'd see more of Paul.
Youve changed my mind, I think he would be awesome travelling with Ash.
Well, my reasoning is we see enough of Ash's rival as it is, and his bro doesn't show up nearly enough. He could also help Ash's Pokemon like he did with Staravia.

In case you forgot, all their Pokémon count as constant characters, as well as Team Rocket and their Pokémon.

That brings the total to at least 25 characters to work with on a regular basis. Plus dozens of minor characters like past traveling partners like Misty, Tracey, Max and May. Other characters like their parents, other relatives, the Professors and Pokémon from past sagas.

So they really have more then just 3.
Team Rocket I'll give you (but they don't have much to do especially in the way of interactions), and even the rivals and lesser characters. But the Pokemon? You ought to know I mean humans. I don't think we can hope to understand them, besides Pikachu somewhat.

Since Brock's antics are out-of-place in a children's show, there's only another character to impede him in his pursuits. I'd like it if there were a character who would either tell him "nah, c'mon man, get some standards", or impel him on (whether or not the person is messing with Brock or not), most likely another male.

A new character doesn't have to be male. It could be female, and even be someone that is interested in Brock (which would be especially nice since the ones that reciprocate his advances are few & far between, and they don't stick around long at all). It doesn't have to mean Croagunk would stop Poison Jabbing him; rather than for no reason at all, it would make sense if he acted like he were attracted to another female sometimes.

Grei

not the color
Alkaide, I would love to see that. IMO, the ideal group for the anime would be Ash (duh), Dawn (she just seems more important than past female companions, dunno why) or Misty (Misty rocked, I refuse to believe she's just another minor character at this point), Brock (if and only if he held a Pokemon for Ash, as suggested by another thread), and some other male companion (perhaps the male protagonist from G/S/C or whatever comes after 4th Gen).

If the male companion didn't become a Max clone in which all he does is drag Brock away from girls, then no way. If he was something of a passive character (one that just kind of laughs nervously when Brock goes into Pervert Forme), it'd be better.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
A new character doesn't have to be male. It could be female, and even be someone that is interested in Brock (which would be especially nice since the ones that reciprocate his advances are few & far between, and they don't stick around long at all).

If a new character joins the group or to replace Brock, they would be male. There will never be more girls than boys on the main cast

or Misty (Misty rocked, I refuse to believe she's just another minor character at this point),

"Refuse to believe?" She was only in the show for a short amount of time, and she's been Tracey 2.0 for most of the series.

pokemon fan 132

"Refuse to believe?" She was only in the show for a short amount of time, and she's been Tracey 2.0 for most of the series.

I wouldnt call someone who was part of the main cast for 5 seasons(so far the longest run among female protagonists) a minor character.Also that statement about Misty being minor as Tracey isnt exactly true.She appears more often than him by coming back at least in cameos during every region.Though it would be nice that we see Tracey outside of Pallet sometimes for a change.

When it comes to Brock and his leaving i have encounter many scenarios from people about this.While some seem quite plausible,others are completely ridiculous.Anyway while it would be nice that Brock leaves for some short period of time,so that his fans and others get break from him,i dont think that his permanent leaving would be smart idea,considering how would fans react to this kind of move(we all know how fans of some other character mainly never accepted his leaving so this didnt turn out well).

Personally im not sure what would be the best idea which would allow Brocks leaving,but i really hope if this happens that it wont have anything to do with Chansey and nurse Joy.This would be completely unrealistic as a reson for him to go.

About his replacement like i said before i dont see nothing wrong with girl replacing him.Having two girls in the group for a change would be good idea and it would be interesting to see how would characters interact in that case.I know that writers will probably never do this kind of move,but i think they should.It would certainly refresh this show.

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
I like Takeshi, lol everytime he sees a girl. Though it would be better if Takeshi left. He's getting alittle boring and the series would be more exciting with him gone.

Chiller

i honestly dont know what ash would do without brock around. they would starve and i cant see ash carrying medcine around let alone have the knowledge of what to do with it.

In a weird way I still like Brock, even though he's as stale as he will get.

It would be really weird when he actually (if he actually) goes one day ..since he's been on the show since the beginning, except in the Orange Islands. That would be something I would have to get used to, but I don't LOVE Brock, so I could really care less what they do.

I'm such a confusing person. o_o I like him, but I don't care if he leaves or not, because I don't love him. yeah.

milenadrg

I think in 5th generation, Brock would leave Ash and his replacement would be some female pokemon breeder. Ash will join playble male character in generation 5th.

Rex Kamex

^ I wouldn't want a second breeder to replace Brock.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
^If they actually devised a plot for breeders, like the coordinators, then I'm all for it. Until then, though, it's either keeping Brock, or replacing him with another male for me. Personally, I would like him to be replaced with someone who could develop a father/son bond with Ash, since that interview concluded that Ash's father was a moot point.

candyscience

~Misty Fan~
Yes, yes, YES!
He's getting to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy annoying in my eyes...
He's still an awsome original cast member though...so I wouldn't want him to be gone forever.
Cause, that would suck uber hard.
I know...I miss misty so much! I want her to come back in the next couple of seasons...
I think that she'd be a great rival for the whole lacking romance aspect in the anime.

Gawd....I miss misty...

sanjay120

?(???)?
How about instead of getting rid of someone who is really cool, somewhat funny, and has had almost zero screentime or character development, we get rid of Ash who has been on since the beginning and is really starting to bore me with the constant gym battles. What they should do is give something for Brock to actually do, something new, and he won't suffer from being pushed to the sidelines all the time.

If they brought in two coordinators, they could bring in two breeders.

It would be extremely mundane and uncreative unless they actually do something with the whole "breeding" aspect with the next bloke/chick. Well, they proved they could do contests, but I suppose the thought of said character eating up more screentime is not a pleasant prospect for the writers.

I think I'm understanding why Yamato-San dislikes the idea of Gym Leaders travelling with Ash. It's character decay.

Chiller

if they do replace brock i hope its with a female breeder. and i hope its just her and ash. as well as being a breeder she could also take part in contests. that way she would get a lot more personality development rather than balancing between three main characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.