• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
ever since the beginning, except for the orange islands (which i thought just wasted time), brock has been taking of ash and other character, misty, may and dawn. if he leaves then who will take care of ash and other character. brock cooks. who else cooks?
if the writers do make him leave it should be by a 2 to 4 part season finale. a real tear jerker at that too.

Rex Kamex

Neither would I, but theres a possibility that it could happen.

That's true.

CyberCubed said:
If they brought in two coordinators, they could bring in two breeders.

They could, but just because they could doesn't mean I would want that to happen. (Neither the two coordinators nor the two breeders.)

I just know that there'd be people that would go crazy over this second breeder simply for her not being Brock. Either we wouldn't see this breeder to much breeding (just like with Brock), or she would do much breeding, which would make us wonder why they didn't do this with Brock.

I know just because she's a side character doesn't mean she'd automatically be considered uninteresting, but I can't help but believe that she could be as interesting as many people thought Tracey was and people would still accept her for not being Brock.

Chiller said:
if they do replace brock i hope its with a female breeder. and i hope its just her and ash. as well as being a breeder she could also take part in contests. that way she would get a lot more personality development rather than balancing between three main characters.

No offense, but I really wouldn't want that. Ash just traveling with just one person who happens to be both the third coordinator and the second breeder. Even if she was the fifth generation girl.

I've said it before, but IMO if the writers want a trainer and they can keep Ash, then if the writers want a coordinator then they should keep the one already in the show, and if they want a breeder they can keep Brock and make him act like a breeder, but if they want him to get rid of Brock do not make his replacement another breeder. You're still entitled to your opinion, of course.

pkmn Trainer Ruby said:
Never, I rather they murder Ash than take away Brock(FAVE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ash has died a couple of times... (well, if you consider being turned to stone dying... wait... yeah.)

t00lb0x31 said:
ever since the beginning, except for the orange islands (which i thought just wasted time), brock has been taking of ash and other character, misty, may and dawn. if he leaves then who will take care of ash and other character. brock cooks. who else cooks?

Which makes me wonder what Ash was planning to eat when he originally left for Hoenn, and Sinnoh, since he didn't know that Brock was coming back.

if the writers do make him leave it should be by a 2 to 4 part season finale. a real tear jerker at that too.

Many people on this forum would cry tears of joy... which is quite sad, actually.

candyscience said:
I know...I miss misty so much! I want her to come back in the next couple of seasons...
I think that she'd be a great rival for the whole lacking romance aspect in the anime.

But there haven't been any shipping hints involving her in years. (Okay, that's partially because Misty hasn't been around much for years, but the writers still could've done something if they wanted to, but they didn't.)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just know that there'd be people that would go crazy over this second breeder simply for her not being Brock. Either we wouldn't see this breeder to much breeding (just like with Brock), or she would do much breeding, which would make us wonder why they didn't do this with Brock.

The new character would have a new personality and add some freshness to the group.

That's all I want. I don't care what the character does or if he/she turns out as useless as Tracey, just having a new character in the first place would be an improvement in my eyes.

Rex Kamex

The new character would have a new personality and add some freshness to the group.

Hopefully they'd have a new personality, but it would definitely add freshness.

That's all I want. I don't care what the character does or if he/she turns out as useless as Tracey,

But if the writers are willing to make an entirely new character, in my opinion they'd better keep from making this person "as useless as Tracey." I'm not saying the writers, especially these days, definitely would make a new character a plain, boring character, but I am saying that they really shouldn't. Especially if before his debut he's hyped up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread...

just having a new character in the first place would be an improvement in my eyes.

Same here, but only as long as they bring something interesting to the table. (Or course, if by interesting that means he's a Gary Stu that captures every legendary Pokemon he sees and KOs all enemy Pokemon with one hit... not that that would ever happen... that wouldn't be good either.)

... You know, maybe I shouldn't call this new character simply a he.

Squaaah

and KOs all enemy Pokemon with one hit...

Personally i'd find that fairly boring.

I've said it before, but IMO if the writers want a trainer and they can keep Ash, then if the writers want a coordinator then they should keep the one already in the show,

Also the writers have already shown that they're ok going against that, in swapping the girl co-ordinator for another one. However i do agree with you. They really should just stick with one until they get bored of their job, then replace them with a different job, like replacing misty (water pokemon trainer) with May (co-ordinator).

Also i agree with the whole Brock should have a real tear jerker leave. All his other "final eps" at the end of the saga's were a bit pityful goodbyes, even though Ash and Brock had travelled together longer and didnt know they were going to see each other again.

Rex Kamex

Personally i'd find that fairly boring.

I know, that's what I'm saying. It's like refreshing the show by having Pikachu evolve. (Permanently.)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see why Brock has to get a big emotional farewell.

I just rewatched the Orange episode where he left, and he didn't get a flashback or a teary eyed farewell at all.

It was just Brock waving goodbye with all his Pokemon out as he stayed with Ivy.

PDL

disenchanted
I don't see why Brock has to get a big emotional farewell.

I just rewatched the Orange episode where he left, and he didn't get a flashback or a teary eyed farewell at all.

It was just Brock waving goodbye with all his Pokemon out as he stayed with Ivy.

It was at the time when no-one really had any inkling of things such as "character switch-ups" and cast changes. No one was really asking for one.

Personally, I wouldn't want a big emotional farewell for Brock either, the only thing I would want is that if he is to be written out, it would be in a sensible direction and it would actually relate to what he actually does.

Hence why I thought of that "breeding school" theory on Bulbagarden. It's a carrier choice that actually relates to what he does.

Rex Kamex

Also i agree with the whole Brock should have a real tear jerker leave.

I don't think it's necessary, but if it happened I guess I wouldn't mind it. (Since he wouldn't be coming back anyway.) But... even though he's been here for a long time... he's Brock. I don't think he's done enough to get such a farewell. But since he'd never be coming back, I'd hope he'd get something decent.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Gotta love Brock, for nostalgic reasons.

BaconBoy914

See, the thing is, that the girl all leave after 2 regions, make a comeback for a mini arc, then they're gone again, taking Brock away at this point, would be very bad for ratings ... just out of the blue, who thinks Dawn's staying till the show ends?

Rex Kamex

See, the thing is, that the girl all leave after 2 regions,

Wouldn't the Orange Islands count for Misty? Since I'm pretty sure that's the region you're forgetting.

make a comeback for a mini arc, then they're gone again, taking Brock away at this point, would be very bad for ratings

Why would taking Brock away be bad for the ratings?

just out of the blue, who thinks Dawn's staying till the show ends?

I wish, but...

Rasho

Zing
I like Brock, but he has grown stale over the years. In the Kanto saga, he was a funny character who was interesting and actually had some pretty good depth. He was alright during Johto, though definitely a step below that from what he was in Kanto. However, in AG, he became a boring and useless character. Nowadays, all he does is skirt chase and cheer for Ash/May/Dawn from the side lines.

Because many people were outraged by Tracey replacing Brock, he is never going to leave Ash's group again. He is a permanent staple on the show. He does have the potential to once again be a great character. However, I strongly doubt that the writers will ever utilize the potential he has and bring him back to his former glory. He will forever remain a guy who only cheerleads and horn dogs.

Grei

not the color
I almost wouldn't be surprised if Dawn traveled with Ash to the fifth region. She got her own introductory episode, and she started her journey just like Ash. I see Dawn lasting longer than expected.

I hope Brock leaves for one region, or for at least a season or two. Maybe he goes home for the Battle Frontier season, or something, I don't know, I just think he could use a break.

Grei

not the color
I almost wouldn't be surprised if Dawn traveled with Ash to the fifth region. She got her own introductory episode, and she started her journey just like Ash. I see Dawn lasting longer than expected.

I hope Brock leaves for one region, or for at least a season or two. Maybe he goes home for the Battle Frontier season, or something, I don't know, I just think he could use a break.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because many people were outraged by Tracey replacing Brock, he is never going to leave Ash's group again. He is a permanent staple on the show. He does have the potential to once again be a great character. However, I strongly doubt that the writers will ever utilize the potential he has and bring him back to his former glory. He will forever remain a guy who only cheerleads and horn dogs.

Brock is a bit more interesting in DP now, since Croagunk and Sudowoodo and Happiny are good pokemon. I think there's been an improvement in Brock now, even if I'd still rather him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.