• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock apparently = Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
What do you talking about? Of course it didn't happend. Four trainers is too much and two are gymbattlers...
Sounds stupid...

i agree it would be useless to have two gym battlers, because no one wonts to see two gym battles... brock brakes the mold that has trainers always out to concure something. he just wont's to learn.

Munchy_Lax

Don't mez wid da Ape
Brock really has no reason to be back after Sinnoh. He's been in every season except Orange, why do we need him even longer?

For god sakes, just because a lot of you didn't like Tracey doesn't mean they can't come up with a better male sidekick this time.

And just because a lot of you don't like Brock and want him to leave, doesn't mean he will. Seriously, Brock will never leave. Personally in the 5th gen, I would like Misty to return. I'm getting tired of these contests. But, I have a feeling that we will more than likely get another girl that does contests.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And just because a lot of you don't like Brock and want him to leave, doesn't mean he will. Seriously, Brock will never leave.

Never say never. Back in the early days of the anime when Brock was swapped out for Tracey, I remember people saying that would never happen to Misty. Sure enough, fast forward through the Johto era, and just that happened. Except unlike Brock coming back and Tracey leaving, just the opposite seemed to happen the second time, especially now with Dawn in here.

Personally in the 5th gen, I would like Misty to return. I'm getting tired of these contests. But, I have a feeling that we will more than likely get another girl that does contests.

Or a new quest.

PDL

disenchanted
Never say never. Back in the early days of the anime when Brock was swapped out for Tracey, I remember people saying that would never happen to Misty. Sure enough, fast forward through the Johto era, and just that happened. Except unlike Brock coming back and Tracey leaving, just the opposite seemed to happen the second time, especially now with Dawn in here.

That's because they actually put thought into the new character.

May has a more appealing design then Tracey, (Especially since the fandom is predominently male.) and she was actually written with a real purpose.

May was designed to introduce contests. Tracey was only invented because they wanted an anglo-saxon-esqe character instead of someone who was "Korean". This didn't work because Brock was still popular despite their unfounded fear about his appearence.

Dawn "replaced" May because they wanted to try the "newbie" aspect again for DP. Plus they wanted to correct any "mistakes" that were made with May and her arc (Such as making the appeal round almost meaningless since she always passed them with flying colours).

Look, I wouldn't mind if they ever made the desicion to replace Brock with someone else, but ONLY if the new character doesn't turn out to be Brock Version 2.0. Because it doesn't make sense at all to invent a character only to get him/her shafted.

Last edited:

Keroro

no u
I like Brock. He's been around for the entire series barring Orange Islands, so in my opinion taking him out wouldn't be that good of an idea. It'd be a big risk and I don't think it'd be worth it.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
I like Brock and all and it will definately be a shock to most people to take him out but I've sort of had enough of him.

milenadrg

I liked him but at the old first seasons when he came. Then he couldn't been boring, but now after soo many years he became boring. Hope that ugly frog of his team will kill him and the group continues without Brock...

beoderro

Unactive :(
I think Brock is quite big part in Pokemon. Who would make food for Ash if he leaves?
But that flirting almost every girl start irritating me...

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
I think that another girl that is Brock's age should travel along with Ash and co like Sango and Mirokou then we could have some comedy. I also think Brock should get stronger pokemon I mean crogunk, sudowoodo and Happiny that's it well not a strong team in my opinion

milenadrg

I think that another girl that is Brock's age should travel along with Ash and co like Sango and Mirokou then we could have some comedy. I also think Brock should get stronger pokemon I mean crogunk, sudowoodo and Happiny that's it well not a strong team in my opinion

Hmmh... Better to all of the characters who travel with Ash and Co. be the same age...

I liked him but at the old first seasons when he came. Then he couldn't been boring, but now after soo many years he became boring. Hope that ugly frog of his team will kill him and the group continues without Brock...

Personally, I think that "ugly frog" is the best thing about Brock. We haven't had this great wanton trainer abuse since Charizard started listening to Ash. It's a great break from the traditional loyal Pokemon, and keeping that implication in mind makes his girl craziness feel fresh again.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I still don't get why people want Brock gone so much.
If they kick him out, they're not gonna let Ash travel alone
with some girl. They don't have any other kind of activity
that a person could actively take part of so whoever they
add will do as much Brock, if not less. (Most likely less.)

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?

it would basically be a Max part they give to the person. i mean some people that have come on with the group have some sort of flaw that that has them not be in the group as they go on. i mean with misty she only liked water pknm, so no real interestion pknm or interestiong sub plot.

tracey he watched pknm and drew them great, but he didn't catch pknm and he didn't really have anything else to wont to do after he got to oaks lab. i mean he could have still gone on with the group. but he wonted to be with the proffesor. so we lost him their. he also didn't cointribute to the to the plot. she also had three lazy sisters that didn't run a gym, so she had to tend to it. but brock has like fliping 12 bro. and sis. to run the gym, plus father mother and bro. forest to take care of it.

although if anyone were to replace brock i would wont it to be tracey, just because he's the same as brock ,but clutzyer.

with max...yeah you can already see where that is going. basically what he did was take up space and air for other pknm to have appeared. but the reason they had him was to...well i say it was to show what it was like for a child to not have a pknm and to go on a journey...i hope but thats what i think so tell me if i'm wrong...

he's also a good person to come back, but only if he does something that can be like brocks part and...have a pknm.

and dawn and may they did stuff like contests so yeah...

those people couldn't do what brock does and what his part is used for, exept the ones i mentioned. but he does do something evey know and then and he somwhat progresses the plot. since dawn is new to the pknm world, and ash still needs to controle himself and tend to his pknm properly...lost train of thought...i forgot the rest but you get the picture.

pokemon fan 132

I think i know the reason but before i start with this i would like to clear up some things.

I apologize in advance if someone will find this insulting,but i find it absolutely absurd that some people are immediately assuming that whoever replaces Brock would end up like a second version of him.Its quite simple if character who comes in his place gets something to do along with likeable personality receiving decent amount of screentime he would be well received.I would also like to point out one important thing and that is that pokemon anime doesnt have to completely follow the games and numerous times it didnt.

The reason why people wants that Brock leaves is because they probably want a break from him.The same thing but in smaller doze is happening in Ashs case aswell.Brock is part of the main cast for almost 11 years already(with exception of Orange Islands) so its really no surprise that people would like to have a break from him and see someone else being part of the main cast instead.

As for me i think its quite obvious who i would like to come instead of Brock if he gets replaced.The answer is Misty and many people would like this aswell.Despite some people opinions trainers using only one type of pokemon can be very interesting aswell and if she returns the writers would probably come up with something to advance her goal for example(in form of water competitions similar to Whirl Cup or something like that).Sure they didnt do so much with her during Johto,but to be honest noone was threated well in this region.My point is that they probably learned from mistakes which they did in the past so this wouldnt be the case now.

To conclude this i like Brock but im also one of the people who thinks that he needs to take a small break.However i certainly wouldnt want that he leaves forever,not at all.I think it would be enough for a season or two and this would hopefully end all this complaints.

Last edited:

milenadrg

No. There are more than million kinds of characters better than Brock. And Ash wouldn't travel alone with some girl....
I hope the 5th gen Ash's friends would be much cooler and stronger than previous...

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
The reason why people wants that Brock leaves is because they probably want a break from him.The same thing but in smaller doze is happening in Ashs case aswell.Brock is part of the main cast for almost 11 years already(with exception of Orange Islands) so its really no surprise that people would like to have a break from him and see someone else being part of the main cast instead.

People who want Brock to leave don't want it to be temporary, they want to see his depature be permanent. Which makes sense, as it's clear that his previous comeback resulted in the shafted and boring Brock we have today, who has only seen any improvement in this saga. It's really a case of too little too late.

People who are tired of Ash are those who are tired of the anime in general and have most likely already stopped watching it.

As for me i think its quite obvious who i would like to come instead of Brock if he gets replaced.The answer is Misty and many people would like this aswell.Despite some people opinions trainers using only one type of pokemon can be very interesting aswell and if she returns the writers would probably come up with something to advance her goal for example(in form of water competitions similar to Whirl Cup or something like that).Sure they didnt do so much with her during Johto,but to be honest noone was threated well in this region.My point is that they probably learned from mistakes which they did in the past so this wouldnt be the case now.

Misty has no chance of returning to the cast at all, her storyline has been resolved and the writers have stated she will not come back. And nor should she. Misty's water typed teams resulted in highly unused and uninteresting pokemon such as Goldeen and Horsea. No type needs any more exposure than any other and water pokemon are prominent enough as is. Misty has already achieved her goals, she has nothing to gain by coming back.

People always forget about Team Rocket, who retained their excellent characterisation even during Johto's worst slumps. They couldn't save Johto from mediocrity despite this of course.

BTW you may want to improve your grammar and spelling. It makes things easier for the rest of us.

pokemon fan 132

Misty has no chance of returning to the cast at all, her storyline has been resolved and the writers have stated she will not come back. And nor should she. Misty's water typed teams resulted in highly unused and uninteresting pokemon such as Goldeen and Horsea. No type needs any more exposure than any other and water pokemon are prominent enough as is. Misty has already achieved her goals, she has nothing to gain by coming back.

I have to strongly disagree,because Mistys story is far from being resolved.She is a character left with a lot of untapped potential and in my opinion her return would improve this show and make it more interesting than it is now.
About her goals being achieved this is also incorrect because her goal was to become water pokemon master and not a gym leader.She never showed any interest in becoming one until her sisters left leaving her without a choice.

Maybe she is a gym leader now,but if she ever wants to achieve her original goal she will have to leave the gym for some period of time and start travelling again because her dream cannot be accomplished only as a gym leader.I see her position of being a gym leader more as a stepping stone which willl on one part help her to achieve her ultimate goal one day.
Now it comes the famous question "but if Mistys goal isnt to be a gym leader than howcome that she still didnt left the gym?".

This can be answered in two ways.From anime perspective the reason why she still didnt left the gym is because she doesnt thrust her sisters enough to leave it in their hands considering how they like to give badges to trainers without having them to actually battle for them.
From real life perspective writers decided to cement her in the gym without giving her a chance of achieving her goals and it seems that they arent planning anytime soon to return her in the show.

One more thing i never found any of Mistys pokemon uninteresting.Sure some of them like Goldeen or Horsea didnt received much spotlight but if she ever returns to the main cast im sure that writers would handle them much better than they used to.

By the way i know what has been said about Misty in that interview,but i didnt take those words as "set in the stone".That statement about her never returning to the main cast was stated by former pokemon director who is now a storyboard artist and NEVER by pokemon writers.

As for Brock i know that people want him gone permanently,sadly.I was just saying how i wouldnt want that he leaves forever but only for some time.I understand that people want break from him but in my opinion it would be unfair that he leaves forever.His character doesnt deserve this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.