• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock, Cilan and the Forest Witch! (1228)

GMax Helios

Don't start with "No." when you are replying to me.

Instead, use "Yes.", or "I agree.", or "You are absolutely right."
The hell? In what universe does that make sense? They said no because they felt differently to how you did.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
People seriously think that Brock's job as a Pokémon Doctor got dropped? He only cooked for the restaurant cause he "fell in love." As soon as that was over, he went back to normal. Since he's here until the end, we'll see him in other predicaments I'm sure.

Braintank

People seriously think that Brock's job as a Pokémon Doctor got dropped? He only cooked for the restaurant cause he "fell in love." As soon as that was over, he went back to normal. Since he's here until the end, we'll see him in other predicaments I'm sure.
Misty: "Hey, what are you doing here?"
Brock: "Just what it looks like, I got hired as this cafe's manager."
Misty: "What happened to being a pokemon doctor?"
Brock: "I decided I intend to devote my life to that lady."

Seems to me being a pokemon doctor was unimportant to him as its not what was going to help him get a girlfriend. And it would only have been important if Kathy, the cafe girl, would want that from Brock.

Psajdak

Brock performing a complicated operation on injured Pokemon as Pokemon Doctor:

- put some healing spray on the wound

- bandage a wound

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
I liked that Cilan brought up that he and Brock first met in Johto, though when the dub of this episode comes out, it might be a tad confusing for viewers as the special featuring Brock and Cilan in Johto was never dubbed, but it was also neat for that interaction to remind Cilan to congratulate Ash for winning the Masters 8.
Not gonna lie, it didn't occur to me that this episode was set in Galar until (boxed lunch connoisseur) Cilan mentioned boxed lunches that are Galarian Darumaka-shaped (and they look similar to the ones from M15). The same with Ash's pokedex, which is now incorporating the gen 9 design. Having said that, the episode didn't specify where Ash was (not that it would matter anyway), so that's kind of a moot point.
When Ash said to Brock that he used to tell him that "Guys have to go for broke." my immediate thought was Brock saying something along those lines in DP002 after he learned that the truck driver already had a boyfriend, yet this episode took that small instance of heartbreak, jack it up to 11, using it as the premise of the entire episode, and it was nice to see Hatterene get a good deal of focus (as well as its entire line) in terms of characteristics, after all in her debut appearance, she was just a dude that Gary used.
The way Misty reacted to Cilan being an "everything" connoisseur, this episode felt like a BW episode considering that's how Iris reacted (and Dawn as well), and I also liked that when it was brought up that Misty loves water-types and hates Bugs, Cilan straightforwardly asks how Misty would react to a Water/Bug-type like Dewpider for instance (Though admittedly, I'd have liked Araquanid be used as an example, just to disrespect it more in terms of representation in the series), and funnily enough Dewpider appeared literally two episodes ago.
Throughout this episode, I was thinking "I wonder which four pokemon Ash will be using this week." but I'm not too surprised we didn't see anything other than Pikachu given the premise of the episode and how much "Hatterene toying with Brock's emotions to the point that he may be scarred for life" content was crammed into the episode, at least next episode rectifies this.
All in all, this seemed like a decent episode, between the character interactions (Misty/Cilan) and the callbacks to previous sagas. Yeah, the resolution was a bit meh, but that's probably because the plot dragged on for a bit longer than it needed to be.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Misty: "Hey, what are you doing here?"
Brock: "Just what it looks like, I got hired as this cafe's manager."
Misty: "What happened to being a pokemon doctor?"
Brock: "I decided I intend to devote my life to that lady."

Seems to me being a pokemon doctor was unimportant to him as its not what was going to help him get a girlfriend. And it would only have been important if Kathy, the cafe girl, would want that from Brock.

You act as if Brock's horniness is meant to be taken seriously.

Brock is known for dropping everything for the sake of a pretty woman. He left Ash and Misty because he had a thing for Profesor Ivy, the entire The Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode, the episode in BF where he competed in a contest for the Breeder Girl.

When Brock is level headed he would never abandon his goal of helping Pokémon it's just that they go overboard with his infatuation for laughs.

Braintank

You act as if Brock's horniness is meant to be taken seriously.

Brock is known for dropping everything for the sake of a pretty woman. He left Ash and Misty because he had a thing for Profesor Ivy, the entire The Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode, the episode in BF where he competed in a contest for the Breeder Girl.

When Brock is level headed he would never abandon his goal of helping Pokémon it's just that they go overboard with his infatuation for laughs.
I am aware its meant to be a gag, I have watched since OS. The cafe gag implies he drops his vocational training as a pokemon doctor for being a cafe manager for the sake of a girl.

Professor Ivy I will give you as he did actually leave the series for her. But the other two are false equivalents.

Also your last point is just bizarre. We see Brock being level-headed and acting normal at the cafe when he hasn't learned she had a boyfriend. Sure he is in love, but the way you worded it implies he can't act normal while also being in love with a girl, like they are mutually exclusive. Which I'm just saying, is a misread of his character.

Thesnowmander11

1228.jpg

Brock, Cilan and the Forest Witch!​

With Misty having rejoined Ash & Pikachu, they continue their travels where they meet up with Brock and Cilan. However, Brock is feeling down due to a fresh heartbreak only to end up being abducted by a wild Hatterene. Why did this happen and can Ash, Cilan & Misty find a way to get Brock back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
Thank god cilan ended up returning cuz the exclusive japense episode they gave during kalos wasn’t enough lol