• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock or Cilan?

Better Traveling Companion for Ash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlestarf

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was very upset that Cilan replaced brock, and I prefer Brock over Cilan. I have to admit though, Cilan is starting to grow on me. I just don't think Cilan has that funny yet serious personality that Brock had.

Change of Heart: CILAN ROCKS!!!

So, who do you prefer, Brock or Cilan?

EDIT:I'm starting to realize Cilan's personality. I also love how he always refers everything to food. Like you guys have said, Brock was getting stale and it's refreshing to have a new male companion for Ash.

Last edited:

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I prefer Cilan. Brock was just a boring overlong gag.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I actually prefer Cilan. For some reason I like how he refers everything to food.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't really care, actually.

But Cilan is new, fresh, and sparkle-tastic, so I choose him.

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
Brock. Cilan always puts recipes into his explanations and stuff, i hate that, its stupid.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hmmm....:) I wonder who Dentogirl likes better? ;)

yush I'ma fangirl...

Anyways...some reasons why I prefer Dento is his ENGRISH!!!! SO MUCH!! His metaphors are like 10x funnier in JP than English. Mamoru Miyano portrays him excellently. You can tell when he's excited, caring, upset etc. I just love that. I love the way he describes everything! ITS JUST SO COMPLEX IT'S AMUSING!! He's pretty serious...but NOT, I just love his positive, kind, passionate, ECCENTRIC attitude.

Nothing against Brock, it's just there's a difference between liking a character and fangirling over a character X3

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Yeah, brock all the way. He's been in it for so long... But i do like Cilan though. I just like Brock more.

Turtlestarf

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I actually prefer Cilan. For some reason I like how he refers everything to food.

Yeah, but the guy who voices him must feel pretty stupid. haha!

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Brock all the way.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Brock.
I don't even know about Cilan, but I can tell from the pictures of him that I hate him.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Cilan certainly has a brand of his own. He's a lot like Brock in many respects, both gym leaders, great cooks, acts as the big brother of the group, both have a well developed understanding of trainers and pokemon. Granted its not Brock but its not like they'll say so long Brock. He was gone for the Orange Islands but he came back. Though after seeing him in Hoenn and Sinnoh it's a nice change of pace

Rohanator

Brock.
I don't even know about Cilan, but I can tell from the pictures of him that I hate him.
I kinda was like that too but once you get to know him, he's great.

Hmmm....:) I wonder who Dentogirl likes better? ;)

yush I'ma fangirl...

Anyways...some reasons why I prefer Dento is his ENGRISH!!!! SO MUCH!! His metaphors are like 10x funnier in JP than English. Mamoru Miyano portrays him excellently. You can tell when he's excited, caring, upset etc. I just love that. I love the way he describes everything! ITS JUST SO COMPLEX IT'S AMUSING!! He's pretty serious...but NOT, I just love his positive, kind, passionate, ECCENTRIC attitude.

I'm not a girl and definitely no fangirl but...this..so much. XD

Xhilla

I don't like Cilan that much, but he's still more interesting than Brock.

Meowth City

Staff member
My, you took the words straight out of my mouth. I think he is unique and that's why I like him. Plus, I love how Cilan and his Pansage are so synced up and they both have that charming personality. Honestly, I never really cared for Brock. I like him moderately, but I felt that he had too much screen time.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I like Brock for nostalgia but I think Cilan is a much better character overall. So Cilan gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.