• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brock's dayjob

coolminun

Banned
Well, I for one am getting pretty sick of Brock and the writers lack of work for him. He's been around for a really long time, yet he's an average trainer who keeps saying "my goal is to become the world's greatest pokemon breeder." yet he's made no steps into furthering that goal other than making food and buying medicine for everybody. So what do you think Brock needs?
I say make a competition oriented around Brock's goal and have him actually win something for a change.

ThePokéman09

He needs to settle down and start a company in the breeding business. Suits him well. Girls dig businessmen, so maybe he'll get a little less desperate as time goes by. In addition, he'll probably become a master breeder at the same time rather than walking around with his eyes closed.

bonslyclogsthetoilet

BoomGoesTheDynamite!
I've been disappointed to see him keep popping back at the start of every generation in one way or another.

Though my reasoning for his longevity is probably because his character doesn't do enough to warrant for him to be replaced. All he does is provide care and supplies to the two main characters, be the facilitator to any conflict and be the step by step commentator to situations such as gym battles and contest. With that, he doesn't really need much of a personality or character to do so. Maybe once or awhile, he does the "falling in love with chicks" comic relief. Either ways, he's just more of a background guy that most don't care for him to be replaced or not. At least that is what I assumed writers think. And add to the once bad fan reaction when they removed in the Orange Island arc. And I assume writers believe their targeted audience which are little kids will not be that critical enough to realize this.

I myself on the other hand would like to see him gone to make room for someone else to come in rather than having the cycle of female protagonists being developed over time only to be replaced.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Not everyone needs a Trinket Quest. Brock is fine the way he is.

Rex Kamex

^ I disagree. It doesn't have to be a competition, but I wish that Brock would do something for his breeding skills, and more in the show in general. I don't see why sidekick characters should just do little more than stand around in the background. Brock can do so much more without being "THE face of Pokemon."

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I only think Brock is still in the anime because he's the 'mature' one of the group who keeps them together and well.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Brock is fine as he is, he's there just for support. Don't change our fave ladies man!

milenadrg

Brock is totally neglected and I started to think what's the point bringing him in every region. He and that flirting with girls became really annoying...
I think it would be great if writers make some Breeder Competitions for him or he can just leave(and be replaced buy new male character)...

Rex Kamex

Brock is fine as he is, he's there just for support. Don't change our fave ladies man!

He was always there for support, but in the old episodes he did more...

Anyway, if he ever is replaced, I hope it's by a person who can actually contribute more to the show. I don't see why it would be the guy character of the next generation games if he turns out to be a Pokemon trainer.
(I also don't see why people wanted Barry to replace Brock.) The new character will have to bring more to the table than "OMG he's new" to impress me.

Grei

not the color
Brock needs to do more. All he ever does is cook; I think he should work on raising his Pokemon, using his breeding skills. Just being more actively involved with his Pokemon would change this.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
^ I disagree. It doesn't have to be a competition, but I wish that Brock would do something for his breeding skills, and more in the show in general. I don't see why sidekick characters should just do little more than stand around in the background. Brock can do so much more without being "THE face of Pokemon."

He does do something; he helps raise his friend's Pokemon. Brock's done more in Sinnoh then he's done in any other region and that STILL isn't enough to appease people. He utilizes all of his Pokemon pretty well and some thing they're still boring and rarely used. They may say they don't want Brock in any " competition " but that's the only thing that'll make them happy.

Some might say " why not? " but I think two competition types is enough. We're hardly getting any time to breathe between them as it stands.

Rex Kamex

He does do something; he helps raise his friend's Pokemon. Brock's done more in Sinnoh then he's done in any other region and that STILL isn't enough to appease people.

... How so?

They may say they don't want Brock in any " competition " but that's the only thing that'll make them happy.

I don't know what makes you say that (and I'm not just saying this because I don't think Brock needs to be in competitions).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... How so?

Brock did the Double Battle Tournament, the Summer School Program, the Cosplay Contest, the Croagunk competition, and partnered with Ash in the Resort Cafe. He's not just in the background as much as he's been in other seasons. He lets his Pokemon out of their Pokeballs more. He's had a fair share of character centric episodes, too.

I don't know what makes you say that (and I'm not just saying this because I don't think Brock needs to be in competitions).

Brock's been pretty active but people act like he's done nothing at all.

J-boogie200

I will always love Brock dearly, he's a cool dude. Cooking and cleaning while being a trainer/breeder and traveling. He has a good head on his shoulders. Seriously, he's knowledgeable.

I really wonder what the reaction would be if he leaves. Because, those who started watching Hoen and D/P first, will miss him dearly. Same went for those, myself included although I did like Tracy, who experienced him in Kanto then he left for Orange Islands. Returned for Johto.

PDL

disenchanted
I also get the feeling that if they did replace him with someone else, that person would be just as "shafted" as Brock is now, which would render the change almost pointless. We would only be complaining about how the new person isn't doing anything.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I also get the feeling that if they did replace him with someone else, that person would be just as "shafted" as Brock is now, which would render the change almost pointless. We would only be complaining about how the new person isn't doing anything.

It wouldn't render the change pointless, it would still liven up the group.

The DP trio as a group is stale interaction wise because Dawn and Brock hardly interact. If there was a new character who interacted with Dawn better, the DP trio would feel a lot better.

I honestly think the DP trio has the least amount of chemistry of all the groups, even the Orange Islands had some good friendship moments between Misty and Tracey

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think they will do that Brock will stay in the 5th gen journey.
Because he is the japanese's symbol, because his eyes. As well as Wobbuffet.