• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Broken Promise: The Story of Ash's Pidgeot (Rated PG)

Tepig 5000

Darkness Filled Me
Hai i was noticed awesome but yeah that did sound kinda weird

AmericanPi

Write on
CHAPTER 11

The tall, intimidating skyscrapers of Goldenrod City pierced the cloudless blue sky as Lightning, Hilda, and I slowed to a stop by the great city gates. Humans, walking or riding skinny bicycles, crowded the tangled streets of the thriving metropolis like a swarm of Beedrill. Wow; Goldenrod City is much, much bigger than Violet City, I thought as I tilted my head back to marvel at the enormous buildings,

“Now what do we do, Hilda?” Lightning asked. “I think the humans would be surprised to see three Pokemon wandering around the city streets without their trainers.”

“Actually, they’ll be totally cool about it,” Hilda replied confidently. “Those silly humans are so preoccupied by their own little businesses that they don’t ever say a thing whenever I roll around the city streets. Just stay way above the humans and follow me! I know the city like no one else!” With that, she launched into a Rollout and rolled into the city.

“Don’t count on getting to the gym soon,” Lightning said quietly to me as we flew quickly after her. “She probably doesn’t know the city as well as she thinks she does.”

“But we don’t know the city at all,” I said quickly. “I think it would be better to follow her than to try to find the gym by ourselves.”

Lightning nodded as he flew higher in the sky. I followed him as Hilda led us around sharp corners, down busy streets, and through narrow alleys. Lightning and I grunted as we made the sharp turns; as Pidgeot, our long wings were more suited for straight, long-distance flying. The clamor in the streets below threatened to divert my attention, and I tried hard to focus on following Hilda, who was nothing but a fast-moving pink-and-black speck amongst the endless throng of humans.

Soon, I found myself panting with exhaustion. The enormous buildings of the city seemed to block out the clear, breathable air of the wide, open countryside. Lightning also seemed to be running out of energy: his movements were less smooth, and he slowly decreased his altitude until he was just a human-height above Hilda. I followed him, my wings aching from the sharp turns I had to make. Hilda, however, showed no signs of getting tired or slowing down. So this is Hilda’s famous Rollout! I thought, impressed. I didn’t know that it had endurance as well as speed and power.

Finally, Hilda skidded to a surprisingly fast stop in front of a large, domed building. This must be the Goldenrod City gym, I thought as Lightning and I landed lightly in front of the tall gym doors. A piece of paper hung crookedly from a single piece of tape that seemed to be hastily taped to the door handle. Oh, no, please don’t say that Whitney isn’t here, I pleaded as Lightning hopped forward to read the note.

“The Goldenrod City gym is closed,” he read. “I am looking for my lost Miltank. If you know where she is, call my Pokegear at 3-667-6257. Signed, Whitney: Goldenrod City’s gym leader.”

“Oh, no!” Hilda exclaimed. “That means she could be anywhere! Oh, why did I run away?” She looked at Lightning with a puzzled expression on her face. “And by the way, Lightning, did you just read that note?”

“Yep!” Lightning said proudly. “Falkner’s been teaching me how to read ever since I was a Pidgey.”

“Lucky,” Hilda sighed. “All Whitney does with me now is training and battling.” She stared hopelessly at the note. “What do we do now? How are we supposed to find Whitney?”

“Well, let’s start by looking around the Goldenrod City gym,” I suggested. “If we can’t find her around here, then we can split up and search for her around the city.”

“Good plan,” Lightning said. “Let’s go.”

I launched into the air, flying close to the gym wall in hopes of hearing sounds that might give away Whitney’s presence. Lightning flew behind me, and Hilda prowled slowly on the ground below.

Suddenly, I heard indistinct female voices floating out of an open window of a small annex. The window was large and low enough to look into while standing up. Tensing, I landed silently next to the window and looked inside. Lightning and Hilda followed, not making a sound as they took their places at the window.

The scene that greeted my eyes would have been mundane and dull – two females sitting at a table and drinking tea – if the two females weren’t familiar individuals. At one end of the table sat whom I knew had to be Whitney: a pink-haired teenage girl with a white T-shirt and white shorts. And at the other end, disguised with a black leather jacket and black pants, was none other than Nature Hunter K.

“So she was right!” Hilda whispered in horror. “But what is Nature Hunter K doing in that disguise?”

“Shh,” I shushed. “Let’s see what K is up to.”

Lightning, Hilda, and I peered into the window and listened carefully. “Who are you anyways, and what do you want with me?” Whitney asked.

K removed her sunglasses and polished the large, shiny badge on her jacket. “I’m an official Pokemon League Inspector,” she said calmly. “My name’s Katie, and I need to talk to you about your overpowered Miltank.”

Whitney tensed and took a quick sip of her tea. “I lost her yesterday,” she said quietly. “Have you found her?”

K shook her head. “That is not the reason why I need to talk to you.”

“Then why are you here? I need to go and find my awesome Miltank!”

K pulled a few papers out of the black briefcase that sat next to her. “We’ve received a great number of complaints about your current role as Gym Leader of Goldenrod City,” she explained, holding up one of the papers. “This particular letter was from a thirteen-year-old female trainer who seems to be dissatisfied with your Miltank.

“‘I thought I could beat Whitney easily,’ it says. ‘After all, I started by sending out my Machop. But Whitney started with her Miltank, and it mauled by whole entire team in less than five minutes. It started by immobilizing my Machop with Attract. After that, its overpowered Rollout attack fainted my Machop, my Sentret, and even my Bayleef like they were nothing. And we trained so hard for this battle! If thirteen-year-old girls like me can get beaten by Whitney so easily, what will befall the much stupider ten-year-old boys?’”

Whitney sighed, closed her eyes, and leaned back into her chair. For a long time, she was silent, and I thought we should let Whitney know that we were watching her. However, before I tell Lightning and Hilda what to do, Whitney spoke.

“Maybe you’re right,” she sighed. “Maybe my Miltank is overpowered. But does that really matter? Even trainers who lose to me get a badge, for trying really hard and fighting well.”

“I’m afraid those badges are pity badges,” K said sharply. “As you know, the Johto league has a rule: no pity badges are to be given to trainers. Other gym leaders like Falkner and Clair adhere to this rule pretty well, but you don’t. I think you should give challengers more of a chance to win, by not using that Miltank of yours.”

Whitney slammed her teacup onto the table so hard that the tea splashed onto her white clothes. “Katie, are you serious?” she yelled angrily, ignoring the tea stains. “How can I not use my Miltank! My other Pokemon aren’t strong enough!”

“Which means you should train your other Pokemon to be worthy battle opponents,” K said calmly. “You only train your Miltank, so it’s grown much too powerful for a gym leader’s Pokemon. Do you ever give your Miltank any free time? Your Miltank should have a life of its own – which should consist of many things, not just battling. I wouldn’t be surprised if your Miltank’s run away from you, considering how less freedom you give it.”

Whitney gasped. “Oh, no!” she exclaimed. “That must be what happened to my Miltank! I’ve got to go find her!”

“Whitney, calm down,” K said sharply. “I know where your Miltank is – “

“Then why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Because you don’t really need your Miltank.”

“What? But she’s my star Pokemon!”

K sighed. “Whitney, I found your ‘star Pokemon’ in a forest. She was sleeping soundly in a sheltered clearing, so I decided not to disturb her.” K finished her tea in a few quick sips. “Whitney, here’s the deal: I’ll show you where your Miltank is if you agree to give her Pokeball to me. I’ll send her to a Pokemon Resort for six months, where she can relax and unwind without having to worry about battling.”

That was too much for Hilda, who had been growling and bristling the whole time. “No way!” she yelled as she jumped through the open window and into the room. “Whitney, K is not sending me to a Pokemon Resort. She wants to capture me for her own selfish purposes!”

Whitney stood up. “Miltank!” she gasped in surprise. She ran over to Hilda, giving her a hug. Whitney glared at K, as if the truth of the matter suddenly came to her. “Guess what, Katie? Turns out you’ve been wrong. My Miltank still loves me! You saw her sleeping in the dangerous wild and you didn’t return her to me – just because she was ‘too powerful’? What kind of a Pokemon League Inspector are you?”

K stared at Hilda, a look of pure anger and shock crossing her face. She hissed, her blue eyes burning with sheer rage. “What?” she growled. “How did she get out?” K whirled around, as if to confront whoever freed the Jolly Miltank she wanted so badly for herself. “Who freed her? I demand that you show yourself!”

In a flurry of wings and feathers, Lightning and I sprang into the room. The bright, artificial lights on the ceiling beat down on me, and I winced as the blinding rays shone into my eyes. Lightning, however, seemed undaunted by the sudden change in brightness. He glared resolutely at K, puffing out his chest and standing tall. “We freed Hilda,” he hissed, “and we’re not going to let you capture her!”

“Well what do you know!” K exclaimed. “My Adamant Pidgeot and its stupid friend with the tracking device.” She whisked on her dark sunglasses, transforming instantly from Pokemon League Inspector Katie to Nature Hunter K. “I guess today’s my lucky day – I’m going to get two good-natured Pokemon.”

“What?” Whitney screamed. “So you’re not a Pokemon League Inspector after all? You just want to capture my Miltank?:

“Precisely,” K growled, pulling several metal balls out of her briefcase. Grunting, she began to throw them at Hilda and I.

“Get away!” I screamed. Lightning and I darted away from the open window in opposite directions, and Hilda launched into a speedy Rollout. The room instantly became a scene of chaos: K’s metal balls knocked over small pieces of furniture, shattered glass, and dented the ceiling fan as Lightning, Hilda, and I skillfully dodged the capturing devices while Whitney ran to the telephone. Suddenly, I heard a scream. I whirled around, breathing heavily. Then I gasped in horror at the sight I saw: Whitney, her face paler than her clothes, sat trembling in one of K’s horrible metal cages.

Hilda skidded to a stop next to me. “But why would she target Whitney?” she whispered. I tried to explain, but before I could reply, K pulled two Pokeballs and two Ultra Balls out of her briefcase.

“Skarmory, Golbat, Gyarados, and Charizard!” she screamed. “Attack those Pokemon!”

She threw the Pokeballs towards us. One by one, the fierce-looking Flying-types appeared in flashes of bright white light. I watched in horror as the Charizard charged at Lightning while the Gyarados lunged at Hilda. But before I could help them, the Skarmory and the Golbat launched into the air and charged right towards me.

What? I thought angrily. Two against one? That’s not fair! I knew, however, that I had to fight back. Grunting, I began to flap my wings with all my might, in an attempt to blow away both of the attacking Pokemon with Gust.

“Skarmory and Golbat, Brave Bird!” K screamed. “Gyarados, Waterfall! Charizard, Flamethrower!”

With a screech, the Skarmory launched into a powerful Brave Bird attack, and the Golbat followed. I hissed and flapped my wings even harder, but my Gust didn’t seem to affect my opponents at all. Hissing and screeching, they sliced cleanly through the tearing wind. I could almost feel the seething fury in the Skarmory and Golbat’s eyes – they seemed ready to fight to the very end.

The impact was devastating.

The two Brave Bird attacks slammed into my chest like a giant wave, only sharper and more painful. I screamed as I fell to the ground, my chest aching with pain. This was horrible – in my whole entire life, I had never experienced an attack this powerful. Trembling, I got up, only to see the Skarmory charging at me, its wings glowing with white light. I squeezed my eyes shut, shielding myself with my wings. My heartbeat faltered as I waited for the impact, my capturing, and the end of my journey.

Suddenly, I heard a metallic clang. Slowly opening my eyes, I gasped at the sight I saw. My wings weren’t soft and tawny-colored anymore: they were glowing with a white light and seemed to be made of solid steel. The Skarmory was trying to pierce my shield with its metallic wings, and it hissed angrily as my own silver wings held steady. I had just used a move that I’d never used before: Steel Wing!

A newfound strength flowed through me. Hissing, I launched again into the air, pushing the Skarmory away. The Golbat, emerging from behind the Skarmory, growled as a brown, sticky Sludge Bomb shot out of its gaping mouth. I skillfully dodged it and sent it back with a mighty push of one of my steel wings. It splattered onto the Golbat’s face, and it howled angrily as it tried to brush the sticky sludge out of its eyes.

“Clefairy, use Metronome!” Whitney called.

The battle suddenly stopped in mid-action as all eyes fell onto the little pink Pokemon, whom I knew had to be Moonshine. Her arms glowed with a blue light as she waved them, chanting a rhyme: “Eenie, meenie, miney, moe, catch a Growlithe by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Metronome says to pick the very best move and I choose you: R-O-A-R Roar!”

Moonshine closed her eyes as the blue light on her arms faded away. Then she opened her mouth and let out a deafening Roar attack. Everyone in the room covered their ears as the invisible sound waves crashed onto K’s Skarmory, Golbat, Gyarados, and Charizard. Screaming and hissing, the four Flying-types glowed with a read light before disappearing and retreating into their Pokeballs.

For a while, K stood there, her blue eyes blazing with rage. Then she hissed angrily, as if she knew that she had lost the battle. She turned and fled, and we watched her disappear down the city streets.

Lightning landed lightly next to me, his feathers charred and burnt from the battle against K’s Charizard. “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly. “That wound on your chest looks pretty bad.”

“I don’t think I have much energy left,” I breathed, trembling and aching from my ordeal. “I’m afraid I might faint at any moment now.”

“Should I let Whitney know that you need help?”

“Not right now. I need to tell you something, before I run out of energy?”

“What is it?”

I closed my eyes and sighed. “Nature Hunter K is Falkner’s sister,” I gasped with the last of my energy. Then I groaned and fell silently to the ground.

To be continued…

Last edited:

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I liked that Whitney was accused of only training her overpowered Miltank... anyone who has played Gold/Silver version knows that this actually appears to be true lol

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Great story, but I found a grammatical error:

I didn’t know that it had endurance as will as speed and power.

Shouldn't it be well?

lawmaster

What is that?
I feel that the story keeps on getting better and better

AmericanPi

Write on
CHAPTER 12

~~~~Alternative Point of View:~~~~
~~~Lightning~~~​

“Nature Hunter K is Falkner’s sister,” Thunder gasped as she closed her eyes and slumped silently to the ground.

“Thunder, no,” I whispered in horror. I nudged her lightly. She was breathing, but her breaths were weak and irregular. A nasty-looking wound scarred her chest, where the double Brave Bird attack had impacted her. Smaller scratches covered the rest of her body and her feathers were dirty and matted. It wouldn’t be fair to say that Thunder was the only one who was injured – after all, Hilda and I bore wounds from our fights against K’s Gyarados and Charizard – but those wounds, compared to Thunder’s, were harmless scratches that could easily be cured by a few sprays of a Super Potion.

I closed my eyes and sighed as Whitney’s Clefairy walked over to Thunder and placed her hand on Thunder’s head.

“Your friend’s condition looks very critical,” Moonshine said softly. “She needs proper medical treatment right away.”

I whirled around. “Where’s Whitney?” I asked urgently. “She needs to get Thunder to the Pokemon Center right away.”

Moonshine’s gaze traveled to an open door at the back of the destroyed room. “She’s talking to the police,” she said quickly, “and should be finished pretty soon.”

“Good,” I sighed. Suddenly, I heard footsteps as Whitney walked into the room and gasped.

“Oh, dear!” she exclaimed as she crouched next to Thunder’s limp body, grimacing as her eyes fell upon the ugly wound on Thunder’s chest. “We need to get you to the Pokemon Center right away.” Whitney scanned the room until she spotted Hilda. “Miltank, can you help Clefairy carry this Pidgeot to the Pokemon Center?”

_^^_^^__^^___^^__^^_^^_​

Blink. Blink. Blink.

I sighed as I stared aimlessly at the blinking red light above the Pokemon Center’s exam room’s sliding gray doors. A large white sign with red lettering hung on the doors – “Authorized Personnel Only,” I read. I growled and stamped my foot. Why can’t I see Thunder? I thought angrily. I want to know how she’s doing!

“You really care about that friend of ours, don’t you?” a voice sounded from behind me.

I turned to face Ivy, Whitney’s Nidorina. After Whitney healed Hilda and I with two Super Potions and explained the situation to her other Pokemon, Whitney and all her Pokemon had agreed to wait for Thunder with me – after all, Whitney had an announcement to make to all of us. Now, Hilda and Moonshine sat on a bench on the other side of the spacious Pokemon Center, talking to each other quietly. Whitney stood in front of a videophone, reporting my location to Falkner.

I sighed, too worried about Thunder to talk to my trainer. “You see, Ivy, Thunder’s my friend now, but I want her to be more than just a friend,” I said softly, staring at my feet. “It’s kind of weird… she’s not that pretty. But she’s super smart, creative, and is a very spirited battler.” I looked at my feet, blushing. “All right, Ivy, I admit it – I do care a lot about Thunder… but I’m not sure how to tell her how I feel about her.”

Ivy smiled broadly. “Aha!” she exclaimed happily. “I knew that you loved her!”

“Please, Ivy…” I groaned, embarrassed.

Ivy giggled lightly. “You were very brave to tell me your true feelings,” she declared. “Now, if you want to tell Thunder that you love her…”

“Quiet down! Moonshine and Hilda will hear you!” I snapped.

“All right,” Ivy said quietly. She looked up at me. “For your information, Lightning, the male Pokemon is usually the one who tells a female that he wants to be mates with her – not the other way around. For that reason, it’s up to you to – “ She stood up on her hind legs and fluttered her eyelids at some imaginary Pokemon. “Look at her in the eyes and say clearly, ‘I love you. Can we be mates?’”

I sighed and closed my eyes. “First of all,” I growled, “that’s too direct. Thunder may hate me if I said that to her. Second of all, I tried talking to her once, but she quickly changed the subject. Third of all, males like me don’t say. They do.”

Ivy face palmed and got back down to stand on all fours. “Lightning, don’t you know how much females hate it when males try to impress them by doing stupid things?” she groaned. “You may think of something as impressive, but Thunder may think of it as stupid.”

“True,” I grumbled, recalling the time when I had tried to catch a Caterpie, failed very badly, and made Thunder laugh at me. “Ivy, how do you know all this stuff anyways? How old are you? Do you even have a mate?”

Ivy giggled slightly. “I am older than you think,” she said simply, “and I do have a mate. His name is Oak, he lives on Milton’s Miltank Farm, and he’s the best-looking Nidorino I’ve ever seen.” She sighed, and an expression of sheer loneliness filled her eyes. “I used to visit him a lot, back before Whitney started giving all her attention to Hilda,” she groaned. “Now I don’t get to see him or my sons very much.”

“I’m… s-sorry,” I stammered, unsure of what to say. “But I’m sure that Whitney now understands the importance of taking care of all her Pokemon. After all, her indifference almost forced her to give up Hilda.”

“Yeah,” Ivy said slowly. “I hope I get to see Oak soon.” She nodded. “I have one more tidbit for you, Lightning. Do you know how Oak proposed to me?”

“How?” I asked, out of plain curiosity.

Ivy smiled warmly, as if to recall that magical day. “He said, ‘We belong together.’”

I stamped my food in exasperation. “Seriously?” I asked, annoyed. “That’s all?”

“That’s all you need to know,” Ivy said wisely. “You know, I think you should propose to Thunder the way Oak proposed to me. Remember, names.” With that, the Nidorina turned and trotted to Moonshine and Hilda.

Names, I thought, trying to figure out Ivy’s mysterious message. Names. Suddenly, I gasped. Oak and Ivy were the names of poisonous plants that were often found growing together in wild places – and the names of two Poison-type Pokemon who belonged together.

My mind raced. In nature, thunder and lightning are always together, I thought excitedly. I took a deep breath. I know what to do now. I just need to find a thunderstorm and a safe place to admire it…

~~~~Alternative Point of View:~~~~
~~~End~~~​

With a great effort, I forced my eyes to open.

I was standing on a dilapidated wooden tower’s ground floor. I could tell that it had been neglected for a long time – piles of dust and soot covered the floor, and giant holes gaped in the wooden walls. Silky Spinarak webs hung from the ceiling, and I heard the tiny pitter-patter of paws as a Rattata scampered by in the darkness. Most of the wooden planks that made up the rickety structure were broken and charred, as if some great fire had swept through the tower many years ago. The floorboards creaked as a chilly, ominous wind swept through the burnt tower and vanished into the lonely, starless night.

Where am I? I thought, trembling more from fear than from the bitter cold.

Suddenly, a piercing, high-pitched screech resonated from somewhere above me. Gasping, I looked up, only to see a ferocious Noctowl with blazing red eyes. It swooped towards me, and I screamed. I had seen Noctowl before, but this one was gigantic - this bird Pokemon was as big and tall as a Gyarados! Also, unlike, other Noctowl, its golden feathers glimmered with a dazzling sparkle. What was this giant golden Noctowl doing in this dilapidated tower?

Panting, I quickly leapt into the air, charging at the giant Noctowl with my most powerful attack: Double-Edge. The Noctowl, however, quickly danced out of the way. For some strange reason, it moved nimbly and freely despite its monstrous size and the confines of the tower room. Skidding to a halt, I turned around and charged at the Noctowl again. Suddenly, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t move at all. The Noctowl’s eyes glowed with an eerie blue light, and so did my body – I was suspended in the air, completely unable to move.

No, not Psychic, I thought desperately. Arceus, help me!

Then, propelled by the giant Noctowl’s psychic powers, I fell to the ground – hard. I groaned in pain, trying to heave myself up. However, I found myself immobilized in the evil blue light – again. With a mental shove, the golden Noctowl flung me from the ground to one of the tower’s wooden walls. I tried to stay focused, but before I could launch an attack, another burst of psychic energy tossed me to the roof. Feebly, with all my muscles screaming with pain, I shielded myself with my newly learned move – Steel Wing. Unfortunately, the giant Noctowl’s Psychic attack penetrated the shield easily, and I groaned as I rocketed to the hard, unforgiving floor.

This went on until I was on the verge of fainting. I lay on the floor of the burnt tower, breathing heavily. The Noctowl landed in front of me, with a satisfied, smug look glued onto its face. Suddenly, without any warning, the Noctowl disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke. Standing in its place was a familiar ten-year-old boy: my former trainer, Ash Ketchum!

“Ash!” I exclaimed with joy. Then my face fell. This trainer wasn’t the Ash I knew: he bared his sharp fangs, while an evil, malevolent look gleamed in his red eyes.

“My dear Pidgeot,” he sneered, “face it, weakling. Noctowl is much stronger and much better than you. He has Psychic powers, and you don’t. He is a shiny Pokemon, and you aren’t.” Ash kicked me in the chest, and I groaned in pain. “Noctowl is my bird Pokemon, Pidgeot. Not you.” He cackled evilly and disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke.

“Ash! Wait!” I cried. But only my lonely echo answered me.

I panted, trembling. My heart wrenched with hopelessness. Was Noctowl why Ash broke his promise to me? How is that possible? I thought angrily. I’m the second Pokemon Ash ever caught! So Noctowl’s more special, just because he’s shiny and has Psychic powers?

Noctowl’s red eyes – and only his red eyes – gleamed menacingly in front of me. “Yes,” a voice hissed from somewhere in the dark void. “I am better than you, Pidgeot. I am better than you.” With that, the evil red eyes disappeared.

I sighed, feebly sitting up and licking a wound on my chest. Then I stared angrily at the place where the red eyes had appeared and disappeared, hissing and growling at the empty air.

“I hate you, Noctowl!” I screeched.

_^^_^^__^^___^^__^^_^^_​

My eyes flew open.

Pure, blinding whiteness engulfed me as I blinked my eyes a few times, adjusting them to the sheer brightness. Slowly, I recognized a few distinct shapes: a plump pink Chansey with a hospital hat, the tall, thin figure of Nurse Joy, and the soft, white blankets that enveloped me in its cuddling warmth.

I was lying on a bed in a Pokemon Center.

Thank Arceus! I thought, relieved. That was just a dream!

“Are you all right, Pidgeot?” Nurse Joy asked worriedly. “I just heard you scream.”

“I’m fine,” I said shakily, the image of the red-eyed Noctowl fresh in my mind. Grunting, I stood up on the wheeled bed, the blankets sliding off my completely unscarred body. “Am I well enough to leave now?”

Nurse Joy smiled. I knew that she understood the essence of my words, if not the direct meaning of them. “Don’t worry dear; everyone gets nightmares sometimes,” she said cheerfully. “Are you ready to see your friends again?”

I nodded eagerly. The Chansey nodded back, removed my blankets, skillfully folded them, and slipped them into a small compartment under my bed. Next, Nurse Joy and Chansey walked over to the handle of my bed and wheeled it through the rooms and hallways of the Pokemon Center.

As the bed traveled through the strikingly white building, I thought about my nightmare, too disturbed by it to feel any nostalgia about my days as a frequent visitor of Pokemon Centers. Was this nightmare just a nightmare – or was it a message of some sort? Was Darkrai, the master of nightmares, trying to tell me why Ash broke his promise? What if what Ash said was true? Did Noctowl really outclass me by so much that Ash broke his promise to me?

Before I knew it, however, Nurse Joy wheeled me through a tall pair of sliding doors. I smiled with pleasure when Whitney, Hilda, Moonshine, Ivy, and Lightning came forward to greet me. They had gone through all the trouble of waiting for me!

“Thanks for waiting, Whitney,” Nurse Joy said respectfully, dipping her head. “Your Pokemon has been completely restored to full health.”

“Thank you very much, Nurse Joy!” Whitney exclaimed as I jumped off the bed and landed lightly onto the Pokemon Center floor. Nurse Joy nodded simply and, with the Chansey at her heels, wheeled the bed back into the exam rooms.

“You’re healed!” Lightning exclaimed happily. “How was your first time in a Pokemon Center after Ash left?”

I shrugged. “I slept through most of it,” I said uncomfortably, not wanting to break up the joyful reunion. “But why did Whitney and her Pokemon wait for me?”

Whitney clasped her hands together. “Well, now that Pidgeot’s health has been completely restored, I can make my announcement,” she said cheerfully. “Follow me, everyone!” She dashed to the other side of the Pokemon Center so fast that even Lightning had trouble keeping up with her.

Whitney sat on one of the Pokemon Center’s benches, and her Pokemon, Lightning, and I gathered around her. Whitney gently petted Hilda’s head. “Some of you may know this already, but a really creepy lady tried to capture Miltank,” she began. Moonshine and Ivy gasped, apparently not knowing the whole story. “The lady, Katie, disguised herself as an official Pokemon League Inspector and told me that I don’t give enough fun time to my Miltank,” Whitney continued. “Katie said that I’m not giving my other Pokemon the attention they need, either. She almost convinced me to give her Miltank’s Pokeball – she said she was going to send Miltank to a Pokemon Resort – but then these two Pidgeot jumped into the room, along with Miltank.

“Then it became clear that Katie wasn’t a Pokemon League Inspector after all. She just wanted to capture Miltank for her own selfish purposes. Thankfully, these two Pidgeot had found Miltank in a cage in a forest and brought her to me. Katie even tried using her Pokemon to achieve her goal – but then Clefairy chased those troublemakers away with Metronome and Roar.”

Moonshine smiled at the praise. Then Whitney stood up. “You know what, guys? Some of what Katie said was actually true.”

“Huh?” Moonshine and Ivy asked, bewildered.

“Well,” Whitney said, a bit embarrassed, “I think I have been training Miltank so hard that she doesn’t have much time to have fun anymore. You know what, girls? From now on, I think I’ll give Clefairy and Nidorina more attention – while giving Miltank more free time.”

“Thank you so much, Whitney!” Whitney’s Pokemon exclaimed happily.

Whitney smiled. “It’s about time I became a better listener,” she said matter-of-factly. Then she leaned forward and petted Lightning’s head. “Falkner told me that you’re on a journey with your friend to find her former trainer,” she said. “Do you want to stay longer, or do you want to leave now?”

“I think we want to leave now,” Lightning said, dipping his head. He turned to me. “Come on, Thunder. It’s about time we’re on our way.”

I nodded, and we backed away from the group, getting ready to leave.

Whitney nodded back. “I understand if you want to leave,” she said sweetly. “For your information, trainers usually go to Ecruteak City from here. Just keep going north from here until you see a city with two ancient towers. You can’t miss it.”

“Thanks for the advice, Whitney,” I said respectfully. Then I turned to Lightning. “Let’s get to the country road quickly. We need to talk.” I launched into the air, getting ready to fly through the front doors of the Pokemon Center.

“We need to talk, right?” Lightning asked excitedly. He closed his eyes for a while, not moving. Then he launched into the air like a rocket. “Yyyyyeeeeessssss!” he exclaimed with joy. “Let’s GO!” he zipped towards the front doors.

“Lightning!” I yelled, flying after him. Lightning stopped in his tracks and looked at me with a puzzled look on his face.

I sighed in exasperation. “No, you’re wrong,” I groaned. “We’re not talking about love.”

The devastated expression on Lightning’s face after I spat out those words was so heart wrenching, it almost – almost - made me feel guilty… but not quite.

To be continued…

Last edited:

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
Glad to see an update. Please shy away from saying bird Pokemon instead of flying Pokemon, as bird type is a glitch type from generation one, and as such, should not be confused with flying types. Also, Lightning's enthusiasm at the end is a bit excessive, even for his character, I think.

AmericanPi

Write on
Glad to see an update. Please shy away from saying bird Pokemon instead of flying Pokemon, as bird type is a glitch type from generation one, and as such, should not be confused with flying types. Also, Lightning's enthusiasm at the end is a bit excessive, even for his character, I think.

- Falkner: "I would never allow such comments to the magnificent bird Pokemon!" ;) But sorry about confusing "bird" with "flying". You see, I only started to like Pokemon a year ago, so I don't know much about R/B/Y and their glitches...

- Lightning's enthusiasm seemed fine with me, but now I think he was a bit too excited? I'm not sure how to change it though...

Thanks for the review. I will try to edit this chapter soon - but I'm really busy this summer, with summer camp and China. Yeah, I'm going to China for THREE WEEKS in August. >:-( Sorry!

EDIT: YEAH! THIS POST MADE ME A ZEPHYR TRAINER!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!! (I wish I could stay like this instead of becoming a Bug-type trainer... :()
(Sorry. I just love bird - erm - FLYING Pokemon. ;))

Last edited:

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I wonder if the Pidgeots will conveniently miss Ash when he has to double back to Ecruteak coming from the two western gyms...

Unless Ash is farther along than we thought!

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
I wonder if the Pidgeots will conveniently miss Ash when he has to double back to Ecruteak coming from the two western gyms...

Unless Ash is farther along than we thought!

I've wondered about both of those things myself. But I think that they won't encounter Ash, since this probably isn't a plot-modifying fic.

AmericanPi

Write on
UPDATE:

I'm really sorry guys, but starting tomorrow (6/26/11), I will be on a five-week long (at least) hiatus from writing. The reason for this is that I'm VERY busy this summer.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be at a summer residential camp for two weeks. During this time, I'll barely have any time to write, and I won't have any access to the Internet.

After this, I'll be at home for three days - then I'm going to take a vacation to China for three weeks to (potentially) visit my grandparents. During that time, I'll have plenty of time to write (on the airplane), but I still won't have Internet access.

I think I'll be back in either late July or early August. Depending on how much work I did over camp and vacation, I may or may not be able to post a new chapter when I come back.

I'm really sorry guys; I really don't want to stop writing. I promise there'll be a new chapter ASAP. In the meantime, maybe you can read my older chapters or other fanfictions. Don't worry; I'll be back in five weeks. ;)

See ya!

;018;

Love it! cant wait to read more.