• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Broken Sun - The Mandate of Anarchy (PG-13)

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Jax the Lopunny
Center Lake City, Victakan

Stepping into Center Lake City, it was easy to tell something was going wrong. The city itself was strangely quiet, like a dying creature being deathly quiet as the carrion eaters circled overhead. The Abyss was at work, defiling the city the same way they were blighting the land. Quite a few normal Pokémon were still around, refusing to leave their homes. And the Abyss was okay with that. After all, they felt like we were all just going to join them in time anyway.

Meanwhile, we were dealing with at least two Fallen, Mel's and Diego's. Mel didn't want his Fallen killed, for idiotic reasons in my personal opinion, and Diego was convinced his Fallen, enigmatically named DX, shouldn't be killed either. I didn't care about either of their warnings, however. Mel could go stuff himself in a log for all I cared about his Fallen. Besides, those were only two Fallen. There could be more, or whatever.

"We're being watched," I informed the others as we nonchalantly passed through the vacant city streets. "You can't see them, but they're there."

"...Damn it, how did I get caught up in all this!?" Syrat protested. "Screw you, Jax! I'm not getting killed over some-"

"Shut up and keep your voice down," I scolded him, knowing I didn't want to attract attention. "Quit being such a victim and try not to panic. They like that kind of thing."

He took a deep breath and tried to relax, but he was still anxious. I figured he wouldn't be very useful in this situation. I had to watch my own hide around here.

It was then that I had been contacted by another Seer. Zix. One who I hadn't met before, but that didn't matter much.

This is Zix Dragontamer, a fellow Seer. Recently, I had visited the city of Minacen which now belongs to the Abyss. Everyone, however, was evacuated in time before any bloodshed came to be as the city was unprepared to fend them off due to a traitor within the Peacekeepers. However, on top with the evacuation, the traitor was dealt with and information regarding the whereabouts of the Parchments of Fate have been revealed. It turns out that they were held in Minacen's museum long before the crisis started but nobody knew that was what they were. Now the armies of the Abyss hold them in their possession, and the only way to reclaim them is through besieging Minacen in the future. Right now, the citizens and myself are fleeing to Scarwell to regroup, recruit and train. Once the blood is collected, head there to discuss on how to reconquer Minacen. See you soon.

Another city annihilated. Well, I figured this shouldn't come as a surprise. At least this Zix was going after the Parchment, something that at least wouldn't be moving around or need to be killed like the Brothers. In the meantime, the Pokémon had already been realizing the Abyss couldn't lose under the current situation. Talandra was a lost cause if nothing about the situation changed.

"Good luck to him..." I muttered under my breath, keeping it to myself. "That's all we've been riding on for a while now."

We drew closer to Undax. I was detecting dark anomalies everywhere. Center Lake was being haunted, probably the preliminary step to being devoured by the Abyss. And the thing was, we couldn't save it either. All we could really do was killed Undax and get out before we ran into any of the Fallen, or whatever else the Abyss had lined up as tonight's entertainment.

"Your Fallen is persistent, Mel," I told Mel, feeling the dark and unusual presence of his Fallen. "He hasn't left Undax's side for a very long time."

And there was no way I was holding up here in this cesspool to wait for them to separate. From what I could sense, Undax and Mel's Fallen were close, even conversing. The conversation, however, was meaningless. Worries about threats, and then turning back to read... children's fables, of all things. As I already knew, Mel couldn't fight his own Fallen. Diego's Fallen, DX, was likely nearby, just waiting to stalk Undax and prepare the setup. DX, as I already knew, was using us. He would strike when the time was right, but it was not that moment yet. He would be a "help" all the way up until we were no longer useful. Right when he knew he could spin the tables in his favor and it would be of no loss to him. An opportunist parasite.

The ideal situation would be for Diego's Fallen and Mel's Fallen to just kill each other. I had to find a way to make DX want to kill Mel's Fallen. Either accident, or create grounds for a motive. When we arrived at the building they were located, I could sense the darkness. Undax, however, was a bit more clever. There were several Cohorts around, and I knew they might be trouble. This was definitely not going to be as simple as Xac's assassination was.

"We're going to need to lead this time..." I told Syrat, knowing Mel and Diego couldn't face their own Fallen.

I then turned to Mel. I figured I would make something very clear.

"Say what you want, Mel, but if your Fallen even so much gets within ten feet of me, I will end him," I told Mel, knowing that there wasn't a single thing Mel was capable of that I couldn't evade. "Taking down Undax as an assassination isn't possible after discerning the situation. He's surrounded by a few Cohorts, several Scourge, and most of all, your Fallen."

Meanwhile, DX was dashing about the city. He was faster than the others, but still with a vile cunning. It begged the question, how much could DX fight Undax and Mel's Fallen? Would there even be a fight, or was DX just there to use them too? And was DX going for an assassination approach, or did he have something else in mind? From what I could tell, DX had the chance to strike Undax here and now, but he was not making the approach yet.

He wanted to keep his intentions secret. We may have known about his betrayal of the Abyss, but they didn't. They still thought DX was on their side. That was why he was stalling. He was doing it for us. He wanted to buy time and an opportunity. He needed the instructions. The keys to bending the Abyss to his will and trying to get them to see it differently.

"I want to at least cripple Undax," I told the others, trying to formulate a plan. "Paralyze him. That means you, Syrat. Thunder Wave is a must in this situation."

And then there was me. Mel's Fallen was going to need a special type of poison. They called it Umbresol, a soul-wounding or straining poison. Sure, Mel didn't want us killing his Fallen, but he said nothing about crippling it. I pulled out one of my throwing knives, and administered the Umbresol, coating the blade with sickly, black poison.

Your laughs are just scribbles, Undax. A child's enigma. Double-twisted, hung, and prepared for severance. You don't need them. You don't need them. You've got the soul of a liar, Undax. You tell lies because the truth is boring to you.

The voice sounded familiar and foreign at the same time, like the voice of a friend or family member. But it was hollow, a telepathic voice that was not like the others, but still remained. It was a strange, relinquished voice. Twisted... and senseless.

"We need those Cohorts removed," I told the other two, pointing out to three known Cohorts of chaos. "Give me your weapon, and I'll smother Umbresol on them. I don't have much, as this formula is extremely difficult to fine, let along prepare the ingredients for...

I was not just another extra piece in the game. I was a taskmaster. Someone who caught the puppet master's strings midway down and governed a bit of the changing outcomes.

I did not fear the Fallen. Especially not those of other people...

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Sorry haven't been on as much here. Been busy with school stuff. Should be done with a chunk of the work this week.

Diego The Pikachu
Victakan Plains, Victakan

Diego had been in silence as they walked toward the Lake City. His mind was wandering. Lately, he had been dreams. Strange dreams. It revolved around chess. It was a giant chessboard, black and white, though some of the squares had all sorts of different colors. He also stairways and elevators leading up and down to different floors. He also swore he saw holes in the 'sky' leading to entirely different systems of boards. As he wondered around in his dreams. He saw the area change. It would become kinda like the real world. There were trees, lakes, volcanoes, mountains, deserts, plateaus and all sorts of biomes and places.

He would then find himself facing against other pieces. He couldn't see their faces though. He saw as they clashed against one another. They were not just Pokemon but other beings. He felt pain when he saw them suffer. He saw stories being written out by the amoral chessmasters. Did they care? Were they aware? Or were they just that cruel? To create stagnant characters solely for entertainment.

He then saw himself looking down at the pieces, facing the silhouettes, asking what was his move. He looked at his pieces. No...

He would do this his own way...

He leaped onto the board and dragged as many of the chessmasters into the board. He would show them how it would feel like. The boards began breaking and all began falling into the darkness... until it became the light...

Diego had awoken from his day dream. "Anyone else feel a disturbance?" Diego asked as he saw a flash of black light in Center Lake City.

Oh boy... he though as he saw some Pokemon, scared, but relieved appear from the ground in front of the group. They emerged from the ground, spared from the madness and the energy blast. DX was crazy, but not stupid.

And oh boy was right...

DX had arrived right around in the middle of the invasion. In a rare moment of pity, he decided to help the survivors escaped. He didn't know why pity... Maybe it was to annoy the Abyss... who knows? Mimicking an Earthquake and using Dig... he created a tunnel leading away where the survivals fled. He then covered the tunnel. It led pretty far away.

He then began the massacre. Bolts of lighting had zig-zagged and pierced before destroying the Abyss there. Then he Protected himself from the column of dark energy that appeared.

Amazing. He must have this power... He felt the presence and unleashed a bolt of black lightning to where Undax and the Mal's Fallen was. He then went to them.

"HeLlO... uNdAx. I aM hErE tO rEpOrT... aN aCcIdEnT..." DX said as he began getting his power out. He would slaughter these fools He already Mimiced a Foresight and could not bash these two.

Necros

Magus of Fantasy
OOC: Deepest apologies if I went too far with controlling the situation in this post. I just had to get all of it out.

Melanthios Malachi the Sableye

Melanthios understood Jax’s determination and admired him for it. Were he a piece in Jax’s position, he would almost certainly look to the other’s clear-sighted, no nonsense view in taking down any threat to the success of their mission as a source of inspiration. Of course, such determination could be the product of his Master or whoever was playing against his Master…he still hadn’t figured that out yet. Regardless, though, things were looking bad for him. His secondary objectives were being cornered one by one and placed in an impossible situation. It didn’t really matter which Magus was controlling which piece. They could be tossing them back and forth for all he knew. All that mattered was that every single bit of this was their intention, their design, and they had quite skillfully trapped him in what promised to be a critical situation no matter what the outcome. Ledumos was probably laughing at him now, snacking down on some disgusting treat. His opponent too. Both of them sneering at him, daring him to succeed.

For one of the first times, Melanthios truly scowled. These two Magi were cruel and disgusting creatures. He might sneer at the fate of others and play around with it as much as they did, but he never did it just for its own sake. He had a reason. He had to escape from his own fate; he had to ascend. His very existence depended on it. Something so much more valuable than simple life or death. What was that to him, anyway? Life and death…just two different sides of a coin he could flip endlessly. He had to ascend. He had to escape this, once and for all. He had to…he had to…

His ears flicked a little and he perked up as the message about Minacen and the Parchment of Fate was revealed. He filed it away in the back of his head for future reference. He couldn’t let anyone distract him, not at this delicate time, not when he was so close. Would he kill Jax and the others? Just to protect his heart? No, he needed them. And…he liked them. He wouldn’t spill any more innocent blood if he could help it. It wasn’t their fault they got caught up in this. They deserved to be more than just pieces once this was all over. Fighting for the existence of their world…it was the same as what he was doing, almost. While they fought to continue to exist, he fought for the right to exist in the first place. They wanted to live, not simply just be alive.

“Your Fallen is persistent, Mel. He hasn’t left Undax’s side for a very long time.”

Melanthios blinked a bit, trying to compose himself. His hands had been shaking…his eyes stung slightly. Leering so as not to betray this to anyone else, he also focused on where Jax had been. His Fallen’s thoughts were much easier for him to sense than the others, so it would help the overall mission if nothing else if he told them what was going on-

Children’s stories…a longing…a hope…

The Sableye’s eyes widened in shock. He…he couldn’t believe…that anyone would…He felt his knees grow weak. He was stumbling forward. He had to think, but he couldn’t, he couldn’t, not at that realization, not when he finally understood why…why his Fallen had been moved there. It was…no one could be this heartless…how could they honestly do something…like this…?

“You…bastard…” he murmured dazedly, not focused on Jax or Diego or Syrat or Undax or his Fallen. He wasn’t staring at anything in particular. His teeth were clenched tightly together, and even Syrat without any Seer abilities could probably sense something deep and horribly, horribly dark stirring from the depths of Melanthios’ soul. Something…so incomprehensibly painful…so mind numbing…

***​

“Quite the compliment, for one such as I,” smirked Necros as he gazed coldly down at the game board.

Ledumos wasn’t smiling. He was staring just as intently at the game board as Necros. His expression wasn’t troubled. If Melanthios failed here, it was of no concern to him. He’d just have to find someone else to entertain him. Maybe take back Jax’s piece from Necros once he was done with it and continue the game with him. Or maybe DX’s piece. But even so…it would be a shame to lose the Sableye…he was the most fun he’d had in thousands of years…

***​

“Say what you want, Mel, but if your Fallen even so much gets within ten feet of me, I will end him.”

Melanthios barely even heard him. He could barely even stand. But something in those words snapped him back to his senses just a little. His eyes blazed and he glared at Jax coldly.

“Do whatever you have to do. It may be better if you do…before he…before he’s…”

The Sableye shuddered more and stood up straighter, regaining some of his spirit. He had to focus. He had to be just as ruthless and heartless as his opponent if he was going to have any hope of winning this game now. That much was certain. He didn’t try and sense his Fallen or Undax again. He had to harden his heart, and if he felt what was going on between them again, he probably would never be able to recover. A horrible, clever, heartless move from a horrible, clever and heartless opponent.

“We need those Cohorts removed. Give me your weapon, and I’ll smother Umbresol on them. I don’t have much, as the formula is extremely difficult to fine, let alone prepare the ingredients for…”

“Then don’t bother with mine,” Melanthios snapped. “The risk of it poisoning me is too high.”

He suddenly grinned and stuck his shard in his mouth, wearing a vulgar and cheerful expression that the others had come to expect more from him.

“I use it as a calming agent, seeeee~?”

Melanthios could take down a Cohort with his own means. It would be difficult, but nowhere near the scale of having to face what lay in store for him with Undax, his Fallen, and DX. He would show both his Master and whatever twisted opponent was with him that he wouldn’t bow down so easily to this kind of heartless torment anymore. He would become the Magus of Misfortune.

And maybe…just maybe someday…they would play against each other…and he would teach them both what it meant not to ignore the heart…

***​

Necros cackled darkly, licking his lips, the odd smile stretched across his muzzle distorting his expression into a gleeful, predatory hunger. He looked just like a snake that was about to snap up a frog.

He lifted up the piece that represented DX.

“I believe that makes this round checkmate…right, Ledu~?”

Ledumos just grinned across the board, his red eyes gleaming with adoration.

“As you say, Nec~. Mmm…you really know how to show your love, don’t you?”

And they both cackled as he slammed it down over Undax’s piece.

***​

“HeLlO… uNdAx. I aM hErE tO rEpOrT… aN aCcIdEnT…”

“…yEs? WhAt iS iT?” the Gengar asked.

There was some degree of suspicion in his voice. He hadn’t summoned DX here like he had with Melanthios’ Fallen, and despite DX’s best efforts to remain on the sidelines, something of his unreliable reputation had spread amongst certain parts of the Abyss. Nevertheless, he was a Fallen and deserved the benefit of the doubt.

Stupid, stupid Undax.

Before he even knew what had hit him, the diseased ghost had been speared through the chest. All it felt like was a slight discomfort at first. His body jerked a little. Then he felt something he’d been slowly forgetting. Pain. Hot, searing, burning pain, shooting through his body and then becoming deathly cold, but still no less painful. He was aware dimly of his knees giving away. He turned slightly to the side. Where was…the Fallen Sableye…?

Oh. There he was. Standing there. Watching. Why did he have such dark wet stains…splattered over his body…? Why were his eyes so…wide…and watery…?

In the instant it took Undax to finally understand, and to try and gurgle out something…a warning to the other Fallen…his mortal shell failed him and he collapsed, expiring. Melanthios’ Fallen saw it. He saw the one being in the entire world that had cared for him…the one Pokémon, as twisted as he was, that tried to help him…the one Pokémon whom he could almost call a father…that had given him back…his childhood…

How could he…

How could he…

“HoW cOUlD yOu kiLL pApA?!” he screeched.

The very air seemed to vibrate and crackle, as the ground shook and the sky darkened, and the Fallen’s form shook and trembled. The barrier between worlds cracked, the sound echoing like lightning throughout the area, and suddenly Melanthios’ Fallen was blazing with an insane, rage filled power.

“HOW COULD YOU KILL PAPAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!”

Though Undax may have been using him as much as caring for him, he was the only one who had ever done anything good for the Fallen’s sake. His anger at having that stolen from him was near madness.

“HoW cOuLd yOu…PaPa, pApA, PAPA! NYyYYGGAaaaaHHHH!”

He let loose a barrage of dark and powerful attacks at where he’d last seen DX, the sheer magnitude of them seeming to defy reality itself. They were not the normal attacks of a Sableye. The were not the normal attacks of any Pokémon. They were the raw destructive power of the blackest, darkest sins that Melanthios had committed, endlessly bursting out one after the other. Of course, he was being far too emotional, and was unlikely to hit anything that had the slightest common sense to dodge out of the way...but even so…this was not going to be an easy opponent to bring down at all…

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
OOC: It's perfect, awesome post, Nec.

Jax the Lopunny

Mel wasn't his usual, cynical self. Something about his Fallen bothered him, weakening him and making him meek in ways I didn't think he was capable of falling into. It was pitiful. Like he was a completely different Pokémon. Even Syrat seemed to have more bravado than he did at the moment, and that said a lot.

"Do whatever you have to do," Mel told me, giving me a cold stare that seemed to gaze into my soul. "It may be better if you do... before he... before he's..."

He shuddered, suddenly looking timid. Regardless, we didn't have much time. I was going to need to have Mel and Diego take care of the Scourge and the Cohorts while we addressed the situation with Undax. Hopefully, with any luck, DX wouldn't try to kill us here. He would be a valuable ally, at least for now. Undax wouldn't suspect a traitor in their midst, and Mel's Fallen was still formidable, even if deranged and childlike.

I gazed beyond the walls, trying to fully assess the situation before I moved in for the strike. As I had suspected, Mel's Fallen was there, besides the deranged Gengar. They were retiring for a while from painting the town to be fresh for infestation...

"HeLlO… uNdAx. I aM hErE tO rEpOrT… aN aCcIdEnT…”

“…yEs? WhAt iS iT?"

And then, Undax had been impaled. Betrayed by one of his own, the shadow-borne enigma of a Pikachu, the Fallen known as DX, a name as ambiguous as the creature itself. Undax was not prepared for this betrayal. He twitched, experiencing a seizure right then and there, a burning pain that only the kiss of death could bring. Like a reaper's garrote, the "life" that Undax had was being wrestled out of him, causing him to gargle... trying to warn Mel's Fallen. It went beyond camaraderie. Undax saw Mel's Fallen... as family. It was both profound and inane at the same time.

“HoW cOUlD yOu kiLL pApA?!” he screeched.

The cry broke the night several times, a shrill shriek of anguish that only the strongest of souls could hope to forget. I had to break it. Any second longer and the opportunity would have been lost.

DX or Mel's Fallen. There was only one opportunity to strike while there was sudden anguish... a distraction in the slaughter. Syrat would know he needed to collect Undax's blood, but I knew I had to make a choice. Let DX go and worry about him later, or murder the black Pikachu's campaign before it ripened to a point where I no longer had control over it. Or there was Mel, helpless, lost, and just waiting to be struck in the back. There was no better time to strike than while he was in his grief.

I made my choice. Surging toward the door, I broke my way inside, and found the scene exactly as I had seen it in my vision.

"Get the blood," I told Syrat, not wasting another millisecond explaining.

I grabbed the knife with the Umbresol... and targeted DX. Hunter became the hunted. Mel's Fallen... was in no position to retaliate. DX, however, had a killer's desensitization. Striking Mel's Fallen would have only opened up an opportunity for DX to either strike me, or escape. Obviously, I couldn't allow either.

The black Pikachu turned around to watch me plunge the Umbresol-soaked dagger into his lower neck. Moving quickly, I yanked the blade out, quickly recovering the weapon as the serrated edge sawed its way through his sinful flesh. I could smell... even feel Diego's sins reeking from this abomination. I then used the element of the shock to strike the black Pikachu in the forehead with the heel of my foot, shoving him to the ground. Despite that, he was still quick, although bleeding profusely.

"CoNCIetED MaGGoT," DX snarled, grinning with his blood-stained shark-like teeth. "YOu CAll yoURsELf AN aSSasSiN?"

He leapt at me with a jagged blade, twisted metal that looked more like a piece of scrap rather than a sword, although it was sharpened, lethal, and certainly battle-ready. I turned to try and evade, but DX was quick, and caught me in the side with his serrated weapon. A gush of blood was ripped out and was splattered across the floor and the wall, but it wasn't crippling. I felt the burn of the pain, but it was a good pain. One that spurred the adrenaline to kick in, and I could sure leverage that. I'm sure his blade was diseased and he would try to infect me even if I survived this battle, but I could counter that.

"Ha hA, MeRE moRTaL BloOd!" DX grinned with delight, enjoying the bloody conflict. "cOMe CLoseR, aND waTcH aS I maKE yOU VomIT oUT yOUr OwN bEAtInG HEaRT!!"

One of Undax's Cohorts of Chaos approached me from behind, resembling a deranged Marshtomp who had no eyes, but could still see. He took a jagged dagger and rammed it into my shoulder, which I considered to be a mistake. Again, there was another vivid spike of pain, but I inhaled and soaked it in. With that same killer's breath, I took a poisoned kris, and swiftly rammed it into the Cohort's neck, twisting it rapidly as I exhaled with the speed of the kill. With one paw, I ripped out the creature's throat, and used his dying body as a weapon against DX.

DX, with his jagged sword in full preparation to slice me down the middle, was forced to use it against the Cohort's body, or go tumbling over from the body. Despite his small size, he was a lethal warrior, moving with the speed of a blur as he artistically decapitated the Marshtop with dance-like grace and movement that flowed like quicksilver. He was suddenly bathed in the black blood of the Cohort, but he almost seemed to relish it.

"NoNE tO mOUrN yoUR deAtH..." He snarled with delight.

He prepared to discharge his electricity, seeing there was too much distance between him and me to attempt to strike with the sword again. I would have too much time to respond and counter his attack. He wasn't underestimating me, but he was still intent on winning.

The shiv. Unlike the others that had been coated with Umbresol, this quick and heartless weapon was laced with crippling poison, one that would certainly take DX a while to walk off. As he charged his thunderbolt, I took aim with the shiv in my paw, and sent it flying toward DX, dancing and whistling through the air as it landed vengefully in DX's left cheek, ripping right into his electric sac. All at once, the black Pikachu's dark lightning was discharged, disrupting the attack and spraying electricity throughout the room in one, quick thunderbolt that he couldn't even control. Several forks of lightning had caught me, and while the shock and searing pain was worth snarling angrily over, I fought it off to the best of my ability, although it was agonizing to a harsh degree. The main threat, however, was the adrenaline was starting to wear off, and the weakness from the pain was kicking in. My shoulder and my side were burning as sticky, crimson blood were soaking my fur and my blood. The pain and wounds were severe, but I was truly determined to murder this horrendous wretch before he even so thought of taking advantage of us.

It was the opportunist's time to die.

Syrat, having secured the black blood of Undax in another one of the empty wine bottles, struck DX from behind, using a jagged embalming tool as a weapon. The blade burrowed into DX's back, just missing the crucial spinal column that would have left DX paralyzed. DX, in his deranged fury, struck the Pachirisu in the chest, bunting him with the blade. Syrat was thrown against the wall and struck his head on a wooden post, knocking him out like a light. However, DX now had not one, but two knives sticking in him, along with a gaping, bloody wound in his upper chest.

DX was crippled. I could see the Umbresol was now racing through his black blood, and it was causing even the black, lethal Pikachu to feel deadened with a macabre level of pain and nausea. Meanwhile, his face and head were deadened from the crippling poison on the shiv that was sticking through the side of his face and skewered through his tongue, causing him to generously drool black blood as short, minor discharges of electricity still continued to spark out as his lacerated electric sac discharged its last. He tried to speak, utter something along the lines of making this seem like nothing to him, but the blood in his mouth and throat was too much for him to articulate anything comprehensible. He still wanted to fight, and he wouldn't be satisfied until he had my head impaled and struck on a pike for everyone to see and wince in disgust.

I was going to need assistance, however. I knew Diego would be suffering the same kind of physical pain that DX was in, which I could imagine was crippling and agonizing in ways that no level of divine mercy could bring him salvation. There was no way he could fight in this. I needed Mel to deal the deathblow on DX. The black Pikachu could still move faster than I could, as my wounded side and shoulder prevented me from being able to run. Meanwhile, Syrat was unconscious and wouldn't get getting up anytime soon. But with DX's crippling, he could not outmaneuver Mel. It was true, Mel could not fight his own Fallen, but he could slaughter DX.

<Mel, kill this bastard... kill him now...>

I tossed for him the short sword, the only weapon I had left, but still more than enough to gut DX like a pig. In the meantime, the room smelled, reeked of the pale, noxious stink of sin and disgrace. DX was wounded, but not dead. He was still well enough to get away from me, but not from someone that hadn't been injured. Syrat, Diego, and I couldn't deal the strike. He was the only one that could...

And the whole time, Mel's Fallen wailed, still agonizing over the death of Undax... who was nothing more than a few fading bones in that dark moment...

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
Bisharp the Kraxel
Scarwell, Azmarax

"I suppose I couldn't let you fight Delath on your own, I'm with you," Tariq told me, "There's a seer in town that we may be able to catch up with...and, there's something...else...that we may want to do at some point: I'll explain later."

This is Zix Dragontamer, a fellow Seer. Recently, I had visited the city of Minacen which now belongs to the Abyss. Everyone, however, was evacuated in time before any bloodshed came to be as the city was unprepared to fend them off due to a traitor within the Peacekeepers. However, on top with the evacuation, the traitor was dealt with and information regarding the whereabouts of the Parchments of Fate have bee revealed. It turns out that they were held in Minacen's museum long before the crisis started but nobody knew that was what they were. Now the armies of the Abyss hold them in their possession, and the only way to reclaim them is through besieging Minacen in the future. Right now, the citizens and myself are fleeing to Scarwell to regroup, recruit and train. Once the blood is collected, head there to discuss on how to reconquer Minacen. See you soon.

“Hmmm, sooner than you know Zix, sooner than you know.” I said to myself.

“Ahh, Tariq, I see you made it hear on time. I was wondering if I was going to have the fun of torturing Delath on my own. I mean, you said we can’t kill him, torture is the ext best thing,” I laughed to him.

Following his signs of keeping our cloaks up to avoid unwanted attention, I led Tariq to a Spinda’s Café.

“So did you inform the others going to Center Lake City on what is going on with their vial,” speaking in a complete code so that people around us won’t understand what we were talking about or who we were. “When are we leaving for Synamax? And are we going to catch up with Zix when he arrives?” I inquired Tariq; these were vital questions that could outcome our next decision.

I looked outside at the desert town, something was ominous here, and it was as if people were preparing for a war. Thoughts came to me remembering what the guard had said when I entered the city.

“Welcome to Scarwell, the last bastion of Azmarax.”

Was it possible that the other cities of Azmarax had fallen? I opened up my mind and looked at Azmarax from a sky view. A barren, destroyed landscape was laid out before me. Focusing on each city, I noticed that Yantacan, Packtha, Cyan Bay all had a similar corrupted “design” to it, they were all twisted in a different way, but the death lingering off the land was old; a different “deathly” presence focused in on me, I looked east of where Packtha and gazed upon the now dying, decaying city of what was Minacen. The ground around appeared to be dying, the life of the land had a feeling as if it was dying.

I came back to consciousness and looked at Tariq, sitting patiently waiting for me to come back.

“Tariq, this is bad, our plans of leaving are going to have to be delayed, you can leave if you want, but I’m afraid that there might not be an Azmarax when we come back.”

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Horizon the Victini
Sylath, Synamax

Horizon stumbled slightly as he made his way to Crescia’s house. He felt guilty for how he had rejected her offer to walk with him home, but he just felt awkward around her. He was quite embarrassed and slightly angry when he was told that his mind was examined without his consent which was probably why he spoke a bit too fast. He kind of wanted to apologize to Crescia about refusing her offer. As he approached her home, which was quite pretty with a lot of flowers growing around it, he heard crying inside it as he reached the door. He hesitated to knock on the door and listened a bit, although he knew it was bad to eavesdrop, but he didn’t want to barge in. He could hear muffled sobs from what definitely sounded like Crescia and what she muttered made him feel extremely guilty. “Stupid, stupid, stupid Crescia. Why did you have to go and do something stupid and have him examined even though he was completely fine? Why do I l-love him so much.”

He blushed brightly at the last bit and decided it would be best not to bother her and slowly walked away from the house, making sure to leave quietly. Last thing he needed was her getting angry at him for snooping around her house. He couldn’t get rid of the last bit that she had muttered out of his mind. Part of him secretly rejoiced at having a secret crush, but a large part of him felt the need to comfort her. He decided to send his apology through a letter and perhaps a painting of her that he had secretly kept of her playing with a young eevee. Although she loved to be strict, she always had a thing for children and it so happened that he had secretly caught her playing with a child that day. She normally kept it a secret and only very few knew of her soft side. He sighed wistfully and his thoughts somehow turned to her unknowingly causing him to blush as he started daydreaming about her. He quickly shook his head of thoughts and quickly ran to his house and went in it. He had to apologize to her and he was going to write it out since he would most likely chicken out in front of her.

An hour later, he was done writing his apology. He had thought it would be easy and simple, but it soon turned into a nightmare to write something meaningful other than a simple apology. He had already sealed it up and had the painting rolled up already and in a protective casing to protect it from being ruined by rain. He was about to leave to deliver the items when he felt another headache come and he dropped what he was holding to hold his head, not liking the migraines that came with it.

When he dared to open his eyes, what he saw was what Oasis looked now. A small fortress of pure evilness radiated from the city. A pair of red eyes glowed and a swarm of black mass surged from the city, heading towards Sylath. Horizon felt his eyes widen at the amount of pokemon that was heading towards Sylath. Compared to the mass coming from Sylath, it looked very small compared to the army coming from post-Oasis. The vision continued to show the two sides clashing where the desert and grassland met. What horrified him was how the Sylath forces was being wiped away like it was nothing. A feeling of dread came over him as the vision shifted to the seaside of Sylath, showing to being attacked by the Abyss forces from the seaside. Leading the forces was his fallen, since it was impossible to mistake his form. Kuran didn’t seem to be doing anything and wasn’t even being targeted so he assumed that no word reached them.

When he had recovered what appeared to be another vision, he picked up what he had dropped and hurried to where Crescia lived at. Thankful that no one was watching, he carefully put his envelope and painting inside the mailbox, unfortunately having to leave it open although it was only his stuff in the mailbox, and quickly left. He had a letter that needed to be delivered to Kuran, requesting their aid in defending the northern coastline of Sylath. He hurried to Felix’s office and quickly asked to see him. Felix, being slightly curious, came out and Horizon quickly asked for this letter to be delivered by their fastest flyer. When Felix asked why, Horizon hurriedly told him about his vision of a two-sided battle coming soon and that both the coast side and west side of Sylath would be attack the Abyss and that they would need help from Kuran if they were to survive. He requested that a second flyer head towards Brachta Beach to round up some reinforcements from there to ambush the forces that would attack Sylath from the coastline by flanking. Felix nodded and shouted orders and assembled two flight teams. For once, Horizon was glad he wasn’t being questioned as to how he knew this and just hoped to be able defend his home town from the inevitable doomsday attack on Sylath, the seaport capital of Synamax.

R.I. Saraibre

Draconis Deviantus
Seng the Grovyle
Edge of Esteran Rainforest, Synamax

The heavy forest gave me the advantage of speed as myself and Mir traveled. He clung onto the inside of my pack, no doubt wondering how one was able to move this quickly. This was natural for me, even as I half meditated while umping from branch to bow. Things were going on in the world, and I was being made aware of them.

This is Zix Dragontamer, a fellow Seer. Recently, I had visited the city of Minacen which now belongs to the Abyss. Everyone, however, was evacuated in time before any bloodshed came to be as the city was unprepared to fend them off due to a traitor within the Peacekeepers. However, on top with the evacuation, the traitor was dealt with and information regarding the whereabouts of the Parchments of Fate have bee revealed. It turns out that they were held in Minacen's museum long before the crisis started but nobody knew that was what they were. Now the armies of the Abyss hold them in their possession, and the only way to reclaim them is through besieging Minacen in the future. Right now, the citizens and myself are fleeing to Scarwell to regroup, recruit and train. Once the blood is collected, head there to discuss on how to reconquer Minacen. See you soon.

Zix had a rough time, but now we knew where the Parchment of Fates-

Suddenly, I saw nothing but darkness, then the parchment itself, lingering under a dim light. There wasn’t anything else to look at, until a pair of glowing reddish eyes came into view. The sight of it, pained me, and I wasn’t sure why at first. Then the images changed, to that of a darkened sky, and a temple completely surrounded in sharp stony spires on a mountain top. I recognized it, it was where Delath had been hiding in, where he knew those were coming to take his life and blood. Standing on top of one of these spires, looked like…me. However, when the head turned, it was the same red eyes against the silhouette. Pain seared in my mind once again and the vision changed once more.

Now, I was seeing from a bit of a fish eyed perspective again, moving down a tunnel and into a hallway where large vat’s of bubbling, reeking liquid simmered in violet and red colours. I only knew that to be poison of some sort, but I couldn’t identify it. I must have had the pearl in my hand, for I assumed I was seeing from Delath’s head once again. I saw him turn and look in a chest, one that had a heart in it that looked as if it was still remotely…alive. I questioned this, but soon I was given a response.

“ThiS…What WiLl yOU DO MAStEr?”

“Bring back to life and use as a pawn, puppeteer decisions more than one.” He sang horribly. “The toxic moat muddle and meek, keep the Seers from what they seek.”

I knew he had been chanting for the sake of keeping his plans going. That was no regular poison, it was a black magic one. This would make it impossible to get to Delath if he did manage to completely pollute the surrounding area and trap himself inside this ‘moat’. No doubt he was ready to, and in my mind I was sure he already started. If he forced an aerial assault, we would be far too easy targets. I could see at least a small squad of Abyss in there making the dark material, and if the temple went in as far deep as I was guessing, who knew how many others. There was nearly no time, and no one else but myself was fully aware of the situation.

“SENG?!”

I snapped out of my visions, looking at a distressed Ratatta on my shoulder. We had stopped, thanks to the sudden visions. I noticed I was visibly shaking, and for a second it puzzled me. Mir kept looking at me, wondering what had just happened, or more likely, what I just saw. I had my claw against the trunk of a tree, leaning back on it a bit I sat down, listening to the soothing words of the tree, hoping for some insight. I closed my eyes and sat, breathing slowly and deeply. I could feel Mir’s gaze as he hopped off and looked at me from the other side of the branch, carefully not interrupting me. As I meditated I calmed, feeling the words the tree was telling me. I asked it about what poison could harm the entire forest, asking it about its fate. It knew it would fall to a foul destiny, and that soon everything would be as Bayoutown was now. Even touching the trees, or anything tainted would cause a terrible curse in the very least if not, becoming tainted or death. The forest was too dense to fly through up the mountains, and the cliff sides were sharp as daggers. I knew I needed to move quickly, however I had no time to back track.

I opened my eyes quickly, staring at Mir who jumped at my sudden awakening.

“Mir things are grim. The situation calls for me to go alone from here.”

“But no! I said I was going no matter what and you said-”

I only nodded at him. “I am aware of what I told you before, however you cannot come with me. I need you to do something else. “

“What…need me to do something?”

“I need you to run and find the Seer near the Oasis. I know one is there, as for the others, I’m not sure of. We need help, there is no way I can do this on my own and time is something we do not have whatsoever.”

“I…that’s a ways on my own but…I’ll do it. Seng what exactly is happening?”

“Delath plans on turning the rainforest and shore line into a toxic black magic swamp. If he succeeds it’s going to make it highly unlikely to kill him effectively. I am going to attempt to slow it down as much as I can, but I cannot assault him alone. He carries Abyssal squads with him, he has the terrain advantage in that temple. I may be a Seer but even I know how much of an outcome a single, frontal attack is going to be.”

Mir found the situation very heavy, I could see it in his eyes. He, however, nodded his head at me, jumped off the branch and darted off towards Oasis. “I’ll find him and bring some back up!”

I watched him go, and once he was out of sight, I returned to a meditating state once again. I needed to make the other Seer’s aware of this situation. Closing my eyes and putting my claws together, making sure I wasn’t gripping the black pearl again. I felt my mind broaden out, reaching out into the minds of my fellow Indigo Seer’s.

'Bretheren of the Indigo Seer’s, I have the utmost of grave news. Delath is aware we are coming for him, and plans to completely poison the rainforest, and the shoreline of which surrounds Vorgoia in toxic black magic to protect himself. He has held himself up in a temple between sharp spires outside of Vorgoia, and is proceeding with his plan as I speak. He has at least one squadron of the Abyss with him and plans to funnel any attacks we attempt to make by forcing us to aerial ones. I can only slow down Delath’s plans to keep himself safe in a temple surrounded by his own work. Anyone within the surrounding area who is able to, find me inside the Esteran Rainforest. Delath is aware Seer’s are coming for him, but he does not know that his plan has been found out. We don’t have any time.'

With that, I returned to a fully conscious state, and dove off into the rainforest.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
Tariq the Archeops
Scarwell, Azmarax

Karxel was surprisingly welcome of him, leading him to a Spinda Cafe to continue the conversation. Half-way inside, however, Tariq had another vision. This time, he saw Undax; no surprise, but suddenly he was impaled and struck dead by one of his own: Betrayal. The ever responsive Jax bolted inside to find the scene unfolding; he must've had the same vision. Undax's blood soon spilled out, and eventually Syrat collected it while the strange, black Pikachu turned on his potential allies.

The vision turned to Xac's bottle of blood, and once again, it glowed like it did before; Xac hadn't done anything yet....Why?...But before that question could be answered, Tariq broke out of his concentration and heard Kraxel talking to him. “So did you inform the others going to Center Lake City on what is going on with their vial,” he asked, talking in a hushed tone, “When are we leaving for Synamax? And are we going to catch up with Zix when he arrives?”

Tariq thought for a moment and collected his thoughts. "No, and the exact opposte of what I thought would happen, happened," Tariq explained, "I decided that they'd realize Xac wasn't dead, but...he hasn't done anything, and now Undax is dead; betrayed by one of his own, believe it or not."

Kraxel stared out an adjacent window at the ominous town. No doubt, many were getting nervous, it wouldn't be long, if things stayed the same, before the monastery on Mount Houan became the only sanctuary...and most had no idea it even existed. "If you want my opinion, I think Xac and Undax are playing with us...well, the others, primarily,...," Tariq said, trying to keep his attention, "They're fighting back to make things difficult, but I have a feeling they're waiting for all of them to be dead so they can surprise us all at once; Delath must want us to kill him, and not leave him crippled...Somehow I think that Undax and Xac are going to make a move as soon as Delath finds out we're onto their trick,"

Kraxel looked back from the window he was staring out. “Tariq, this is bad," he said, "Our plans of leaving are going to have to be delayed, you can leave if you want, but I’m afraid that there might not be an Azmarax when we come back.”

Tariq was surprised to hear he was concerned about Azmarax, it seemed unlike him, but one should know not to make conclusions about a person after only a few hours. Before, Tariq could respond, he felt another presence reaching out to him: Another Seer.

'Bretheren of the Indigo Seer’s, I have the utmost of grave news. Delath is aware we are coming for him, and plans to completely poison the rainforest, and the shoreline of which surrounds Vorgoia in toxic black magic to protect himself. He has held himself up in a temple between sharp spires outside of Vorgoia, and is proceeding with his plan as I speak. He has at least one squadron of the Abyss with him and plans to funnel any attacks we attempt to make by forcing us to aerial ones. I can only slow down Delath’s plans to keep himself safe in a temple surrounded by his own work. Anyone within the surrounding area who is able to, find me inside the Esteran Rainforest. Delath is aware Seer’s are coming for him, but he does not know that his plan has been found out. We don’t have any time.'

Tariq put his face in one of his hands as he tried to analyze the multiple twists that had been thrown at him suddenly. Taking a few minuted to think, he looked up at Kraxel to see him still there, waiting for a response. "One problem at a time," Tariq said at last, "There's still the monastery on Houan Peak...which I..wasn't supposed to tell you about, but...never mind...What's important is that there's two of us here, and we need to mae a decision; if you want my plan,...there's still the 'project' I haven't mentioned to you,"

Looking at Kraxel's face, he imagined that he'd be as puzzled as he was at this point. "Listen, there's supposed to be a temple of sorts in the 'far north' that's supposed to have an ancient knowledge lost since...forever..." Tariq explained, trying to still keep attention away from them, "The reason I think its of use to all of us is because only 'the essence of two Seers' can get to the inner part of it...Problem is, I don't know exactly where it is, but neither does the Abyss; heading there, we probably will only have the temple to deal with, whatever that entitles...From what I think, the 'far north' can only refer to Snowpeak along the northern coast of Vicktaken, and its rumored to be along the coast, so that narrows down our search by a great amount, I think we would have a good opportunity, and perhaps a good break from the Abyss...Look, do what you want, I can't do this without another Seer, and someone else is bound to come with me, be it Zix, Jax, or Diego; your concerns for Azmarax are very honorable, but I didn't want to lose Minacen, Brownbrook, Centraltel or anywhere else. Everyone here is't about to let the last city on the continent fall without a good fight; we may need to not lend our help in order for the better of everyone else...Look, I'm not heartless, I wouldn't abandon good people without a really good reason, and I wouldn't chase after a temple, or anything, if I didn't think it was worth it; if you want to stay, that's your choice."

Though he would want to stay and help, in dilemmas like these, a choice has to be made one way ro the other. Though he wanted Kraxel to come, since he at least trusted him, he hoped that Zix would come with him if Kraxel chose not to. Hopefully, the other Seer on Synamax would be able to kill Delath; even if the brothers do what Tariq thinks they're going to do...at least him and Kraxel will know about it.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego The Pikachu

Diego watched as the Sableye Fallen went into Woobie: Destroyer of Worlds mode. However, he then went to his knees and felt a large chunk of vitality leave him. He wondered why until he figured it out. DX just used a large amount of HP for something, but what?

He then felt agonizing pain as he felt the effects DX was going through when Jax began attacking it. Uncharacteristically, DX fought back. He wondered if it was because of the maverick energy nearby. As DX laid there bleeding, he smiled before he began laughing.

"YoU gUyS aRe SoOoOo ImPaTiEnT! gOoD tHiNg I tHoUgHt AhEaD aNd MaDe A sUb! AlReAdY oUt Of HeRe!" DX said before he exploded in dark enerhy and vitality.

"Substitute. He used Substitute. That's why I felt my vitality take a drop," Diego said as he went over to Jax. He managed to mutter something and wave his stars. A shower of stars fell in the distance.

Wishes have been granted.

Diego sighed as he felt his energy come back and also Jax was getting healed. He helped his friend up.

"He's gone. He made a Substitute. He must be going after the Grumpig. He won't fight us. Rather, he has no interest. He just wants to fight me..." Diego said as he looked in the distance. "I never did anything wrong, but I always feared my evil thoughts..." he said as he shivered.

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
(O.O.C. I’m deciding to beef up my side plot that will be the drive of the reasons why my guy does most of his actions, as the main plot goes on, I am going to dive further into the plot as my character’s evilness and darkness will become his driving force in the end.)

Kraxel the Bisharp
Scarwell, Azmarax

Seeing the look of confusion of Tariq’s face about me mentioning what was happening to Azmarax, I could tell he was surprised by my sense of “honor”, as the good folk call it.

“Listen, let me make my self clear,” I said in a semi-demonic tone, “I do not have a love for the people here, do not confuse honor with overall personal goals, the reasons I am going to stay are… well lets just say they’re beyond your concerns. As for this “sacred, lost temple”, I am not going to waste my time with something that may or may not be there, besides, there is obviously a fight coming, I am not going to be on the side lines, you’re exactly right SOMEONE will join you, but I choose not to, if you want to waste time for the good of your organization instead of the people here, you’re being a coward; I might be a criminal, but one thing is for sure, I won’t abandon people who need help unless they truly don’t deserve it, no one here deserves their soul being corrupted and damned to hell for the rest of eternity, we are seers, we are suppose to stay and fight! not runaway looking for some ancient piece of knowledge that might not even be around anymore.” I proclaimed to Tariq.

Hopefully my speech would get across to Tariq, we needed every person that we had to help fight for the besiegement of Azmarax, I wasn’t sure on how good of a fighter he was, but one thing I knew about any case of a fight, every is good with something.

“This choice is simply up to you, like I said; I have no care for the other seers or the current indigenous pokemon living in this country, my goals are strictly my own, as yours are the same, make the smarter choice though here,” I deathly stated, leaning now closer to his ear in a whispered tone, “are you seriously willing to now have millions die for the fact that because of it, you decided to take the cowards way out and flee.”

The words were harsh but they rang true, hopefully Tariq was reasonable and could see past the way of his order, I however, was willing to fight the Abyss again, and the people of Azmarax would see me as one of the heroes/ saviors of their homeland, winning their trust would make my conquest one step closer and easier to completion, I smirked to myself.

“Good day Tariq, if you decided to runaway, don’t bother telling me, if you stay, see you on the battlefield,” I nodded towards him, pulled up my cowl above my mouth, and turned to the exit and walked out.

I needed to find a blacksmith, if I was staying; I wanted to make sure my weapons were deathly sharp. Coming across a Gallade using the grindstone to sharpen his blades, I asked him if he had a spare, leading me inside his shop, he pulled out an extra grindstone and I got to work on sharpening my blades and axe.

After about half an hour of working on my now extremely deadly weapons, the Gallade came back into the shop.

“If you are finished, can you please leave my shop, I am very busy.”

Annoyed with this lack of respect, I stood up quickly and faced the Gallade in the eye, “Excuse me, are you aware who you are talking to?” I questioned him.

“I do not care; I am preparing my shop for the sales when people come in to buy blades and guns to defend themselves from the Abyss.”

Pissed off, I shot my hand out towards the Gallade’s neck and spoke to him in a monotonous voice, “You, stupid creature, are speaking to Kraxel, one of the seer’s, you should learn some respect when speaking to especially me, in the coming days, you will learn to!” I shouted, tightening my grasp on him.

“Please… let me… down… I did…n’t… mean…any dis…respect…” the Gallade struggled to say.

Tossing my hand as hard as I could to the right, I threw the Gallade into the wall, “Your welcome, I am in a… rather good mood today, consider yourself lucky.”

Walking out slowly, I enjoyed listening to the heavy breathing of the Gallade trying to regain his breath, it amused me knowing that he now feared me, “fear is the best method of teaching someone, it is better to be feared than love, and I will teach that to anyone who crosses my path, except for now, I will steer clear of the seers, they will try to stop me,” I thought to myself.

I walked up to the garrisons of Scarwell and looked out into the desert, turning to the nearby guard, I inquired if there has been any movement on the horizon.

“None seer, nothing, where is the Abyss? they have already taken the two nearby towns, the only other fortified towns in this country is Minacen and Scarwell, and the Peacekeepers control Minacen so Scarwell would be the most logical place to assault first, reinforce their ranks.”

“Soldier, you should know, Minacen has fallen, I’m not sure how many Peacekeepers made it out alive, but Minacen has fallen, Scarwell is truly the last bastion of Azmarax.”

“What?! O bloody hell, this isn’t good, we are doomed; we are all doomed.”

Turning to my right, I grabbed a hold of the soldier and shook him, “Get a hold of yourself soldier! You have sworn an oath to these people and to the people of Azmarax, you are sworn to them in life and death, just pray the Peacekeepers get here before the Abyss, we might be able to hold this city if the Peacekeepers are here and if we do win, we can reclaim Azmarax!”

“Hope is lost… but you are right… to the end… every soldier must fight.”

“Let me see the map, we need to start placing tactical defenses, the better prepared we are, the better off we are if the Abyss gets here first, and if the Peacekeepers win the race, well then they will have less work to do.”

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Zix Dragontamer: Typhlosion
Arriving at Scarwell

Life had been rough in the wastelands outside Scarwell. If it had been only me, it would have taken only a day to get there at best but trying to move an entire city's population was more difficult. My limited abilities as a seer had gotten us to sneak by Abyss patrols from all three cities, so we made it to the borders of Scarwell in a timely fashion. The trip itself, still, had its own adventures. The king had ranted to me about making an executive decision without his approval which was only for the sake of doing his job as he must have had a messenger quietly slip a note into my tent that he appreciated my bold and insightful plan since it kept everyone alive.

I also had a rather interesting meeting with a scholar, sworn to an order he refused to speak about, but he relayed that one of their order had passed information from one to another and a chain developed until here I was with this 'mon. He was just a concealed as he was about his order as the only thing that I could see was the ebony shadow behind the hood of his cloak. He only wished to tell me that he also was thankful for my swift actions and that I should seek out an Archeops by the name of Tariq when I arrived at Scarwell. After that, he was gone, blending into the camp as if he never truly existed.

My third order of business arose shortly after that when Blitz had summoned me to a war meeting with the other high ranked officials; it seems that I was the only obvious choice to lead the Peacekeepers. I had spoken passionately that it was not my place to take up such an honor as I didn't want to rob one of the other generals their position; however, it was unsettling to hear that every one of them had agreed. They also wanted to confide to me that Blitz was now Captain and my personal escort. I didn't mind that part as I knew that I would get along with him just fine. The end of the meeting concluded with me relaying a sudden message that I had felt from another seer who told of the last Brother's plan to infect most of Synamax's southern rainforest. As much as I wanted to go there and help defeat him, I couldn't.

Now, back at the outskirts of the city in question. It was still a ways off in the distance, so I had sent a runner to announce that refugees from Minacen along with our were on their doorstep. It wasn't long until we received the king's message that he would accept us, but only if our army stayed along the outskirts of the city while the helpless were fed into the city. As our answer, we did as told, and camped out on the northern border. We were still granted access within the city walls, but only high ranked members such as myself. It is here where I find myself setting aside my pen and returning to the present.

- - -

I didn't do exactly as the mysterious scholar had asked me to do, but I did try to find a more suitable arrangement to meet instead of simply seeking him out. After all, he could be busy. I found a neat little park right around the docks where I thought our meeting would be suitable. I had opened my mind up on my walk to see how many seers were nearby: two within the city. I wasn't exactly sure which one would be this Tariq, so I relayed to both of them:

I need to meet with both of you. There is a small park next to the docks where I am seating myself, so we shall meet here. I want to catch up on recent events as I do not know much that has transpired since my trip to Minacen and to here. Look for the 'mon with the steel S.

Satisfied with my message, I sat against a base of an oak tree and pulled out my blade. My recent fights had left the blade slightly dulled, so I began to work at sharpening it with my portable smithing materials; I sat in blissful silence as the grinding of metal against stone sang in my ears. I did happen to look down at by dragon-belt and frowned as I saw a small chip across the second skull on the right from the center. It couldn't be fixed which was unfortunate because I did treasure the reminder and memory that rested with in. Maybe it was time to retire it and only have as an ornament instead of an accessory. What a shame.

Necros

Magus of Fantasy
OOC: Apologies for the ... questionable behavior of the Magi at the end. *chuckles*

Melanthios had at least gotten incredibly lucky from the situation as it unfolded. He had been facing a Cohort of Chaos, a Golurk to be precise, and it was giving him some trouble. While the smaller Sableye was easily faster than the dark golem, it still managed to evade most of his attacks or just simply block them with its massive arms, taking the damage there instead of anywhere vital. It then proceeded to try and pummel Melanthios with surprising speed and ferocity, its fists sending mild tremors through the earth, waves of blackness radiating out from each strike.

“I WiLL mAkE yOuR sOuL BlAcKeR tHaN pItCHHH!” the huge construct hissed, lashing out with more waves of corruption.

Melanthios hissed as he dodged, clicking his tongue in impatience. This was taking too long.

“You’ve seen my Fallen, <right>? You honestly think anything you could say or do would have the slightest effect on me when I can see my <heart> over there, the blackest, foulest creature in existence, who in spite of all that manages to stir some good within the soul of one such as Undax? <Don’t make me laaaaaauuuuuuuuuugh!>” he howled, cackling wildly.

And the two clashed violently together, Melanthios trying to burn the ghost part of the golem with as much of his own dark and ghost energy as he could, the Golurk attempting the same. The problem for the Golurk was that being a Cohort of Chaos, his attacks could only wound and not kill, and Melanthios was no stranger to fighting through pain and loss and corruption. So it was inevitable that the Seer would win…the only question was, could he do it in time to prevent what he dreaded would come to pass if-

A huge, soul-rending scream devastated the area. Melanthios’ eyes went wide, and he just barely had time to twist himself out of the way of a nasty swipe from the Golurk, wincing a little as a jagged dark protrusion cut a thin, grazed line along the side of his shoulder. It burned a lot more than any other wound he’d sustained on this game board so far, but that didn’t matter at the moment. His fears had been realized, and now he could only hope Jax and Syrat were quick enough to snatch up some of Undax’s blood before-

“HOW COULD YOU KILL PAPAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!”

Melanthios barely managed to duck in time. It was perhaps fortunate he could sense his Fallen and any energy that came from him better than most, as when the wailing, smaller Sableye let loose his attacks, they plowed through just about everything in their way. Buildings, earth, Abyssal, civilians, even the very air was shoved or burned out of the way from the sheer, raw grief and emotion pouring out of the Fallen.

Which was why, when Melanthios ducked to avoid one of these blasts and the Golurk moved to strike him while he was down, the golem suddenly found its upper half separated from its lower half, the seal on its chest both shattering and melting away. This was the lucky part of the situation. It wasn’t, however, without consequences.

Melanthios glanced up after the beam had passed over to notice the energy from what was left of the Golurk growing unstable and sparking ominously. He had just about enough time to brace himself and begin to center his weight when the whole thing exploded. The Sableye was sent flying through the air, sailing rather calmly in an arc as he heard Jax’s voice in his head.

Mel, kill this bastard…kill him now…

I’m putting it on my <to do list> as we speak, he responded, letting out a breathy grunt as he collided with something soft and finally came to a halt.

“Well that was <fun>. Now where’s that Pikachu?” he grumbled, getting to his feet, hands crackling with power. He might have taken a slight beating from that Golurk, but he was more than ready to annihilate the piece that had mercilessly crushed the innocence of his Fallen, particularly since he knew Jax had weakened DX severely.

“Substitute. He used Substitute. That’s why I felt my vitality take a drop.”

The voice came from behind Melanthios, and he turned, blinking, to see Diego stumbling towards Jax as if he’d just got up from the ground. The Sableye put two and two together and giggled sheepishly.

“Kyehehehe…sorry bout that…” he apologized casually, thankful that the other really didn’t seem to be reacting to the fact he’d just bodily tackled him to the floor. He’d deal with that embarrassment later.

Then he realized what Diego had said.

“You have got to be <kidding>. Of all the dirty, underhanded moves…” he hissed, perhaps not speaking entirely about DX, since his gaze was directed at a specific, yet nondescript point.

Then he straightened up suddenly.

“…where did my Fallen go?”

***​

It took Melanthios’ Fallen several seconds to realize his attacks weren’t directed anywhere near the traitorous creature who had killed Undax. He sniffled a little and wiped his eyes, blinking.

“H-hUh?”

It was either a quirk of fate or just sheer dumb luck, but because of the corrupted Sableye’s indiscriminate rage, he just happened to be facing in the right direction at the right time, catching a glimpse of a dark Pikachu fleeing the scene while a fight erupted just behind him. He ground his teeth together and clenched his fists.

“ThErE yOu ArE. …SiNcE wHEn hAvE yOu BeEn ThErE? Kyihihihihihihihihihihi~”

The Fallen Sableye launched himself in the direction of the fleeing DX, flitting out of Center Lake City like a cloud of dark smoke, jeweled eyes blazing, almost turning red, as if the diamonds had suddenly shifted into rubies, a trail of shadow and corruption and death following the twisted child that was Melanthios’ ‘heart’.

“i’LL kiLL yOu. jUSt liKE i kiLLeD tHe OthERs. JuST liKE yoU kILLeD pAPa. i WON’T lEt yOu EsCaPe…”

He grinned, his voice dangerously even and menacing, even though one could hear the anger and sorrow behind every word, and the soft glint of tears against the bottom facets of his gemstone eyes.

***​

“I’d have to agree with Melanthios. That was kind of a dirty move~” teased Ledumos, fluttering his eyelids up and down at Necros in a mock flirtatious manner.

“It was the most effective move in order to preserve all my pieces while still accomplishing my goal. Besides, you love it when I play dirty,” he responded, his tone completely cold and emotionless, only gaining a bit of a snarkiness towards the end.

“Ahhhh I do, I do! Know why? Cause it means you’re getting desperate~ And that means I can look forward to that beautiful Raichu face of yours twisting into such a delightful expression of anguish when I win!”

The Breloom hugged himself tightly and shivered, letting out a noise that was almost a moan as he pictured such an image. Necros watched him with a slightly amused expression on his face, and then closed his eyes as he spoke the following:

“You’re mistaken if you think DX being taken or the Seers getting away has even the slightest significance to me in the long run. My real game hasn’t even started yet.”

“You are such a tease~! Ahhh I love you so much, Nec~! Let’s get into a nice honey bath together when this is over…I’ll make sure to lick every inch of your fur until it gleams…”

“Only if you promise to be my footrest for a whole month afterward. I’ll use you so well for about an hour and then get bored of you and leave you to collect dust in the corner for the rest of the time. Or perhaps sharpen my claws on you~”

And they both giggled together in a disturbingly similar manner, watching the events of the game board unfold.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
Tariq the Archeops
Scarwell, Azmarax

“Good day Tariq, if you decided to runaway, don’t bother telling me, if you stay, see you on the battlefield,” Kraxel said to Tariq as he stormed out.

Tariq remained sitting there, surprised and moved by Kraxel's rebuttal, but just grinned as Kraxel walked away. If I didn't know it existed, or think it was worth our time, I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place

Tariq, had once again, played dumb, by pretending he didn't know everything he did; he'd seen the fortress in the north in a dream weeks ago. Though he didn't know its significance, he'd heard stories of ruins like it: Strongholds of ancient Seers and Pokemon, ones that fought and won against the Abyss. Once he heard the legend of the temple in the 'far north' from Amria, he knew exactly why he'd seen it.

Before Tariq could keep thinking about his next move, he felt a familiar presence reaching out to him again. It must've been Zix.

I need to meet with both of you. There is a small park next to the docks where I am seating myself, so we shall meet here. I want to catch up on recent events as I do not know much that has transpired since my trip to Minacen and to here. Look for the 'mon with the steel S.

Wasting no time, Tariq rose from where he was sitting and walked outside. Outside, activity had picked up as the people from Minacen had arrived, including many of the escaped Irfan members. Most of them waved to Tariq as he walked past them and headed to the park. Hopefully I'll get there before Kraxel...and not just because I don't like him...

___

Making it to the park, Tariq saw a Typhlosion leaning against a tree, and hanging from his neck was the steel S that Zix mentioned. Sensing that he was a Seer, Tariq approached him. "So you're the one who helped everyone escaped Minacen," Tariq said, watching as the Typhlosion sharpened his blade, "Your name was Zix, wasn't it?, and my name is Tariq. Maybe you've met some of my friends...sort of...Don't listen to them if they say they're not permitted to reveal who they are, that's a misconception about us in stories that initiates carry with them when they first join...Why else have we been taking in refugees since the Abyss returned?"

He seemed like he'd been hurt severely in the past few days, but he'd received healing from someone, or else he'd have looked much worse. "...I can tell you our 'secrets' later, but I know why you're here: You want to meet with me and the other Seer who's here," Tariq continued, "His name is Kraxel, and he's a Bisharp...Something about him is different though, he has a scar that must be a clue about his past, and despite him being a Seer...his motives are...questionable,"

Tariq paused to let Zix respond, and make sure they weren't drawing much attention...from civilians, or anyone else. "...Look, I don't have any kind of past encounter with him that would make me biased, and despite what he may tell you, I'm no coward, and he isn't acting the way he seems to," Tariq said, hoping he would listen, "Kraxel gave up searching for the Brothers of Despair in order to help defend Scarwell and Azmarax...but he's told me that he does't care about the other Seers involved with everything he is...To be honest, I think that Kraxel cares about Kraxel, and not others, especially since he held one of our own hostage to try to get us to follow his orders; a few of the other Seers didn't trust him after that, but I did until he got angry at me, when we were talking earlier, and told me he didn't care for the other Seers...He's hiding something, but I've got no idea what that might be,"

Tariq thought about what else to tell Zix while he had the chance to talk with him. "There's another thing I need to tell you about: the Brothers of Despair. Maybe you know that Xac and Undax are dead...only thing is that me, Kraxel, and the rest of the Irfan know that they're not," Tariq explaned.

Tariq explained everything that he explained to Kraxel: the Brother's trick, his former plan to kill Delath, and that the fact the other Seers have no idea about the Brothers are waiting to surprise them. "...I know it sounds absolutely insane, but i can tell you that its true, even though nothing extreme has happened yet," Tariq said, trying to tell him what he told Kraxel, "...You're probably wondering why me and Kraxel didn't see eye to eye on our next action,"

Explaining how Kraxel suddenly wanted to stay and protect Scarwell, and how he angrily refused Tariq's proposal about Delath and the ruins in the north. "...There's things about the Abyss that not even the Irfan remember; things that might lead to solving how to stop the Abyss," Tariq continued, hoping Zix was still listening, "I'll tell you what I didn't tel Kraxel: I know where and what we're looking for. The ruins are along the shore of Snowpeak Valley, and I've had a vision of where it is exactly; I would've gone by myselfalready, but inner part of the fortress can only be accessed by the 'essence of two Seers,' meaning I can't do this on my own...Look, I know that you probably want to stay here and defend Scarwell with everyone else, but the Abyss is bound to be a good few day behind you, perhaps more since they'll want to eliminate everyone in Minacen in order to ensure they don't get attacked from behind; I know the ancient stronghold belonged to those in ancient times who won aganist the Abyss...You have to trust me, I'm trying to help everyone. You should know that we can't defend aganist the forever, and that's why the Seers are trying to remove the Black Doom prophecy from the Parchment of Fate, which I imagine you know already, but that isn't going to stop the Abyss: There's something else that was done in the ancient era, and the ruisn in the north have to hold a clue for it,"

Tariq paused again to let Zix respond, hopefully he'd be more open-minded than Kraxel. "..Look, I know how to fight, and so do all of the Irfan members who escaped," Tariq said, hoping to reach a deal, "We're not going to win in an unplanned battle aganist the Abyss, but me and most of the Irfan from Minacen know strategies and methods, ones you may not think of...If you agree to listen and come with me to the ruins in Snowpeak, I'll make sure we help you; there are things you don't know that we do, and things that, I'm sure, you know and we don't, and the group from Minacen know me, and I know they'll listen to me as a Seer and lend help.....Whatever you decide, don't think that you'll be able to get inside the fortress in Snowpeak without me, the method for opening the gates is one that's been long forgotten, and most of the Irfan won't even know how to open it either,"

Looking around, activity was picking up as news of the Minacen refugees spread. Hopefully, Zix would agree and wouldn't have to fight by himself: Tariq sat quietly and waited for, he hoped, a good response...Hopefully one with less anger.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Horizon the Victini
Sylath, Synamax

Horizon was slightly panicking now. He didn’t know what else he could do, already, the alarms were going off and all the pokemon that weren’t involved in the defense were ushered into the town hall where if things became extremely bad, they would be able to escape towards Brachta Beach, via a long tunnel dug by digletts and dugtrios reinforced with steel, and escape to Scarwell. He had to stay. It was his duty, no his sworn oath as a legendary pokemon to defend his hometown. Horizon didn’t know, but something deep inside of him needed to protect his hometown. He was feeling brave enough to help fend off the coast side as he wouldn’t fare well in a desert forest setting as he might accidently start a huge fire, or so he was told. The streets were packed with pokemon rushing towards the town hall with a few heading towards the coast or west exit of Sylath. However, his confidence dropped when he faintly picked up a message that was definitely geared to pokemon of special status, which he despised being part of.

Horizon felt his face drain of color as the poisoning wouldn’t just ruin the forest, it would also ruin much of the food grown in that region and would thus starve a lot of pokemon. He felt obliged to answer the call, but there was no way he would be able to do two things at the same time so he tried focusing on that channel so he might be able to hear it, he hoped at least.

‘I have received your call for help, but I am unable to help. I must help defend Sylath from a pincer attack from Kivian City and post-Oasis. I can not lend support as it is probably by the hands of Delath that I must defend Sylath. I am sorry that I am unable to help you, but I fear that my fallen is coming for me through the assault from Kivian City. I, however, give you my blessing towards victory, as small of a comfort that is…’

He slowly opened his eyes again as he had unconsciously closed his eyes to send the message and hurried towards the port side to check to see if there was anything else to prepare it for the assault. When he got there, he was majorly surprised to see some rather unusual warships that he had thought were long gone. He walked up to the group of pokemon who consisted of mostly water, ice, and a few brave grass and fighting pokemon were lined up. He was about to ask about the warships when the leader of the group, being a lucario, who he had never met, was told the group that in extreme emergencies that these warships were brought out of a secure warehouse and that with these old, warships, they would hold off as long as possible against the group that would come from the north.

Horizon was surprised they still kept war weapons, but his attention soon turned to a group of lapras that were unloading a large group of pokemon and saw that most of them were exhausted. He walked up to one and asked, “What’s the status of Emerald Coast?”

A sad expression and tears coming out of the eyes told him that the news wasn’t going to be good and he felt a knot expand in his stomach as he waited for lapras to tell him. When he did, it was very soft and he almost had to lean in to hear him. “It’s gone, all of it. There are no survivors left on Emerald Coast or if there are, they’re most likely deep in the sea now, dead. We tried to save as many as we could before they could attack us off the coast, but we couldn’t save all of them.” He looked around exhaustedly before continuing on, “I assume from how things look is that we’re expecting an attack?”

Horizon nodded and asked, “Did you by chance see what was happening in Kivian City?”

Lapras’ face grew very pale and he said, “Y-yes, a massive amount of forces is being mounted and they were almost done preparing when we sped around them.”

Horizon frowned and said, “Well as much as we could use the help from your group, it is best that you rest as best as you can and be on standby to evacuate any pokemon from the ships that are going to be sent out. Lucario is leading the defense here so ask him for any input on my directions. He might have a better objective for you to do.”

Lapras nodded and moved away and went back to his group, discussing what he was just told. Horizon sighed and looked out towards the sea, hoping that by some miracle, his fallen wouldn’t show up at all.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego The Pikachu

Diego suddenly looked up at the sky. "I am not your pawn!" Diego yelled at the sky. He didn't know why. But he felt a disturbance. He felt as if someone was in charge here. What role did he have to play? All he knew was this. He was not this person's chess piece. He already had his own master and he was stronger than the beings in charge.

The Magi should watch themselves. Diego and DX were wild cards and would not kowtow to demands of those who they deem unfit, especially DX.

DX had found himself with the Sableeye Fallen in front of him. Being slothful, he rolled his eyes. "YoU fOoL. YoUr 'PaPa' WiLl Be BaCk SoOnIsH. hE iS aN aBySs. He CaN cOmEbAcK. yOu JuSt HaVe To FiNd HiM. mY gUeSs? ThE mAiN hEaDqUaRtErS," DX said before he sped at an extremely fast speed with a Quick Attack.

"I aM nOt YoUr PaWn," DX said as he began speeding toward where the Grumpig was at. Once the last of the stupid brothers were gone, it would be time.

He knew Diego couldn't win. Diego was still filled with doubts and insecurities about himself. Only love would give Diego the real power he needs...

DX unleashed a powerful Abyss Shock Wave that spread for a big while. If that SableEye appeared, he would be hit.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Jax the Lopunny

He thought it was funny. I had been fighting a substitute, arguably one of the most pathetic uses of fighting. And here I thought DX was a fighter. He was nothing but a spineless tool without a trace of class. Truly pathetic.

"Substitute," Diego muttered. "He used Substitute. That's why I felt my vitality take a drop."

"Kyehehehe... sorry bout that..." Mel replied casually, before looking at Diego with distain. "You have got to be kidding. Of all the dirty, underhanded moves..."

I swore under my breath, keeping most of my resentment to myself. He walked over to me, and released a small shower of stars in the form of a Wish.

"These wounds are nothing," I told Diego, knowing there was truly no need for this. "Worry about your own hide. I've had worse than this."

I had the ointments and disinfectants I needed anyway. Applying them was nothing, I had been saving them for a rainy day regardless. But the worst part about it was not having DX's rotting, stinking corpse in my hands that made me bitter. Knowing it was all for nothing, and we had just wasted time and energy. I tightened my paw into a fist. I swore, if that bastard even so much as reared his face at me again, his legs, arms, and head were all going down his anus.

"He's gone," Diego stated, again stating the obvious. "He made a substitute. He must be going after the Grumpig. He won't fight us. Rather, he has no interest. He just wants to fight me..."

"Then you handle it," I told him, knowing I didn't want to waste any more time on that senseless maggot. "Don't even think of us chasing your god-forsaken Fallen across continents."

"I never did anything wrong," Diego muttered. "but I always feared my evil thoughts..."

There was no sign of Mel's Fallen either. I had turned to find him, but he was gone, vanished in a way that almost implied he was never even there in the first place.

"...where did my Fallen go?" Mel asked.

"Who knows?" I asked, shrugging and not really caring about the whole matter. "We have the blood of Xac and Undax, we need only Delath's."

Regardless, I figured the other Seers that had already made headway toward him. DX would be too late, and his purpose would be meaningless. There was another matter we had been overlooking, however. We could never catch up to the others to find Delath, but there was something we could do in the meantime.

Without a doubt, Talandra's defenses must have been a pathetic joke to the Abyss. Meanwhile, the Abyss was practically an invincible army of deranged souls that could never be truly defeated. And that's where Utopia came in. They were still barred from entering the living realm, and regardless, Talandra's cities and townspeople were dropping like flies. Every passing minute left the world that much more deadened from the endless nightmare.

The fact they knew that much about Delath's location made it obvious DX was running off, wasting his time when he would never get there before they did. By now, if the Abyss had any intelligence, they would know DX was a traitor, and now the Abyss would only see him as a fugitive rather than an ally, something that would slow him down considerably considering they would target him for elimination.

In the meantime, I revived Syrat. He was relatively fine besides a bump on the head and a slight daze. When he came to, I didn't waste a whole lot of time telling him the news. We needed to keep moving.

"Is the... blood bottle still intact?" He asked, looking a little woozy.

"It's fine," I told him, placing it carefully into my sack. "The other seers are pursuing Delath. But in the meantime, we have another matter at hand. Sartaras."

"S... Sartaras... why the hell do you want to head in there!?" Syrat asked, looking bewildered. "You of all people should know that place is the capital hellhole thanks to the Abyss."

Obviously he didn't know about the Cathedral to Corruption. I figured I would give him a quick update, figuring he had at least been helpful with the blood recovery, and his stabbing of DX in the back was admirable and provided useful support.

"Simple," I told him, revealing the truth. "There is a temple in Sartaras that the Abyss has erected. It's the reason why you don't see any of Utopia's battalions trying to fight the Abyss, and why Talandra is pretty much rotting away helplessly. Utopia is being blocked by the Infernal Barrier, which is being upheld by this cathedral. We bring it down, and Utopia will barge in on the Abyss, and they won't be politely knocking this time either."

The other seers would take care of Delath. In fact, we were too far away from them anyway, but unleashing Utopia's hounds would probably help them more than us trying to get all the way to the Esteran Rainforest.

"Geez... well, I guess that makes sense," Syrat stated, looking up in thought. "I wonder how many soldiers Utopia has."

"If they have as many as the Abyss, it's more than enough to save this dying planet," I told him, figuring that much was obvious. "Although I imagine the road to get to the Cathedral will not be easy. I suspect a large amount of Scourge and Cohorts along the way."

Sartaras was not far off, but it would mean traveling back through the plagued lands of Victakan. Center Lake City would probably remain in limbo until the Abyss sent additional commanders to pick up the work that Undax had left unfinished.

"Don't tell me we're leaving already..." Syrat told me, looking outside. "It's dark as hell out there, man. We'll barely be able to see where we're going! Besides, I'm beat. Seriously."

Navigation was not an issue for a seer. Even the cloak of night could be somewhat peeled away with the foresight and divination. But exhaustion was not so easy. I needed time to recover from the wounds anyway.

"We'll leave with the dawn," I told Syrat, giving him at least that. "I will take first watch. The rest of you get some rest. If Sartaras is anything like what the visions have been saying, we're going to need it."

And I'm not the one to doubt these visions. They've never been wrong once...

Last edited:

Necros

Magus of Fantasy

Melanthios blinked a bit at Diego’s sudden outburst. He paused a bit to make sure he heard the words right. Then his face split into a wide grin and he doubled over, cackling loudly, closing his eyes, and looking like he was almost in physical pain from the amount of wild laughter that was escaping it. He honestly couldn’t help himself or stop, it was just as if someone had flicked a laughter switch inside him and forgot to flick it off once they left.

“I…I’m sorry…kyehahahahahahahaha! C-can’t…help it…” he spluttered, wiping his eyes and gnashing those fangs together as he slowly but surely fought off the intense giggling fit.

It wasn’t that he was mocking Diego. On the contrary, he felt pity for him, and wished there was some way he could help reconcile the other’s unexplainable discomfort…but of course, if he did that, it would be as good as denying his own goals and existence. It would be suicide. Melanthios wasn’t laughing at Diego. He was laughing at the situation. This endless cruel fate, the ironies forced down onto the Sableye one after the other…it was enough to break any normal Pokémon. But not Melanthios. Never Melanthios. Melanthios Malachi would win. He would ascend. He would escape and he would personally reward everyone on this game board who stuck through all of the trials. They deserved it just as much as he did. After all, nothing screamed misfortune like a certainly occuring apocalypse. And he would become the Magus of Misfortune.

He patted Diego’s shoulder and smiled. It was hard to say whether it was a genuine, encouraging smile, or a mocking, leering smile. It was also hard to say, even if it was both, whether these emotions were directed at the Pikachu or someone else entirely.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be over very soon. You have <my> word,” he chuckled. Hidden beneath that derisive tone was a warmth, a kindness that only those who truly had the single element of the world within their hearts could recognize.

After leaving Diego be, Melanthios went over to Jax where everyone was more or less tending to their wounds and planning on the next move. The Sableye finally covered his shoulder with a hand, the cut the Cohort had left there still bleeding, unable to close or heal, as it had been made by one of the weapons decreed unable to be countered save for Utopian magicks. It was a shallow cut, and being a ghost, Melanthios could easily ignore it and not worry about infection, but the air did sting it a lot at times.

“You wouldn’t happen to have something to cover this with? I’d rather not have streaks of blood constantly dripping down my arm while fighting if it’s all the same to everyone else. <Alright?>”

He smiled and gave a jaunty wink to Syrat, who was just coming round. The Pachirisu always could do with a little building up, no matter what the situation. Of course, this proved doubly true when Jax decided to make the move against the Infernal Barrier and the Cathedral of Corruption. Marching right into Sartaras was not for the faint of heart.

“<Good!> I like it! Clear the victory conditions one by one, leaving no objective to the side!”

Destroying the barrier would also potentially free up a lot more pieces for his Master as well. Of course, they could equally be pieces in his opponent’s hands, depending on how they acted. Such was the game of the Magi. A piece was a tool. You could use it well or you could use it poorly. A piece could never be made to act outside of what it would normally do. What was it that one player he had run across told him once? Oh yes. ‘Don’t think about it too much…you’ll get a headache.’

Cackling softly to himself, Melanthios sighed and stretched a bit, twirling his amethyst shard and clamping it between his teeth as he settled down to rest, as much as his kind could rest anyway, eyelids sliding shut calmly. Recovering, but able to be roused in a split second at the slightest provocation.

***​

Once the pair of Fallen were a clear ways away from the city, and it became obvious that DX was choosing to keep retreating rather than openly engage Melanthios’ Fallen in battle, the Sableye stopped, glaring at him. He listened attentively enough to the other’s words, but he was still a child. The rage and pain were still there, and would not be dispelled simply by having an easy solution to the situation present itself. Besides, DX could easily have been lying. Melanthios’ Fallen was no stranger to deception.

“FiNe…tHiS BatTLe iS pOiNTLeSs nOw. I’lL kiLL yOu LaTeR. BuT I dEFiNiTelY, DeFiNiTeLY wOn’T foRGiVE YoU.”

He watched the traitorous and more than a little deluded Fallen speed off in a cowardly fashion. The Sableye probably could have obliterated him if he was just a little bit more like a ruthless adult, but the childish, moody, broken creature had come down off of his emotional high and was now quietly sulking from the injustice of it all.

“…wHy? WhY cAn’T iT jUSt aLL…aLL…”

He didn’t finish the sentence. Instead he just turned and headed in a different direction from the dark Pikachu, his form evaporating from where it had been standing, much as Jax had described earlier: like it had never been there in the first place.

***​

“Wahahahahahaah! Ahahahahahaha! I-I can’t believe…they still…even now…Wahahahahaha!”

Ledumos was rolling around on the floor, having tumbled out of his chair, clutching his sides and laughing hysterically, tears leaking from his eyes, legs kicking wildly into the air.

Necros was, in a rare display of inelegance, joining in the raucous, mocking laughter, banging his forepaws repeatedly against the table, his eyes opened just a bit too wide and his grin stretching a bit too far to give him a terrifyingly face, especially given his normal lack of emotion.

“Hehehehehahahahahaha! Lame Diego! Lame DX! The two of them are so laaaaaame! Wild caaaaaards~? What the heck was thaaaat~? Gehehehehahahahaahah!”

“I’m ch-choking…on my own…spit…gwahahahahaha!”

They continued like this for several minutes, looking like they were having the time of their lives. Clearly, however little they may have thought of the two Pikachu pieces, they were doing exactly what the two Magi wanted most: entertaining them.

“Ahhhhh~ Oh dear…hehe…of course…we probably shouldn’t be laughing that much. After all, Nec~ weren’t you just a tiny, insignificant little piece like him once?”

Necros shrugged. It was a casual gesture, but significant. If anyone other than Ledumos had brought up his past in front of him, they would have almost certainly met with the cruelest, most horrible fate the Magus of Fantasy could devise for them.

“At the level they’re playing, it would take millennia before they could even hope to reach the tips of my toes. They don’t understand the slightest thing about us. Reducing us to simplistic terms. Shadowy, antagonistic figures that they can fight against.”

“Hehehe, good times, good times. I wonder if anyone other than Melanthios will realize that much, though~? After all, we’ve barely given them any real hints.”

“Let them wonder. We’re under no obligation to explain to any of them. Besides Melanthios and Leonora, and I guess that crybaby of a Fallen he calls his ‘heart’, there’s no need for any of the usual kind of game we play. They’re just lucky to be involved.”

Ledumos nodded and cooed, sliding up behind Necros and draping his claws over him, his muzzle pressed into the crook of the Raichu’s neck.

“If they get pulled off the game board, want to grind up their remains and make some nice Pikaburgers?”

“I feel like I should be somehow vaguely offended by that, since it’s theoretically my evolutionary line. Yet I find myself in complete agreement with you, as always, my beloved Ledu~”

And the two playfully continued to tease one another, the pieces, and anyone else that happened to be looking in on their fun little game.

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
Kraxel the Bisharp
Scarwell, Azmarax

I made my way to the part of Scarwell where I knew where this pokemon would be, arriving there however, I watched as Tariq approached a rather tall Typhlosion.

Only hearing parts of the conversation, I heard Tariq mention my motives were “questionable,” after waiting for the conversation to finish; I casually walked up to the two. Looking straight towards the Typhlosion I asked, “So you are the hero of Minacen that I keep hearing these soldiers squabble about? And Tariq, don’t stick your ancient nose where it doesn’t belong, my motives do not concern your order, you, nor how the face of the war will end, I will do my part of this as I see fit, that is the destiny set out and designed for us, the prophecies do not care what we do after this.”

I studied this Typhlosion, it was interesting, he had the presence of Zix, but not the persona of a criminal, a rather unpleasant thought came to me, is it that Zix became soft and let society bend him?

“Listen Zix, I do not really need to be here, you and I have more or less no connections, perhaps Tariq has told about his… (Thinking of the right words to still protect his order) request…, hopefully you stay here and fight for Azmarax, this is YOUR homeland, I am sure you do not want to see it fall to the Abyss while you are out with Tariq running after mysteries that have the possibly of not even being real. If you need me, I am going to be helping the soldiers prepare to defend this city; we all know they’re coming. Tariq, if you are still set on leaving, I at least request that you stay here for a few more days, the more seers and leaders we have here before and during the Abyss’ invasion of Scarwell, the better, we cannot let this city fall, it is our last hope for taking back Azmarax, if you still want to leave afterwards, be my guest.”

(Walking along the garrisons being set up to defend Scarwell.)

“Seer Kraxel, defenses are about 40% done, we only have blockades and meager walls fortified, as well as the outer wall and the inner wall of the city, we need to get machines into place if we want to have a chance and we need your strategic view point to have a better chance.”

“Good job soldier, my first request is that I am going to need a detailed birds-eye-view of the city and the outlying areas as well as where our fortifications are.”

“On it Seer Kraxel, I will go ask the general and duke of the city immediately!”

(Waiting for half an hour for the blueprints.)

“Here they are Kraxel; the general has drawn out where the fortifications are, he has requested that you set up the attack defenses now.”

Examining the map, I noted the general’s remarkable well thought-out defense already planned. The garrisons outside were already set up and if turrets and mechs were properly placed, lots of overlap, land and sky, would occur, making the Abyss walk into many death traps. Also, war ships with AA turrets were placed in the bays on both sides of the peninsula to help prevent bombardment of Abyssal fliers. The outer walls were to be set up with long range shooting pokemon and snipers covering the warriors outside in the garrisons; inside the city, warriors were waiting to fight; and in the inner wall, the duke’s royal guard were protecting along with more snipers; the only thing I had to do was to set where the turrets would be and over-watch the garrisons.

“Humph, of course the general would have a criminal seer on the outside over-looking deaths, if he was smart, he would know I am to smart to let myself die.” I thought to myself, now speaking to the soldier, “Soldier, where do the Peacekeepers go? These plans have no mention of anything about them fitting into this?”

“From what I have heard, the generals of the Peacekeepers elected Zix as the leader, whether or not this is true, questionable; however, I am assuming he will lead them through the attack.”

“Hmmm, so Zix did go soft after all, well as long as he does not rule over ME, I am alright with that; I need to go, have defenses to be set up.”

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
I think I covered everything between both of your posts Strat and Tas.

Zix Dragontamer: Typhlosion
Scarwell → Synamax

Tariq and Kraxel had arrived at almost the same time. Kraxel hung in the background while Tariq explained just about everything to me. It was relieving to know that two of the Prophets had been dealt with, and this other Seer was in route but on her own. Tariq also mentioned about a hidden legend or secret somewhere up north. I simply nodded as his monologue continued as I weighed the decisions of what my next move should be. Well, I should say of what will be after I helped out the Seer already at Synamax. To take on a Prophet on your own was brave, but suicidal with little chance of success. If these two weren't going to help her because of other legitimately pressing issues, than I needed to.

Once Tariq finished, Kraxel spoke up saying and summarizing that it was foolish and cowardly to leave a city to fend for itself, so he would be looking to its defenses. Good. One, I didn't want any dealings with him as I knew exactly who he was, and two, I was going to assign him that position anyways. It was Tariq's dilemma now that I needed to work with. As much as both Tariq and Kraxel points held true, Kraxel's words weighed much more heavily, but both plans needed to be executed. So. . .:

“Tariq, I will assist you with your search; HOWEVER, there are more pressing matters than archeology right now. The first priority is the defense of the city. As much as I hate agreeing with a criminal, regardless of my past, he does have a point. With Minacen fallen, there is little defense left on Azmarax to hold a flame against this onslaught. Yes, any help or forgotten artifacts or lore may, keyword, bolster our chances, but right now, Scarwell can't fall. On top of that, there is a Seer on her own, who is tracking down the last Prophet's blood we need. You and I both know that not even Arceus would dare attack him without support, so someone needs to help her.

Now, this is what I propose to you. We all know that once the Abyss establishes their new outpost at Minacen, there next target will be here. So, I need to you to assist Kraxel, whether you like him or not, with the defense to the city. I'm not sure if you have picked up on any small talk, but I also happen to be the new leader of the Peacekeepers, so I need to settle management stuff before I venture into the heart of Synamax. I'm not proposing you tag along with me or head there yourself since only you and your order know the exact location of these ruins you speak of. If and when I meet up with this other Seer and collect the blood needed, I will ferry him or her to here or wherever this Seer needs to go from and I will then make my way to northward to where this place of yours is. I doubt I will need a guide since us Seers and can track where each of us are at any given moment. So, once this Seer is rescued, or; hopefully not, found dead, I will relay a message to you to make your way to your ruins. That is all I can do as, like I said, there are more pressing matters to attend to.”

I sheathed my blade, as I had finished sharpening it half way through my response, and got up to leave. “Good-bye Tariq, and good luck. Oh, and you may want to consider the value of knowledge. Your order may have the right idea in keeping themselves secret; I can't imagine what the Abyss will do if they got their hands on one of us or someone within your order and tortured information out of them. Wouldn't want to think of the damage that could come out of it. Just food for thought, as you seem to ally yourself with both, hmm.”

I hastily made my way to the market district before I returned to camp. I already reasoned through that I would need a flyer to get me to Synamax without delay, but the journey on land would be relatively long. Also, I hadn't eaten in days, and famish had been worsening my combat expertise. I silently ate at a small venue, got up to shop around for supplies: berries, more bandages, herbal treatments, etc. I then retreated to our camp and gathered the high-ranking officials. Blitz had returned as my bodyguard as I told him specifically that within the city, he would not follow me.

When everyone had assembled, I explained my plan and recent all the recent events Tariq had mentioned. I didn't mention his ancient ruin sight, but I did tell them that I needed to be away for a little while longer even after I rescued the Seer. I didn't receive any negative responses from anyone, which was slightly relieving though I did ask why this was such. General Bones spoke up, a Dragonite: “Sir, you hold command over us all. While that gives you some leeway, the business regarding Seers are foreign to us all. However, we all know that your group holds the crushing responsibility of our world, so any loss from your group weighs heavily. In other words, we understand, and while you have been vague on where your next destination is, I think I can speak for all of us that it is important and should not be spoken openly.”

It was a quite warming to see the affirmative nods from the rest of the other four heads of the council, including Blitz who was at my right side, and knowing that they trusted my actions. “Thank you Bones. Now, I suppose that I should place someone as my steward until I get back.,” I hadn't got to know just about everyone within the war counsel yet; however, I did know that Bones was both the next in command and a solid warrior with an imaginative mind. “As such, Bones will hold my position until I return. I have met with two other Seers within Scarwell's walls who should be assisting the guards in establishing secure defenses. Designate who will be helping them while I am away. Also, Blitz, you have full permission to be in every meeting from here on out as I know first-hand that your loyalty is unbound. That should be everything. Now, all I need is someone to ferry me across the sea, by flight preferably.”

One of the other generals, a Nidoking by the name of Gruef,mentioned that he commanded a rather swift Altaria who would be more than willing to fly me to Synamax. I nodded my head and motioned for him to direct me to the bird-dragon. In little time at all, the Altaria, Braze I found out, was taking me across the sea. In the time it took, I relayed a message to both Tariq and this Seer who requested help:

(To Tariq): I am in route to Synamax. This shouldn't take more than a few days to settle this before I contact you again, but if something goes wrong, on the fifth day, assume I am dead if you hear no word from me.

(To Seng): This is Zix again. The refugees from Minacen have arrived safely at Scarwell. Though we expect an assault on Scarwell, the blood from this Prophet holds the key to our dwindling victory. I am right now over the sea separating the two land masses, but will continue on foot once we arrive on the other side of the desert. We can coordinate our attack then. Your call will not go unanswered.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
Tariq the Archeops
Scarwell, Azmarax

“Good-bye Tariq, and good luck. Oh, and you may want to consider the value of knowledge. Your order may have the right idea in keeping themselves secret; I can't imagine what the Abyss will do if they got their hands on one of us or someone within your order and tortured information out of them. Wouldn't want to think of the damage that could come out of it. Just food for thought, as you seem to ally yourself with both, hmm.”

Zix walked off, heading towards the war camp, no doubt to settle the loose ends he mentioned. Defense was important, and with everyone together, the chances would be much better...Although, both Zix and Kraxel didn't seem to realize the 'real' problem in this...but with their new allies, maybe they'd have a better chance of surviving, and even winning.

Heading back through town, Tariq found the survivors from Minacen and greeeted him like they did to him. "We're helping in the defense," he said quickly, continuing to walk, "Most of you know how to fight, and know how some of the things here work better than the people who are in charge of them...Just consider it something needed by a Seer...and everyone else,"

Following Zix's instructions, he led the group through town to the camp where the defense was being set up. As they tried to enter, a guard approached and denied them entry. "I'm a Seer...like my old friend Kraxel, who I'm sure you've met," Tariq explained, knowing Kraxel must've been here already, "We're here to help, and we know how to fight,"

The guard's face lit up and apologized for his mistake and stepped aside. Already, the camp was mad with activity; while most of it was from panic of just arriving, it could be expected in a scenario like this. "Help in any way that you can," Tariq instructed the Irfan members, "If someone gives you a problem, find me,"

Already, a Noctowl had wandered off and taken notice to someone setting up a cannon. "Not like that," he said, taking the screwdriver from the soldier's hand, "Let me show you: If the parts are together like this, then the resistance...-"

Surprisingly, the soldier didn't seem upset once he realized the 'stranger' Noctowl was right. Even more of a surprise was the member's willingness to help with the cause; Tariq had expected them to be hesitant and unwilling, but after fifteen minutes, some were beginning to teach militia which end of the gun a bullet comes out of, and how to properly shoot one. While most of the Peacekeeper's had strategy pretty well done, it was the engineering and actually setting up that could use improvement, and the Irfan had just that.

I had no intention of running away Kraxel, Tariq communicated to Kraxel, Whatever our reasons and our differences are, now's the time to put that aside for the sake of everyone else...You know both of us need the other.

"Tariq, I needto talk with you," a voice from behind said.

Tariq turned around to find Seryl, an old Torkoal and leader of the Irfan in Minacen, standing there. "Seryl!" Tariq exclaimed, "I was worried you wouldn't have escaped with your old age,"

"Age doesn't just bring weakness, you'd do well to knwo that," Seryl mumbled, "...I know that your next great idea is to have us help defend Scarwell...What makes you think we've a better chance here?"

"I thought you were going to say that," Tariq replied, disappointed, "If we help the Peacekeepers, we're bound to hae a much better chance. Don't you agree?"

"Perhaps," Seryl said, unimpressed, "But that victory is not going to come without casualties, heavy casualties at that...and you seem like you've forgotten wha-"

"I haven't forgotten," Tariq interrupted, "If we help them, maybe they'll listen...AND, we still have the summoni-"

"Absolutely not!" Seryl replied, letting off some steam from his shell, "You know that's slow suicide if used incorrectly; even if you are a Seer, you may have a lesser side effect, but you're no exception from them,"

Tariq let out a sigh and tried to reason with him. "I won't use it unless its necessary," Tariq stated, annoyed, "Even if we do lose many good soldiers, these people need hope; I know you're wise, and you'll see past the 'odds' of this whole problem,"

Seryl stared at Tariq through his cloak for several moments before letting out a sigh. "Even if you listened to me, I probobly would've said later that you should follow your own direction," Seryl said, letting out another sigh, "But there's a better question to be asked now: Why are you still standing here?"

Seryl walked off in the direction of the training sessions and started assisting in the drills after a few minutes. I just can't win with him, can I? Tariq said to himself.

Tariq walked off as well, heading towards where some of the defenses were being set up; he hoped he'd be able to find Kraxel so they could work together on the planning.