• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Broken Youtube

Tyranidos

In the past few months, when I opened up Youtube, none of the vidoes were working for me. It said to either turn my Java on or I need to download a newer version of Flash Player. I have done the latter and I'm not quite sure how to turn my Java on. So I'm wondering how do I turn my Java back on or is there another problem which stops the videos from working?

Iibui

It tells you to turn Javascript on. In Firefox, that's under Tools > Options > Content; in IE, it's buried in the Security tab somewhere; in Opera, Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Content; in Safari, I have no idea it won't start at the moment. Other browsers should be similar.

Tyranidos

It tells you to turn Javascript on. In Firefox, that's under Tools > Options > Content; in IE, it's buried in the Security tab somewhere; in Opera, Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Content; in Safari, I have no idea it won't start at the moment. Other browsers should be similar.

Well, I just checked that and it is on. However, Youtube still does not work =/

And please don't smack me D:

Iibui

What version of Flash are you running? Gecko browsers have about:plugins, Opera has opera:plugins, IE has Tools > Manage Add-ons, not sure about Safari again.

Tyranidos

Well, I continuously download whatever the newest version is. I think its something like 9.0.1 or something similar to that. And I use Mozilla btw.

Tyranidos

I hope you're not trying to download from the add-on pop up that Firefox gives you. That will fail. You have to go to Adobe's website and download the actual package.

Nope. I click on the link from the stopped video to the Adobe site. Maybe that's not the right one either? =/

Concrete Donkey said:
Did you download any new add-ons for firefox? If you downloaded something like NoScript that might be blocking it.

How do you check your existing add-ons?

ursaloom

gondor vs mordor
to check existing plugins: tools, then press the thing under downloads.(sorry for not being precice but i dont know what it is called in english, i think it stands plug-ins)

Sapphire Milotic

May be your internet isn't the best. Also, what I have realized, is that when you look at videos that have had a whole bunch of views, they seem to take longer to load rather than others. So I am not quite sure what the problem may be. :s

Tyranidos

Nope. None of the Youtube videos work, regardless with the number of views. And Youtube was working just fine around Feb-March this year :/

Sapphire Milotic

:/ What if you tried another web browser, like Flock or something?