• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Browser won't load pages

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I have a DSL connection, and though the modem seems to be working fine, after 5 minutes, the browser will suddenly stop loading the pages I click on. Example, if I click on a link using Firefox, the page just stays there and refuses to load. Also, if I load using a new tab, the tab won't open the page. I checked with IE too, and it says the DNS error page.

It's probably your internet provider.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting your modem to reset it and see if that works.

If your have IE7, run a diagnostic, you get that in that "IE cannot display the page" crap.

Sapphire Milotic

You also have to think about what web page you are trying to view. Like if you were trying to view the Serebii Forums, it can be very difficult to load. Sometimes web pages like these time out when the server is busy, so think about what websites you are visiting. Websites with a bunch of ads can take forever to load, also, websites with viruses embedded in them can take a very long time to load. In my words, if I page takes longer than 10 seconds to load, I am going to find a different website.

Shuam

righteous
Reset your computer and your modem, then try to stick to one browser.

S31R31

The 90's
Try these steps.

1. Try right clicking on the networking icon in the taskbar and hitting repair.
2. go to a command prompt (start --> run, type cmd ) and type : ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew.
3. if you go to control panel and then network properties and you go into the IPv4 settings for your network adapter, you can statically set the DNS. I recommend using a verizon DNS server 4.2.2.3 because it's easy to remember.
4. If none of the above fix it, try a different machine, it most likely means your internet connection may not be up properly. Check cables and connectivity and make sure you are getting an IP address.. If you got o the command prompt (see step 2) and type IP config you should have an ip address. If the address begins with 169.254 it means you are not being assigned an IP address and you will not be able to connect until you get one

Sird

Johto native
Maybe it is one of your Anti Virus software.

I accidentally enabled "Block all Internet traffic" earlier on AVG and it blocked everything.

Check your anti virus software. :p

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I've stumbled on a temporary fix: use ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew once the pages stop loading. It works for a minute or two at a time, though.

Maybe it's the server or ISP which has issues.