• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bruce Wayne: May 1939 - January 2009(Final Crisis #6)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I was about to mourn what looked like a considerable loss, but then we have about ten people saying Batman'll be alive and well in no time at all. Can't a guy fully experience a single emotion around here!? >_<;

Actually, I've never followed Batman through his comic books. Still, you can't help but feel respect for that hero.

Look on the bright side. They could make a 'World Without Batman' story arc first (like what they did with Superman). That'll be wholly depressing when you realize that there really aren't any characters that could possibly fill his shoes.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I can imagine the faces of the little kiddies who just watched Dark Knight and decide to get into the current Batman comics and pick his BATMAN: R.I.P series

NOOOO!!! MOMMY!!! BATMAN IS DEAD!!

I'm Nolan and Bale must be crying on each others shoulder now [/sarcasm]

Good thing I stopped reading after Infinite Crisis
Also, he'll be back.... but with SUPERPOWERS!!!

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Then they will team up....

Token

That'll be wholly depressing when you realize that there really aren't any characters that could possibly fill his shoes.

Terry McGinnis says "unschway." Which reminds me, seeing as Batman Beyond is cannon, as shown in World's Finest #6, iirc, (apart from a misprint that was later confirmed by word of god to be read "Terry", not "Tim") meaning that it is cannon that Bruce is alive. We all know he'll come back, but it's comforting to know that it's only a matter of time, or Batman R.I.P isn't cannon.</reallyfreakingconfused>

Last edited:

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
So Batman dies at 70?

So Batman dies at 70?
69 actually. Which with the maturity level people have at this forum I'm sure they'll enjoy that number even more.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'm not a big DC fan myself, but it won't be the same without Batman all the same.

R.I.P. Bruce.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
Anyone who is in to comics knows that DC can't keep Bruce dead for long. They'll have Nightwing take over as Batman until they do some story about having to bring him back to life to save someone or something.

On a side note, I thought the tital said that Bruce Willis died at first.

BCVM22

Terry McGinnis says "unschway." Which reminds me, seeing as Batman Beyond is cannon, as shown in World's Finest #6, iirc, (apart from a misprint that was later confirmed by word of god to be read "Terry", not "Tim") meaning that it is cannon that Bruce is alive. We all know he'll come back, but it's comforting to know that it's only a matter of time, or Batman R.I.P isn't cannon.</reallyfreakingnerdy>

Not that I don't love Beyond and the rest of the DCAU, but Batman Beyond is not canon (two N's) to the main DC Comics universe. What is canon is that one of the many alternate earths in the Multiverse (Earth-12, I think) has a futuristic Batman who wears Terry's Batsuit and fights crime in a setting that resembles the Gotham City of the future as depicted in Batman Beyond. Certainly no one believes Bruce will stay dead, but his inevitable return to the land of the living will not be because of his role in an animated series/similarly-styled alternate earth.

You may wish to change "reallyfreakingnerdy" to "reallyfreakingconfused."

crobatman

So this is what all those batman comics that say R.I.P. are about.

I bet DC will have a crossover event like marvel does every summer that will bring batman back to action.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Battle For the Cowl will take up a large chunk of this year, and then whoever wins will take up the mantle. Bruce isn't coming back, as Bats at least for a year or so.

Or until the whining becomes deafening.
he'll be back..and so will captain america...

Steve isn't coming back anytime soon as BuckyCap is selling well enough to stick around.
So this is what all those batman comics that say R.I.P. are about.

No, Batman R.I.P. was about Batman taking on the Black Glove with a possibly massive ramification on his backstory. Also Grant Morrison being silly. He died in Final Crisis #6, DC's big event comic which started last summer, like they do every year.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Well my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Obviously.

Never been a big comic reader myself, but God damn, why are people sad that a 69 (lol) year old man dies? How the hell did he put on the bat-suit without help from the nurses? And who let him out of the god damn nursing home anyways? Srsly?

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Face it, the whole universe of comicdom could be wiped out of existence by a super-duper-weapon and everyone would survive. Because the Hulk and Superman would punch a hole through the walls of reality while in the afterlife and reappear just before the weapon was fired, averting the timeline but at the cost of Captain Kirk's life.

Or something along those lines.

Penguinist Trainer

That sucks that Batman died. Batman is in my opinion one of the greatest superheroes ever. I was always fond of superheroes that didn't have powers, because I believed that if they could do it so could I. Sure Batman is a billion times richer than I am, but he was always someone you could look up to because he was human.