• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brutaka's Pokemon Online OU Team (Revision 12)

Brutaka

Ignition
So hey guys, its Brutaka. You may know from my Art Shop. Well, I can make art, but can I battle? Nope. Im not that great at team building either, so I would like you guys help me with that part. I've gone to many people, and I have changed my team many times(hence the Rev. 12 in the title), but its still lacking something. Without further ado, here it is!

Heatran.png

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Though not my lead pokemon, it is first in the line up. It gets switched for Zoroark before battling via Team Preview. This pokemon sets up rocks for hazards, once it makes its way out. Unless its too late in the game. I use it against pokemon who hopefully can't hurt it too much, and then I do damage with its powerful attacks. HP Grass because my team has had problems with Water-Types. This is one of my newly added pokemon, so I'm still getting used to it.

Edits so far to Heatran:
~Hidden Power [Grass] switched to Hidden Power [Ice]
~Modest nature changed to Timid, for speed.

Latios.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Another suggestion. I needed something to switch Jirachi with, as it wasn't working with this team. Latios was mostly added to counter Terrakion. It also has the added bonus of taking care of Skarmory and Scizor, both troublesome if Zoroark doesn't finish them first. Timid Nature required for taking care of Terrakion, HP Fire for Skarmory, and Scizor. Recover instead of Psyshock because Life Orb hurts after a while. And I'm not worried about Chansey and Blissey; Suicune takes care of them fairly well.

Jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- U-Turn

Ah, Jirachi. I love this little guy. I had used to carry Togekiss, but swapped it for this one. Body Slam to paralyze, Iron Head to flinch. Fire Punch is for more coverage. This is the basic ParaFlinch Set. Not sure what else to say about it.

Edits so far to Jirachi:
~U-Turn put in place of Fire Punch
Dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

New edition. Suggested to replace Gastrodon. Dragon Dance set chosen to allow for the power of a choice, but with the ability to change moves. I find flexibility important.

Current Edits to Dragonite:
~Leftovers replaced with Lum Barry

Gastrodon.png

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Gastrodon, added to help my team stand up to water-types. I attempt to switch in to a suspected water move, and attempt to do as much damage before it falls, hopefully knocking out the water-type threat. Also a fairly new addition. Dies too quickly though.

Edits so far to Gastrodon:
~Recover put in place of HP Fire
Suicune.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpA / 84 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Suicune! The favorite member on my team. And also one of the longest remaining party member, even after all my revisions. Its works both as stall and a sweeper, depending on the situation. If I can find something to set up on, like Chancey, I can get to +6 Sp. Atk and +6 Sp. Def, and their team falls like flies. Though they forfeit before that happens >_> Also, it stalls when it wants to, because of Rest+Sleep Talk. Especially to Sp. Attackers. I have to watch out for electricity though. Rotom-W is a big threat.

Edits so far to Suicune:
~New set replaces old set:
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Breloom.png

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Breloom, added recently for much needed raw power. Spore, then Bulk Up is a great combo. Thinking about switching Seed Bomb for Stone Edge though, as D-Nite tears my team to shreds. I have experienced minor success with it. Hard to measure success when everyone forfeits before Breloom even makes it to the field.

Zoroark.png

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Trait: Illusion
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

And finally, Zoroark. Hasn't left my team since I made the team originally. Its stayed through all 12 revisions, and with good reason. I swap it for the first pokemon during Team Preview, and Illusion does its work well. Its usually a turn or two before the opponent catches on if I do it right. On minor threats, I Nasty Plot and proceed to sweep as long as i can, usually knocking two pokemon out and causing rage quits many times. Focus Sash gives Zoro the much needed time to either set-up, or spread damage. Nasty Plot+2Dark Pulses will usually KO a D-Nite, if I can keep Zoro alive that long. As far as using Dark Pulse over Night Daze, Flinch is better than Acc drop, because Zoro needs to kill things as fast it can, and a flinch can save Zoro a potential kill hit, or a sash break, allowing another turn of life. Besides, Zoro is the only pokemon that can use Night Daze, using it would ruin the disguise, so to speak. And I am not ditching Zoro, sorry.

As far as Pokemon that need to be changed or swapped, think for something to take Jirachi's spot. Jirachi's not doing great. It doesn't have to do the same thing, though. It can be whatever. Preferably not Ferrothorn though. And I'm not getting rid of Zoroark. You'll have to find a way to make the team work with it.

Well, that's my team. It needs work, but its come far. And sorry if my descriptions suck, I'm not good at putting words to these things. I hope its enough. And thanks for any replies I will get!
I'll post a pokemon threat list here, but I dont know if you guys need the set or not, a may not be able to figure them out anyways.

Current Threat List~Being Added to as I Battle

-Espeon
-Latias
-Sun Team(Mostly Ninetales+Victini)
-Weavile hurts, but isnt completely unmanageable.
-Virizion

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Zoroark (M) @ Focus Sash
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SAtk / 84 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Zoroark (M) @ Focus Sash
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Gastro is only meant to run a defensive set. 252hp and sp.def. Scald ice beam/toxic recover protect.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Gastro is only meant to run a defensive set. 252hp and sp.def. Scald ice beam/toxic recover protect.

Actually it can run an effective offensive set. A rain boosted (obviously from the opponent), +1 (via Storm Drain), LO, Surf really hurts. Heck, a +1 Surf/Earth Power really hurts. You could try Recover>HP[Grass]. It gains some survivability and helps cancel out some of the LO recoil.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Thanks guys for responding.
Hax_R_Us: Its true about the power, those attacks can hurt. And while Recover looks really good, what happens when I send out my Gastro against a water? I wont have anything SE against it? Or will Surf still work well enough? I suppose unless they have a similar ability....

you should definitely use recover if you are set on an offensive gastrodon. Earth Power hits 96.4% as hard as super effective HP grass

U-turn on jirachi over fire punch, ferrothorn is not a major threat and it saves you from magnezone and dugtrio, not to mention scouting purposes.

Zoroark is obviously you weak link, with scarf landorus, terrakion, latios etc. so popular.

Brutaka

Ignition
you should definitely use recover if you are set on an offensive gastrodon. Earth Power hits 96.4% as hard as super effective HP grass

U-turn on jirachi over fire punch, ferrothorn is not a major threat and it saves you from magnezone and dugtrio, not to mention scouting purposes.

Zoroark is obviously you weak link, with scarf landorus, terrakion, latios etc. so popular.

All right, the Gastrodon is noted.

Fire Punch has helped more than just Ferro(Even though its everywhere...) but I'll switch the moves.

But Zoro...it usually takes out a third of the opposing team before falling, and is currently one of my two MVPs on this team. Oh and by the way, Zoro pwns Terrakion w/Focus Blast. Most of the time OHKO's it. And I don't see much of Landorus and Latios anymore. Especially Latios.

Last edited:

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
All right, the Gastrodon is noted.

Fire Punch has helped more than just Ferro(Even though its everywhere...) but I'll switch the moves.

But Zoro...it usually takes out a third of the opposing team before falling, and is currently one of my two MVPs on this team. Oh and by the way, Zoro pwns Terrakion w/Focus Blast. Most of the time OHKO's it. And I don't see much of Landorus and Latios anymore. Especially Latios.

more
1 add an importable. this team is pretty cool
2 HP ice on heatran for dragons, water types are set up on by suicune and breloom
3 forretress over zoroark- gets rid of troublesome hazards and sets up toxic spikes which help suicune
4 SubCM suicune with ice beam to hit dragon types and grass types
5 Replace gastro maybe?? it is a bit redundant with breloom. maybe a dragon type like hydreigon would be good? dragonite?

Heatran @ Air Balloon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpA / 84 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Brutaka

Ignition
Importable? What's that?
Hp Ice...brilliant idea! cant believe i didnt think of that.
But....I like Zoro....
The Suicune set I've been using has been working really well actually, but I'll try this set out.
I was thinking about trying to find a good Dragon Type. I want to go with pokemon I dont see often, but I guess I have to take D-Nite. From what I've seen, Hydriegon isn't as good as D-Nite. Perhaps different styles, I dunno.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Importable? What's that?
Hp Ice...brilliant idea! cant believe i didnt think of that.
But....I like Zoro....
The Suicune set I've been using has been working really well actually, but I'll try this set out.
I was thinking about trying to find a good Dragon Type. I want to go with pokemon I dont see often, but I guess I have to take D-Nite. From what I've seen, Hydriegon isn't as good as D-Nite. Perhaps different styles, I dunno.
wow thanks for listening... most of the time when people supply feedback or advice people just bitterly reject it...
you use PO right? below where you pick the species are 2 boxes that say import and export. click export and copy and paste into this thread. Then people can copy and paste that into their import button so they can use your team without having to build it themselves
keep zoroark if you want, but I don't see the merit in a focus sash when you have no spinner- replace it with a life orb or lefties or scarf because your team lacks a solid revenge killer for pokes like SubSD terrakion.
Use whatever dragon you want, hydreigon was just a random one that popped into my head

I prefer Night Daze over Dark Pulse on Zoroark for the chance of lowering the foe's accuracy but that's up to you. Oh and don't leave Zoroark as the last Pokémon in your team. Illusion won't work if Zoroark is in the 6th slot.

An importable is the raw info of your team that can be copy and pasted into the Teambuilder to load the team. The example Cosmic Potato gave is an importable.

Brutaka

Ignition
Well, I'm not good at team building, figured I'd ask someone who is...
Oh. That's how I actually made the first post is with that. I thought it was something special. I'll put up the complete importable in the 1st post.
Focus Sash lets it live longer, and get another possible KO. Lefties wouldn't help, Zoro is too frail. Scarf or LO maybe, but the sash is really working for me. Remember, I'm using Zoro as a lead.
Oh. I think I'm going to go with D-Nite. Have any set that stands out to you for it that might help me better?

oh, and pika:
Dark Pulse is there for Flinch, which is more useful that Acc drop. Plus, Daze ruins the surprise :) And it isnt last, I use team preview to switch to first. throws them off guard even more.

Well, I'm not good at team building, figured I'd ask someone who is...
Oh. That's how I actually made the first post is with that. I thought it was something special. I'll put up the complete importable in the 1st post.
Focus Sash lets it live longer, and get another possible KO. Lefties wouldn't help, Zoro is too frail. Scarf or LO maybe, but the sash is really working for me. Remember, I'm using Zoro as a lead.
Oh. I think I'm going to go with D-Nite. Have any set that stands out to you for it that might help me better?

oh, and pika:
Dark Pulse is there for Flinch, which is more useful that Acc drop. Plus, Daze ruins the surprise :) And it isnt last, I use team preview to switch to first. throws them off guard even more.

Haha I forgot about team preview. I play the DW tiers where there's no Team Preview. But if you're going to use Dragonite, most people tend to run Dragon Dance or Band.
HTML:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
HTML:
Dragonite @ Choice Band
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
I like the Dragon Dance set better because you get the power of Choice Band and the speed of Choice Scarf together without being locked into one move. But you'll use up one move slot for Dragon Dance and it takes one turn to set up but that shouldn't be a problem with Multiscale.

ek: Flinch is better than Acc, because Zoro needs to kill things as fast it can, and a flinch can save Zoro a potential kill hit, or a sash break, allowing another turn of life. Besides, Zoro is the only pokemon that can use Night Daze, using it would ruin the disguise, so to speak.

the use of most its moves ruins the diguise imo acc losse is better with that much chance it will really help flinch is imo best on rachi/togekiss

With Dragonite out of the way, Fighting types can do some decent damage to the rest of your team. x2 damage on Zoroark and Heatran while doing x1 damage to everything else. Jirachi and Suicune (the bulkiest Pokémon on the team) won't be able to take repeated Close Combats for long. Since Breloom is the least important Pokémon on the team, consider swapping it out for Latios. Latios is great at KOing Fighting Pokémon and Life Orb Draco Meteor has a 50% chance of OHKOing Dragonite with Multiscale intact. If you don't want to take the chance, you can always use a Modest Nature (at the risk of being outsped by Jolly Terrakion) or equip a Choice Specs. Terrakion also does pretty heavy damage to the team (CCing Heatran, Earthquake on Jirachi, CC or Stone Edge on Suicune, CC on Breloom, Stone Edge on Dragonite, and Close Combat or X-Scissor on Zoroark). Timid Latios outspeeds non-scarfed Terrakion and OHKOs with a Psychic move. If Terrakion outspeeds Latios for whatever reason (perhaps you have a Modest nature or the Terrakion is scarfed), Latios is 2HKO'd by X-Scissor so you should be able to take a hit and retaliate.

HTML:
Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Psyshock over Psychic to hit Chansey/Blissey and special walls. If you want to OHKO Dnite, run Modest nature or use Choice Specs.

Last edited:

Brutaka

Ignition
Pika: Think about what would happen with Breloom gone though. It was the fixer to the fact that water types like to kill my team. In all actuality, Jirachi and Heatran are the ones not doing much, but I need Heatran for D-Nite. Though if my D-Nite has a Dragon Dance already on the opponents, it can take theirs out first. Even when facing an Outrage D-Nite. Heatran also sets up rocks, among other things. Jirachi, while is good at what it does, it just faints to easily. There's too many Ground users and Fire users. And if Zoro falls before taking out a Scizor, I have a hard time trying to kill it. Especially if I were to drop Heatran. So right now, it looks like the only thing I can change without hurting the team, would be Jirachi.