• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BS Doubles RMT, Haxorus and Charizard lead

What battle number do you think my team will get up to

• It will lose before 49

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • It will lose between battle 50 and 75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will win until battle 76 to 100

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It will keep winning past battle 100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Posted the two leads before, but I found two backup pokémon, so here's the full team;

:612: Haxorus @ Focus Sash
Jolly/Mold Breaker
EVs; 4HP/252ATK/252Spe
-EQ
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Protect

;006; Charizard @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid/Blaze (until female DW Charizard is released, then will switch to Solar Power)
EVs; 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Heat Wave
-Air Slash

These two pokémon help each other and won't get in each other's way. Mold Breaker EQ is really good, and dragon claw>outrage so I can choose who I attack. Sunny Day is to up Heat Wave, let me use Solarbeam the next turn (I will sunny day before I would solarbeam, so it's like the turn of charging but with flexibility), and it will save Haxorus's sash from weather. Protect is on Haxorus because BS pokémon will almost always go for the KO, and because Haxorus will have 1HP, protect on him will give the partner a free turn. On Charizard, Heat Wave for a 168 BP (on each opponent) spread attack in sun and STAB, and Air Slash is just for another STAB.

:640: Virizion @ Leftovers/LifeOrb
Naive(+Speed, -SpD)/Justified
EVs; 4HP/252ATK/252Spe
-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword
-Reflect/Protect

First; the nature will be Naive because I will only be able to catch one Virizion as I only have one cartridge, and I may want to re-EV it to be a mixed or special attacker for some team. Naive lowers the SpD, which is pretty high, so I figure it won't be too much of an issue. Leaf Blade and Sacred Sword for STAB. Reflect helps my defense, and teammates, but protect is a good move for doubles. I also don't know which item I should use.

I said 4 HP EVs for Virizion and Charizard, but I will actually take away EVs from their respective attack stats to make HP be a number that works with the life orb or leftovers, whichever I choose to give them.

;474; Porygon-z @ Choice Scarf
Timid with Adaptability/Download
EVs; 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Tri Attack
-Psychic/Shadow Ball

I would give it trick, but I do my IV breeding in gen v, and I refuse to go back to gen iv for moves. Therefore, the last slot is up for grabs. Psychic is 10BP more and hits fighting types and poisons for SE damage. Shadow ball gets Psychics and Ghosts. I was thinking psychic, but Charizard already hits fightings for 2X from Air Slash. I will test it once porygon is trained, but both are TMs, so I can change them easily.

Please respond. (Even if it's short, this thread is called RATE my team, so even just saying a #/10 with a small explanation would be appreciated.)

dragon pulse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>. airslash on charizard (i think you will need 4th gen)
dragon+fire = perfect coverage barring heatran

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
I see what you're saying, but the whole reason I'm using air slash is because this is doubles and Haxorus has Dragon claw. I figured that another dragon move would be repetitive. (and again, going back to 4th gen isn't convenient at all)

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Don't run sun if you don't have solar power, although it will increase Haxorus and Charizard's water resistance, the former won't need it and will lose its fire resistance. I suggest using Charizard as a choice user or an all out suicide bomber. He's much too frail for Leftovers anyways :3

Spr_5b_006.png

]Charizard@Life Orb / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
]Timid / Modest | Blaze
252Sp.A | 252Spe | 6Def
• Fire Blast / Overheat
• Focus Blast
• Hidden Power Grass / Air Slash
• Dragon Pulse

A lil confuzzling I know, but red means that the value is on the choice set, and red/bold is for Scarf specifically. The set itself should be self explanitory though, Fire Blast for intense power without needing to waste a moveslot on Haxorus, Focus Blast can hit rocks/steels very hard. Normal walls too. Air Slash is nice if you're scarfed for the flinch chance, but HP Grass is superior for hitting ground/water/rock or any combination of the three. Dragon Pulse is filler, so it can be replaced depending on preference.

Perhaps Eviolite-Porygon2 could replace Porygon-Z since it's doing the same thing as Charizard. Porygon2 makes a great stall/support unit that's incredibly hard to KO for its already decent defenses bolstered by Eviolite, excellent defensive ability and type. It doesn't mind any status except for maby toxic, and it has Recover.

Cool team dood.

Last edited:

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Hmm. I don't really want to choice Charizard. Sorry ;).

From what you said it seems like you're looking at it like I'd be using sunny day all the time. I will only really use it when I want solarbeam, or when there is another weather.
Sorry, but I also refuse to use anything less than 90 accuracy in the battle subway (with few exceptions) and I will not use focus blast. I will go with life orb though.
Fire Blast is only 85 accuracy, and a single-target move. I want heat wave for the multi-target-ness. Plus overall BP for each move would be (STAB factored in);
Heat Wave in sun; 168 per opponent *2 opponents=336, or *1 opponent=225
Heat Wave no sun; 112 per opponent *2 opponents=224 or *1 opponent=150
Fire Blast no sun; 180BP, only one opponent hit.
So as long as I'm hitting 2 opponents with Heat Wave, it's doing more damage (types not factored in)
So, sorry, but I don't think I'm getting rid of sun... I will possibly fall back on a choice set if life orb doesn't work.

I was actually looking at Porygon2 as well. Do you still think I should switch to 2 instead of z if I am sticking with LO 'Zard?

Thanks for the suggestions!

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Hmm... I'd use a Physical Charizard and a Special Virizon. The Charizard you use should be on a complete Drought team. QuakeSlide at the same turn will work well to, so spam EQ whith Haxorus, and Rock Slide whith Charizard.
As for Virizon, Giga Drain, Leftie's and Substitute buttkick. Combine whith Focus Blast and Calm Mind, and you're ready to roll.
Porygon-Z should use Psyshock > Psychic, Adaptabillity > Download, and Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
@ bug pro, if mine should be on a drought team, what would you give a special charizard on this team? Would it just have HP[grass] over solarbeam, and something instead of sunny day?
I could go mixed with Virizion, set would probably be Sacred Sword, Giga Drain, Work Up, HP[ice or something else, because Porygon will have ice.]

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Then: Heat Wave/HP Grass/Dragon Pulse/Whatever you feel.
To be honest, no Special Charizard.

Vandslaux

Why do you need a Female DW Charizard? I see no egg moves.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
I need female to get reasonable IVs. I could use a male, but... meh. I'm too lazy to try and get a good one. You can treat the set as if it would have solar power anyways though.
@bug pro...? No special Charizard? But 84 Base ATK and 108 SpA. How no special? Especially if no belly drum.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
I need female to get reasonable IVs. I could use a male, but... meh. I'm too lazy to try and get a good one. You can treat the set as if it would have solar power anyways though.
@bug pro...? No special Charizard? But 84 Base ATK and 108 SpA. How no special? Especially if no belly drum.
Yes, but if you take away Focus Blast and Drought, he's Horrible.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
bump after 8 days... please give suggestions.
Do you think I should use Porygon-2 or -z?