• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BS Singles Team

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
So, I have never really played at the subway, so I wanted to try it out. I really didn't want to use all OU pokes, either. My choices were just a random three pokes that I haven't seen around much, except for Lucario. So here is my team.

Lucario@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Inner Focus
EVs:252 Spd/252 Atk/4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Blaze Kick
-Hi Jump Kick
-ExtremeSpeed

If you read my other two recent threads, this was a staple in both of my team. I knew I would try the BS, and I knew about the Fake Out users on it, so I went with Inner Focus to make sure I can at least get one SD up. SD for boosting, Blaze Kick for just an awesome move, HJK for its best STAB move with initially no recoil, and ES is for those super fast glass cannons, which will be OHKOed after one SD. Focus Sash so I can get one at least SD up. This is usually my lead.

Manectric@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Static
EVs:252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 HP
Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Substitute

If you read my The Fire Fighters thread, this was my electric type. T-Bolt for STAB, Flamethrower and HP for coverage. Leftovers for recovery while behind a Sub, which actually has saved me a couple of times.

Ursaring@Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
Guts
EVs:252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd
Moves:
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Crunch

I love Ursaring, though I have never really used one. This Ursaring set is really interesting. EVs are standard, but the moves are something else. Flame Orb for boosting attack. Facade for awesome STAB. I believe it gets 315 base damage including STAB with a Guts boost. The other three moves are for the pokes that resists Facade. EQ is for the rock types and non levitating steels not called Ferrothorn, Scizor, or Forretress. Fire Punch is for the aforementioned pokes not affected by steel. Crunch is there solely for ghosts.

And for overlordmewtwo, no I will not want to consider adding three other pokes to my team for "the difference between a win or a loss."

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
crunch> blaze kick on lucario imo; it gets near-perfect coverage, and coupled with SD, this is awesome. though it won't be a fire fighter anymore :D
oh, and personally I thin k I'd go with steadfast> inner focus. I know, the fake out flinch is not nice, but lucario already resists it and with steadfast, it'll gte +1 spe, which will help it alot. though this is just me.

manectric looks nice, though I don't really see why you use it...

protect> some move on angrybear. it surely is not frail, but it neither is bulky, and protect would give it a safe set up.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
crunch> blaze kick on lucario imo; it gets near-perfect coverage, and coupled with SD, this is awesome. though it won't be a fire fighter anymore :D
oh, and personally I thin k I'd go with steadfast> inner focus. I know, the fake out flinch is not nice, but lucario already resists it and with steadfast, it'll gte +1 spe, which will help it alot. though this is just me.

manectric looks nice, though I don't really see why you use it...

protect> some move on angrybear. it surely is not frail, but it neither is bulky, and protect would give it a safe set up.

I really need at least 1 SD, so ill stick with inner focus. I also use blaze kick so if my friends want to have a tourney, i can use it. I like manectric,it is one of my faves, so i want to use it, and if i use protect, i will lose a coverage move, which i truly need.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
High jump kick can lose you the game if it's misses so i would recommend close combat over it.

CC could also lose me the game with the drop in defenses, so i would rather use HJK because it has no initial recoil. The 10 extra base points have won me games, too.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Lucario is rather frail so i don't think the defense drops really matter.

Actually, i have been faked out, with inner focus kicking in, SDed, and ohkoed with HJK. They send in a mach puncher, it punched, left me with 5 HP, and lucario swept the rest of the team. With CC, i would've been koed by the punch and might not have won the game.

Ninja Dog

Banned
Go with Steadfast, since fake out isn't going to do a whole lot to Lucario, And not much actually uses it. also CC> hi jump kick for lucario. If you can get rid of Blaze kick, then put crunch instead, But If you want to keep it then thats fine. (also since all of your team has fire moves)

Manetric is good although it is quite frail so nearly any attack will break its sub.

And yeah protect over one of the moves on Ursaring like Sceptilo said.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Go with Steadfast, since fake out isn't going to do a whole lot to Lucario, And not much actually uses it. also CC> hi jump kick for lucario. If you can get rid of Blaze kick, then put crunch instead, But If you want to keep it then thats fine. (also since all of your team has fire moves)

Manetric is good although it is quite frail so nearly any attack will break its sub.

And yeah protect over one of the moves on Ursaring like Sceptilo said.

I run inner focus for one reason. That reason is technician life orb fake out low sweep ambipom. With one SD, I can kill it with ESpeed, instead of hoping steadfast is good enough. I already explained HJK>CC, and i keep blaze kick on it for my fun tourney team. For ursaring, i send it in on like quagsire, which cant do anything, so protect is unneeded. Also, i use sub for a good reason. I see slaking all the time, and it alwayd beats out the other two, so i attack on the rest turn, sub on the attack turn, until it is dead.

The Mighty Wurmple

If you're going to knock back all the suggestions then there's not much point in posting an RMT.

I agree with the others on using Close Combat on Lucario instead of Hi Jump Kick. Although that extra 10 base power could come in handy rarely, you're much more likely to miss, giving your opponent both a free move and bonus 50% damage due to your recoil. Lucario has both common weaknesses and pretty dodgy defenses already, so the defence drops from Close Combat will go largely unnoticed. If you're adamant about keeping Blaze Kick for other purposes then there isn't much we can do to help there, however Crunch is the more useful option.

Manectric NEEDS a Life Orb. With only base 105 special attack and a Timid nature, it won't be OHKOing or even 2HKOing anything without one. Leftovers is largely useless on Manectric as it has terrible defences - even worse than Lucario. In fact his base defence and special defence are only 5 higher than Magikarp's and Feebas' respectively. Substitute is very situational, although it can be useful against foes that only use status moves, and moves that fail against a Pokemon behind a substitute such as Pain Split. The only other moves that could be useful are Volt Switch and Hidden Power, however it is unlikely that you would have a usable Hidden Power without specifically breeding or RNGing for it.

You seem pretty set on your Ursaring so I don't have any suggestions for it.

If you don't mind me asking, how far has the team gotten, and which Pokemon give you trouble in the Subway?

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
If you're going to knock back all the suggestions then there's not much point in posting an RMT.

I agree with the others on using Close Combat on Lucario instead of Hi Jump Kick. Although that extra 10 base power could come in handy rarely, you're much more likely to miss, giving your opponent both a free move and bonus 50% damage due to your recoil. Lucario has both common weaknesses and pretty dodgy defenses already, so the defence drops from Close Combat will go largely unnoticed. If you're adamant about keeping Blaze Kick for other purposes then there isn't much we can do to help there, however Crunch is the more useful option.

Manectric NEEDS a Life Orb. With only base 105 special attack and a Timid nature, it won't be OHKOing or even 2HKOing anything without one. Leftovers is largely useless on Manectric as it has terrible defences - even worse than Lucario. In fact his base defence and special defence are only 5 higher than Magikarp's and Feebas' respectively. Substitute is very situational, although it can be useful against foes that only use status moves, and moves that fail against a Pokemon behind a substitute such as Pain Split. The only other moves that could be useful are Volt Switch and Hidden Power, however it is unlikely that you would have a usable Hidden Power without specifically breeding or RNGing for it.

You seem pretty set on your Ursaring so I don't have any suggestions for it.

If you don't mind me asking, how far has the team gotten, and which Pokemon give you trouble in the Subway?

I have gotten to about 80 or 90. Garchomps give a little bit of trouble, with only manetric having a super effective move in HP Ice. Also, the fake out, life orb, low sweep ambipom really gives me trouble, which is the reason for inner focus. I use HJK for another reason. It was on my tourney team as a poke that had to use 3 moves that one other poke had, and the other move was wildcard. I have another tourney like that, so I have to keep it like that.

The Mighty Wurmple

I must've skipped over the Hidden Power Ice on Manectric, disregard that bit haha.

The only Ambipom with a Life Orb that I can see has Brick Break over Low Sweep, I assume you're talking about that one? I don't see how it could be a problem, as as you mentioned a +2 Extremespeed will kill it. Your Garchomp problem can't really be solved with these Pokemon, other than what you do already with Manectric. I hate to say it but when you use unorthodox Pokemon like Manectric and Ursaring, along with your current Lucario moveset, there are things that just cannot be properly countered. You could always try investing in a wall, such as Ferrothorn or Suicune if you can get your hands on one to mitigate the problem with Dragon-types.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I must've skipped over the Hidden Power Ice on Manectric, disregard that bit haha.

The only Ambipom with a Life Orb that I can see has Brick Break over Low Sweep, I assume you're talking about that one? I don't see how it could be a problem, as as you mentioned a +2 Extremespeed will kill it. Your Garchomp problem can't really be solved with these Pokemon, other than what you do already with Manectric. I hate to say it but when you use unorthodox Pokemon like Manectric and Ursaring, along with your current Lucario moveset, there are things that just cannot be properly countered. You could always try investing in a wall, such as Ferrothorn or Suicune if you can get your hands on one to mitigate the problem with Dragon-types.

My problem is I don't really like walls. I am testing out a couple of new sweepers. I really like my mixed Speed Boost Sharpedo. This is what it looks like, and I'm thinking about replacing either Manectric or Ursaring, and I don't really want to use an overused pokemon.

Sharpedo@Life Orb
Rash Nature
Speed Boost
EVs:252 SpAtk/148 Atk/110 Spd
Moves:
-Protect
-Hydo Pump
-Ice Beam
-Crunch

EVs outspeed most pokes after one Speed Boost. Protect for scouting for moves and to get a speed boost. Hydro Pump for a strong STAB move with decent enough accuracy. Ice Beam is to kill the dragons I can not stand. Crunch is another STAB, and is better than its second best special choice, Hidden Power (Dark).

Ninja Dog

Banned
Sharpedo is much better As a physical attacker, With Waterfall>Hydro Pump, I guess Ice beam could stay if you need it to beat Dragons.

Also if you need to keep all of these moves for this tourney, We can't really give you advice on pokes like Lucairo since you won't get rid of Blaze kick and HJK.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Sharpedo is much better As a physical attacker, With Waterfall>Hydro Pump, I guess Ice beam could stay if you need it to beat Dragons.

Also if you need to keep all of these moves for this tourney, We can't really give you advice on pokes like Lucairo since you won't get rid of Blaze kick and HJK.

Yes, I know it would seem more powerful, but I want it to be able to hit on both sides of the spectrum, so against a physical wall, I can pound it with Hydro Pump and Ice Beam, and if a special wall comes in, I can beat it with Crunch.

Ninja Dog

Banned
ok then maybe just replace Hydro pump but leave Ice beam?