• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BSOD, Stop Code 0x000000E4

Deoxys386

Deoxys Fan
On my Dell Inspiron 1750, I recently was getting frequent blue screens of death. So, I did a system recovery to restore it to factory condition. But, the blue screens continue to occur now. It gives stop code 0x000000E4. These blue screens even occur during safe mode. Sometimes they don't occur for hours, sometimes they occur within 20 minutes or shorter, sometimes they occur right after logging on. What is wrong with this, and how can I fix it? The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The computer is almost 2 years old. I have already used Windows Memory Diagnostics, which found no problems. I have also already removed one RAM chip, and the other RAM chip and ran it with just one, and blue screens still occurred. I already know a place where I can get the RAM; I already know how to change RAM. I just don't want to waste my money if that's not the culprit.

Also, after the E4 code, it says in parentheses:
0x0000000000000001 0xFFFFF88001DF0000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000

vitorml

5th gen Legend
Wow man, maybe the BIOS is already ****ed up, if it is that, then there's no hope for your PC =/

Deoxys386

Deoxys Fan
OK... the pre-installed McAfee has been removed. Now, to restart normally (currently in safe mode) and see if it works....

EDIT: OK, that didn't do a thing. I'm actually now to the point where when I start it normally, I immediately after loading my desktop icons, get a blue screen, and it throws stop code 0x1E. :(

Last edited: