• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BT team (Platinum)

Planning my assault on the battle tower, about ready to assemble my team. I didn't see any glaring weaknesses, but maybe I missed something. Thanks for the help :D :D

The Lead:
Magnezone@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
Ability: Sturdy
EV's(4HP, 252SpA, 252Spe)
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam
-Explosion

So I lead off with Magnezone, kill what I can, or explode if I need to.

The Destroyer:
Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly(+Spe,-SpA)
Ability: Sandveil
EV's(4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe)
Moveset:
-EQ
-Outrage
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge

He is the physical attacker of the bunch, borrowed this set from another post, hope thats ok. Not sure if having 2 choice banders is a good idea or not.

The Fat Wall:
Snorlax@Leftovers
Nature: Careful(+SpD,-SpA)
Ability: ThickFat
EV's(168HP,120Def,220SpD)
Moveset:
-Curse
-Return/Body Slam
-Rest
-EQ

Your commen Curselax set. Curse up a few times, then proceed to rape, or stall if neccesary. One point I did want to mention is that since I have Signal Beam on Magnezone I may not need Crunch on Snorlax, or vice versa. So let me know what you think, and sorry in advance for the spelling. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
Planning my assault on the battle tower, about ready to assemble my team. I didn't see any glaring weaknesses, but maybe I missed something. Thanks for the help :D :D

The Lead:
Magnezone@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
Ability: Sturdy
EV's(4HP, 252SpA, 252Spe)
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-HP Fire/ HP Ice
-Explosion/Signal Beam

So I lead off with Magnezone, kill what I can, or explode if I need to.

This set gives better coverage... but if you don't want to breed for HP... then leave it the way it was

The Destroyer:
Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly(+Spe,-SpA)
Ability: Sandveil
EV's(4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe)
Moveset:
-EQ
-Outrage
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge

He is the physical attacker of the bunch, borrowed this set from another post, hope thats ok. Not sure if having 2 choice banders is a good idea or not.

Stone Edge for coverage

The Fat Wall:
Snorlax@Leftovers
Nature: Careful(+SpD,-SpA)
EV's(168HP,120Def,220SpD)
Moveset:
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Rest
-Crunch/EQ

Your commen Curselax set. Curse up a few times, then proceed to rape, or stall if neccesary. One point I did want to mention is that since I have Signal Beam on Magnezone I may not need Crunch on Snorlax, or vice versa. So let me know what you think, and sorry in advance for the spelling. Thanks guys.

Like you said, you might want to get rid of Crunch... but it's fine

Suggestions in Bold

dpdude

teehee
The Fat Wall:
Snorlax@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant(+atk, -sp. atk)
EV's(252 Hp, 200 Def, 58 Atk)
Moveset:
-EQ
-Return
-Rest/Fire Punch
-Curse

speed natures and speed EV's are redundant on a curselax, as curse cuts your speed. i kept curse because that is an excellent move for snorlax. go with the EV spread for added bulkiness. return for more powerful STAB since munchlax evolves with friendship.

im only gonna rate snorlax, because Ampy covered everything else.

First of all, I know that the HP set works better on Magnezone, but I REALLY hate breeding for HP, it's a huge pain so I think i'm going to leave him where he is. Second now that I look at it yes Stone Edge>Aerial Ace, i'll switch that. And lastly I am dumping crunch for EQ, as far as fire punch goes I already have fire fang on Chomp, do I really need 2 Fire moves on a BT team? and as far as return vs. body slam, im still debating. On the one hand you have more power on the other you have Par hax. I'm leaning toward return, but I'm going to put a bit more thought in to it. Thanks for the rates guys. :D :D

Go for Return on Snorlax, you want all the quick kills you can get in the Battle Tower. Also, switch Stone Edge back to Aerial Ace on Garchomp. Right now. Otherwise Double Team destroys your team. Change its item to a Choice Band too, you're running max speed anyway so a further increase isn't really needed.

If i remember properly, you couldn't use 2 pokes with the same item on the BT o_O

You have 2 choice scarf

Go specs zone then, or adamant chomp, or banded jolly chomp. Snorlax can't hit ghosts without crunch or fire punch.

The Fat Wall:
Snorlax@ CHESTO BERRY
Nature: Adamant(+atk, -sp. atk)
EV's(252 Hp, 200 Def, 58 Atk)
Moveset:
-EQ
-Crunch / Fire punch
-Rest
-Curse

Curse curse curse, free rest, then you can hit everything. Gengar would be a sorry end to u if not.