• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bucking the Treasure Trend! (649)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Treasure Hunter - Buck & Baltoy!

On their way to the Sinnoh League, Ash & Co. meet up with Flint's brother, Buck. Buck is a treasure hunter and is eager to find treasure on a nearby island. Buck requests the assistance of Ash & Co. in finding this treasure. However, Team Rocket also overhear this information and decide to get the treasure for themselves. Will Buck managed to beat them to it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I will give the info:

-The meet Buck already in the ship
-In the island, Ash uses Infernape against group of Gloom
-In the cave Piplup is using his Hydro Pump vs Graveler, and Ash his Gible to beat Golem
-Meowth accidentally opens the door for Claydol
-Claydol blasts TR
-Buck's Baltoy beats Claydol and Buck captures it
-Seems like the treasure is pitcher

Last edited:
Buck caught that wild Claydol and found the treasure which is something like clay utensils

The group has at last set sail to Suzuran.

At least Gible did something.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Another Piplup abuse episode, but i don't complain about it. Also the patting of Piplup on Gible for helping finding it was nice (with DM of course).

Boomguy

Trick room was used in the anime wow how does that work

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So Buck will be in the league?

saar

Shiny Flygon
Buck and Baltoy are a good team together,i can't say a league team but definitely a nice team.
Also i'm happy Gible defeated someone otherwise it would have gotten weaker instead of stronger to the league lol. And Baltoy's move Gyro Ball I think was very strong, well done Baltoy.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Piplup and TR was very funny in this ep and it was so cool that Gible had finally won a battle, hope to see more of his victory in the league. I still found it funny how Gible use DM to find Piplup, overall this was a very entertaining episode.

So Buck will be in the league?

Nope, he won't

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
On their way to the Sinnoh League, Ash & Co. meet up with Flint's brother, Buck.

Was this confirmed? If so, sweet! Also for the Animedex, there were multiple Magikarp in this episode when Buck dove to the ship on Mantine.

Another Piplup abuse episode, but i don't complain about it. Also the patting of Piplup on Gible for helping finding it was nice (with DM of course).

Last stage of grieving: acceptance??

Denial: Piplup hiding behind a tree thinking Draco Meteor won't hit it
Anger: Piplup throwing a fit everytime after being hit.
Bargaining: Contemplating going to a different trainer, to escape it in DP164.
Depression: Piplup being sad that it's constantly getting hit in DP164.
Acceptance: Patting Gible on the head for doing a good job with Draco Meteor although being hit!

Now that Piplup has gone through the five stages of grief, IT'S TIME TO PERFECT DRACO METEOR NOW THERE'S NO MORE FUN TO IT! :D

Besides that, it was a decent episode, nothing special. Hooray for Gible beating something... What was going on with the type mentioning by the way? I thought Ash already new what types hit effectivily against whatnot...

Last edited:

HoennMaster

So that wasn't actually the League Island. The episodes was good. Claydol can apparently make magic happen since this episode was nice too. I was more excited for it then Buck.

PePer

Haha really good episode as for me, I really enjoyed it, so much love for Piplup I will miss him xD

TrainerOfLegend

So Gible defeats a Golem, cool! Still, other than that and the Piplup setting off all the Pokemon protecting the treasure it was kind of uneventful. What was the treasure anyhow?

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was pretty 'meh'. The only parts I enjoyed were the Gible vs Golem battle and Piplup getting bombed.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
This episode was pretty good for a filler episode. It was nice to get to see Buck thus completing the list of Double Battle partners appearances in the anime. You know, I'd love to know how it is that TR managed to get a job on that ship. I mean did they just happen to have 3 vacancies or something? And I find it funny how Buck was facing in their direction and didn't notice their obvious eavesdropping even though TR weren't even being discreet about it.

As for the rest of the episode, I was completely enjoying every moment of the Piplup abuse. That'll teach it to be an attention hog. I also found it funny that TR got blasted off by an Onix when they have a grass pokemon with them. It was also nice seeing Gible win against Golem, though I gotta wonder, is that it's first battle victory since Ash caught it? And it's nice that Buck caught the Claydol at the end of the episode, thus giving him a pokemon he had in the games. But did Buck ever mention in the episode that Flint is his older brother?

And now for the random things. Is it just me, or did the trees and background not match the animation style when they were walking through the forest? It was like a bad green screen effect. Also what happened to Torterra? It was never shown being recalled by Ash, yet when they zoomed out, it was nowhere to be seen.

JD

gibleisstrong.png

Gible says its ready for the league. But yeah this episode was pretty good It would've been better with atleast a mention of Buck being Flints Brother if he really is. Another thing Trick room wasnt used in this episode it was Light Screen I believe.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
So Gible defeats a Golem, cool! Still, other than that and the Piplup setting off all the Pokemon protecting the treasure it was kind of uneventful. What was the treasure anyhow?

A bunch of pottery that were based on Claydol apparently. Would have been nice to see if Baltoy came from these sculptures.

TheNewGuy

So Gible beats Golem in one attack, but it's not DEM, but when Pachi takes down Gabite it's totally DEM. Figures.

To be fair, Gabite was trainer-owned with a type advantage. Golem was wild. Not that I think Pachi vs. Gabite was DEM! Just putting forward the logic.