1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Bucking the Treasure Trend! (649)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Buck was pretty cool I guess. I prefer Marley over him but he seemed more exciting than the other stat trainers. Anyway, the was a pretty enjoyable episode. I found it funny how Team Rocket just listened in on what Buck was saying about the treasure and thought that the Voltorb was a welcoming party.

2. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

This episode was ok I liked Buck he was quite funny and it was good for a filler episode. I liked how the different pokemon were traps on the map as well

3. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Buck should have followed his brother's steps..... anyways it was a good episode.. but when will the sinnoh league start

4. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Claydol for the 1st time in a long time. It was cool that they had to go through a lot of Pokemon obstacles to get to the treasure. It was funny when TR kept falling for the traps over and over again. It was cool to see Baltoy defeat Claydol and capture it to be able to go after the treasure. It was cool to see Gible battle a Golem and be able to defeat it.

27/100

5. In regards to the first post, I have a hard time believing that Buck is Flints brother. I mean, wouldn't he have mentioned that to AshnCo. in the last episode?

Like this:

Flint: Oh! by the way, Ash, you might run in to my brother, Buck, on your way to Lily of the Valley island. The last I heard, he's looking for treasure around Dandelion island. Be sure to keep a lookout for him!

Also, Flint would seem a little too old to be Buck's brother, wouldn't he?

I am glad we finally got to see Buck in the anime! He's the one I was really hoping to see, him being my favorite stat chracter form the games, for some reason.

I expected his voice to sound more close to Pauls voice, though. But that's just me.

Hey, I just noticed something! The order we met the stat characters in the anime is the same order we meet them in the games, I think: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley and then Buck! I haven't even seen the episode with Mira in it, but it was pretty obvious this order was what they were going for.

6. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Buck is really cool, nice to see him outside of the game too, Claydol was also really awesome! it was intresting ^^

7. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Zzzzzz... wake me when the episode's over. Probably the least memorable episode of the season, featuring one of the jerkier game characters. At least the huge claydol reminds me of one of my favorite episodes, Claydol Big and Tall.

4/10

8. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

Meh episode, literally nothing to say about it other than "boring"
    2/10, reminded me of mid-Johto fillers.

9. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

It reminded me of Johto fillers, too! But not in a bad way. I enjoyed the episode - it was nice to see Buck. The treasure hunting was totally fun and seeing Buck so enthusiastic was great. This episode reminded me of why I love Piplup, it was on top-form in this episode - absolutely adorable. I was surprised that Buck caught Claydol, what with it being the "Guardian" of the treasure or whatever. But I guess now that Buck has the treasure it doesn't matter anymore! Nice episode.

10. Sorren&Rocko

Sorren&Rocko Now managed by Rocko

Rocko and I watched this episode a lot since we found out Buck is Flint's Little bro. However, they are not twins. Well he's a treasure hunter, and wants to um... Be part of One Piece maybe?

11. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I liked Buck. I wish that he and Ash had a battle episode instead of another treasure one. I would have loved to see that.

12. NPT

NPT Just a member

I enjoyed This treasure-hunt episode. It's good to see Buck from D/P/Pt appearing in the Pokémon anime. It was funny when Gible tried to find Piplup using Draco Meteor, and it worked. Baltoy and Claydol's battle was cool, Buck ended up catching that Claydol after the battle.
    I liked the part they found the treasure....it turned out to be ancient pots and Buck was happy after finding it.
    Overall, it was an entertaining adventure-themed episode and it was fun to watch.

13. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Buck should've appeared with Flint and had a much bigger role instead of just this treasure hunting filler. I was disappointed overall. 4/10

14. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

Buck was meh and so was his Claydol and his desire to find treasure. I thought his appearance happened too late in DP.

15. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

So we met Buck and saw him and Ash's group get chased by pokemon, which was fun to watch. Gible using Draco Meteor to locate Piplup was funny too and I was surprised that a vase was the treasure. ^^

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Baku finally making his Diamond & Pearl anime debut seemed like a case of too little, too late. I appreciated the fun treasure hunting shenanigans here, but the island setting and plot felt weak. Why couldn't this episode have been similar to the Hard Mountain plot from the games?

17. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

It was cool to see Claydol for the 1st time in a long time. It was cool that they had to go through a lot of Pokemon obstacles to get to the treasure. It was funny when TR kept falling for the traps over and over again lol.

18. _LightMeww_

_LightMeww_ Well-Known Member

It was nice to see Buck for one thing. Even though it was so hilarious, I felt so sorry for Piplup constantly being the butt monkey of the group. Also, awesome Claydol is awesome.

19. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I thought the episode was pretty entertaining. Not the best filler, but the whole treasure hunting thing was pretty interesting. Buck is a cute character. I found him likable. Love his career choice, that kid has ambitions.

20. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well Stark Mountain wasn't in the vicinity. I guess that if the writing staff had wanted, they could've changed its location here, tho we had seen Heatran already in Dp any way so we didn't need to see one again even with Buck involved. ^^;