• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bug-Type Pokemon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Beautiful team, Celestial Moth (I LOVE your name, friend request sent... or did I already add you? O_O) props for using Illumise competitively, prankster is really a wonderful ability, isn't it? I must also complement your naming scheme, in particular "Orb Weaver" and "Scarab King" :D Good luck with shiny Illumise! (just used one in my last playthrough! :p)

Lol thanks ay :p, i like your name aswell haha.

Also it might be worth noting that this club needs new management considering theirs 2 new Bug lovers that arnt in the members list n stuff >.> *cough* yvetal *cough* lol
lol anyways yeah welcome to the club Saturnidae and Pokemister, ill try to get into contact with yvetal n stuff haha

Good to have a few more active members, whats your guys favorite bug types ?

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
YAAAAAAAAAAAY I've been waiting FOREVER for someone to revive this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh... uh... favorite... bug? BUG uh... it's ALL OF THEM!!! O_O No seriously please don't make me pick. *hugs bug types*

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
YAAAAAY new members!

Umz, which Bug Types have you all used in Ingame Teams?

Well... Butterfree, Beedrill, Venomoth, Parasect, Ledian, Ariados, Forretress, Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, Armaldo, Kricketune, Mothim, Vespiquen, Skorupi/Drapion, Yanmega, Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Galvantula, and Volcarona.

:p

Saturnidae

Ok~ This is an easy one :3 I've used every non-legendary bug type in an in game team! :D Only one to cross off is Genesect, which a friend is giving me soon! :3
Impressive list yourself Surskit-man, only missing (assuming you also used pre evolutions, btw did you lst those in national dex order? O___O) Shuckle,Wormadam, Escalvier, Accelgor, Genesect, Ilumise, Volbeat, Pinisr, Heracross,Scizor,Vivillon, and Durant :p

Ohh, I have one! What's your favorite Bug type move?

Hmm for me, it was Bug Buzz for a verryy long time~ Such a perfect move! It emphasizes two of my favorite things about bugs, their wings and their cries. Plus of course it's been the best special bug move since gen 4.
But now it's been changed to Infestation :3 I think of all the bug type moves, this is the buggiest! It has actual insects swarm the opponent and attack them for several turns~ SOO cool :D I'm only sad it's not a bug status, which is what I originally thought it to be.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ok~ This is an easy one :3 I've used every non-legendary bug type in an in game team! :D Only one to cross off is Genesect, which a friend is giving me soon! :3
Impressive list yourself Surskit-man, only missing (assuming you also used pre evolutions, btw did you lst those in national dex order? O___O) Shuckle,Wormadam, Escalvier, Accelgor, Genesect, Ilumise, Volbeat, Pinisr, Heracross,Scizor,Vivillon, and Durant :p

Ohh, I have one! What's your favorite Bug type move?

Hmm for me, it was Bug Buzz for a verryy long time~ Such a perfect move! It emphasizes two of my favorite things about bugs, their wings and their cries. Plus of course it's been the best special bug move since gen 4.
But now it's been changed to Infestation :3 I think of all the bug type moves, this is the buggiest! It has actual insects swarm the opponent and attack them for several turns~ SOO cool :D I'm only sad it's not a bug status, which is what I originally thought it to be.

Lol, yup, I used their Prevos as well, and yes, they are in National Dex Number! :D
Ad, for some reason I never could find a Female Burmy so Wormadam was hard to get :O

What's your favorite Bug type move?

For a long time, Heal Order or Bug Buzz, Bug Buzz for same reasons above, and Heal Order was just really interesting, methinks.

But now, Powder or Infestation. Powder, while situational, is actually pretty handy, sadly it's exclusive to Vivillion so Parasect doesn't get it D:
Infestation for the same as Sat, and I also hoped it would've been a Status.

Speaking of...

If a Bug Type Status Existed, what would it be?

I'll answer this later ^^

ShinyGenesectFTW

Bane Of Pigs
Username: ShinyGenesectFTW
Favorite Thing About Bug Types: Shedninja,Genesect,Scizor,Heracross will own you.
PO, PS, or WiFi? WiFi
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: Thunder - 3797-7357-2033

Saturnidae

@Surskit boy
Wow o_O That's very.. detailed minded of you XD
Haha~ Burmy was so hard to get back in Sinnoh. (honey trees...) now it's much easier XD

Mmm Heal Order is a great move! :D using vespiquen is sooo fun lol. I mean, it has three signature moves!! That's amazing! Plus Heal Order and Attack Order look amazing in X/Y
Idk why Powder is Vivillon's signature move O-o I mean... it works on practically every other bug type too!

Ok~ For a bug type status, I'd first like to say that "infested" would have been a great, almost perfect bug status. It could have a speed lowering effect, almost like a burn :O
Hmmm an alternative one, could be "sick" or "flued" :O basically a status that is a minor disease. It could be bug type because many people refer to bacteria as "bugs" XD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
@Surskit boy
Wow o_O That's very.. detailed minded of you XD
Haha~ Burmy was so hard to get back in Sinnoh. (honey trees...) now it's much easier XD

Mmm Heal Order is a great move! :D using vespiquen is sooo fun lol. I mean, it has three signature moves!! That's amazing! Plus Heal Order and Attack Order look amazing in X/Y
Idk why Powder is Vivillon's signature move O-o I mean... it works on practically every other bug type too!

Ok~ For a bug type status, I'd first like to say that "infested" would have been a great, almost perfect bug status. It could have a speed lowering effect, almost like a burn :O
Hmmm an alternative one, could be "sick" or "flued" :O basically a status that is a minor disease. It could be bug type because many people refer to bacteria as "bugs" XD

Okay then, hum, let's see...

Not sure about the name, but how about something that decreases HP steadily and halves Sp. Attack?
Not sure about the name, though...

Saturnidae

Okay then, hum, let's see...

Not sure about the name, but how about something that decreases HP steadily and halves Sp. Attack?
Not sure about the name, though...
How about straight up "bugged?" :D Like bugs are flying around and annoying the enemy! the noise hurts them and prevents them from concentrating. (special attack lowered)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How about straight up "bugged?" :D Like bugs are flying around and annoying the enemy! the noise hurts them and prevents them from concentrating. (special attack lowered)

Oh, yeah, that could work, I mean, concentration does seem to be Sp. Attack :O

Saturnidae

Oh, yeah, that could work, I mean, concentration does seem to be Sp. Attack :O

Something like that ^_^
Cause if you can't concentrate, you can't properly launch giant beams of energy 8D

Saturnidae

Hello my buggy brethern!! :D (and sister..en? I am the only girl?? T_T) How have your bug related endeavors been? Catch any interesting bug types, bug shinies? Real bug news?? anything???

I've been trying to get every single X/Y ribbon for my Kricketune, I have them all except the expert battlers ribbon now :D

You know what? We should organize a tournament~ Just look how good the casual battles tournament turned out :p

What is your favorite type to accompany Bug?
Old topic from like a few pages ago, whateva I'm still replying O^O Although like bugpokemonmaster said, steel is probably the strongest, I think water/bug is definitely the coolest <3 It's sad there's only one pokemon with that type. :/ Next best is bug/ground, I love things with a desert motif, and bug/flying, even though it's super overdone, it's still a cool type <3

Who is your favorite Bug Trainer?
VIOLAAAAAAA :DDDDD She just has such a cool team and design~~~ :3 Can't wait for her full team in Z. I'm thinking she will be the first bug trainer to specialize only in moths and butterflies. You gotta love Aaron too, I lost to him in Platinum once, I was so proud :3

Which region do you think has the best Bug types? The worst?
For style~ Sinnoh, love that Kricketune and Yanmega. Hoenn was really good too.
For strength~ LOL Unova no contest >.>
For making bug more popular~ Kalos. Vivillon is a rabid crazy thing these days O_O

Oh, and I'm making this topic myself >.<

What do you guys think of the loss of Bug Catchers and Bug Maniacs in Kalos and Unova? Do you think classes like Harlequin (Unova) and Youngster (Kalos) are a good enough replacement?

Last edited:

Silicone

Poison Moth
What is your favorite type to accompany bug?
Um... Water, because it's just perfect with bug

Who is your favorite Bug trainer!
I used to have a huge crush on Aaron O///O
Viola seems sweet. I like Bugsy too.

Which region do you think has the best Bug types? The worst?
Sinnoh. There's just so much variety there.
Competitively its Johto and Unova. Forretress and Scizor, Volcarona and Scolipede

Last edited:

Silicone

Poison Moth
I forgot to join o.o

Username: Silicone
Favorite Thing About Bug Types: How they look like, the things they do and give(honey from bees, silk from moths, etc.)
I love bug moves, especially Silver Wind, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and Megahorn
PO, PS, or WiFi? not quite sure what PO or PS means.. So I guess wi-fi? :)
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: 2337-2952-1241 it's my brother's 3ds.. Noah

I wish to claim ;269;!

Chalis

Victorious
Username:Machamp-X Favorite bug:Heracross Why i like bugs: They are unique and most of them look awesome Claim:Hera,Scizor,Pinsir,Ninjask,Mothim,Shuckle(in order of preference i cant open the claim list.If they are taken any of their stages are okay

Status
Not open for further replies.