• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bug-Type Pokemon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
I think the only thing keeping Yanmega out of the OU is SR. If it wasn't for that, he would be just fine because his movepool and everything else is amazing. Now, if he was Bug/Dragon, that might be a different story ;)

The nominees were chosen by Apocalypse, and they are:

To be posted at a later time ^_^

You Son of a *****! theres nothing more i hate that suspense!

You know that typing might possibly make him go Uber with Blaziken actually. Dragon is a good typing, and even when fairies come out, the only useful and practical one im seeing will be Sylveon, but that's just because i havent seen it's stats.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think the only thing keeping Yanmega out of the OU is SR. If it wasn't for that, he would be just fine because his movepool and everything else is amazing. Now, if he was Bug/Dragon, that might be a different story ;)

Bug/Dragon would suit it great! Damn you GameFreak for not considering it a Dragon. However, if Yanmega was made to be Dragon, it's legs would be more lizard like or its eyes would be less compound. No pun intended.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Bug/Dragon would suit it great! Damn you GameFreak for not considering it a Dragon. However, if Yanmega was made to be Dragon, it's legs would be more lizard like or its eyes would be less compound. No pun intended.

Eh not really, look at Altaria.
Yanmega is more Dragon than Altaria >.>

Also, new banner has been added to the OP in the banner section, which is underneath the userbars

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Also, new banner has been added to the OP in the banner section, which is underneath the userbars

Agreed, I never really got how Altaria was a Dragon yet Yanmega wasn't. I'm actually very curious to see what a Bug/Dragon from GF will look like. Hopefully we can get one in Gen 6.
Another Bug typing I would like to see is Bug/Ice. I think a really cool idea for this would be a walking stick insect, encased in ice. Any thoughts on this?
I've also heard of insects that live in the Arctic. I believe they're called springtails, but correct me if I wrong.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Perhaps Flygon-like wings would make Yanmega look more draconic. Altaria was just trying to be a less stereotypical Dragon type.

And so many userbars! I have four in my sig and I'm already had enough images in my sig!

Yveltal96

A little more human
Alright, I couldn't resist >.< Here is next week's candidates. Thank you Apocalypse for coordinating the candidates ;)

HTML:
Vote for next Bug Pokemon of the Week
My Vote:

aaron_zps6df3b4f0.png

*Yanmega*
*Galvantula*
*Masquerain*

i was resisting asking you XD i really was just about to ask you! :)

My Vote: Garvantula

funny story: my first ever POTW i voted for a pokemon NO ONE else voted for the pokemon, hope that won't happen again XD. i vote garvantula cause he was the first pokemon on my first monotype team :D then yanmega

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
My Vote: Yanmega

Its all tied up, and Masquerain is left in the dust folks!

Yveltal96

A little more human
Current Tally
Galvantula: 2
Masquerain: 0
Yanmega: 2

Alright, let's start another topic

Who was your first Bug Pokemon?

Mine was Beedrill in FireRed and I used him a lot....until I found out his movepool was no good. Man I wish Beedrill was better :/

BugPokemonMaster316

My Vote: Galvantula

My first Bug Pokémon was Beedrill as well. I used him a lot, even though he wasn't that great. Beedrill was actually on my final team despite this.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
My first Bug type was my Caterpie from FireRed Spitty. I have it all the way up to 4th gen, but now I dont have another DS to trade it up D:

Yveltal96

A little more human
My first Bug type was my Caterpie from FireRed Spitty. I have it all the way up to 4th gen, but now I dont have another DS to trade it up D:

You could trade it to me and I could give it to your gen V game if you want? But only when I get home, I ain't home right now >.<
That sucks :/

My first ever fully evolved bug was a beautifree. such a pretty and majestic creature perfect for status problems

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
You could trade it to me and I could give it to your gen V game if you want? But only when I get home, I ain't home right now >.<
That sucks :/

Cant. I lended My DS to my friend so she could play her B2 game. I had an agreement with her that in order to save some money ill let her borrow my DS until she beat the game, then when i get Pokemmon X/y she will help me pay for a 3DS. Ive already Preordered Y, so I cant go back now XD

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
First Bug type was Kakuna in Blue. Awesome, truly awesome! Then it evolved after garnishing enough experience.
Beedrill killed along with my Blastoise in Sabrina's gym. Kakuna defended itself towards knocking out Surge's Electrode, though.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
First Bug Type...

Umm, Main Game it's Kricketot...

If it's First Bug Tupe Ever, then Caterpie in Link :p

I never used Kricketot though, I did use Combee, Wurmple and it's evos and Skorupi a lot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.