• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bug-Type Pokemon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
But with the forest tournament, it would be Bug Types only found in forests and their evolutions I'm assuming.

Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect, Dustox, Beautifly, Scolipede, Leavanny, Vespiquen, Heracross, Pinsir, and Yanmega. If we include Pattern Bush, then we could add Ariados and Ledian. I'm also not sure if the Safari Zone would count.

Wasn't really thinking this, but maybe a little more variety since Bugs are mainly found in forests. Pattern Bush Pokémon and Galvantula would be allowed since in the anime Galvantula assaulted Ash and co. in a forest.

I think we just use the FRLG PokéDex for the first three generations of Pokémon since it has the biome feature, and then take Pokémon found in Eterna Forest, Sendoff Spring, The Great Marsh, the Abundant Shrine, Lostlorn Forest, Pinwheel Forest, the Nature Preserve and the Moor of Icirrus for a variety of options. At least three members of your team will be Bug typed, and the rest can be non-Bug. Mono-bug is still acceptable (all six slots are Bug typed).

I think we should have more variety.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Wasn't really thinking this, but maybe a little more variety since Bugs are mainly found in forests. Pattern Bush Pokémon and Galvantula would be allowed since in the anime Galvantula assaulted Ash and co. in a forest.

I think we just use the FRLG PokéDex for the first three generations of Pokémon since it has the biome feature, and then take Pokémon found in Eterna Forest, Sendoff Spring, The Great Marsh, the Abundant Shrine, Lostlorn Forest, Pinwheel Forest, the Nature Preserve and the Moor of Icirrus for a variety of options. At least three members of your team will be Bug typed, and the rest can be non-Bug. Mono-bug is still acceptable (all six slots are Bug typed).

I think we should have more variety.

I feel like if we are saying a location rather than a type then mono bug isn't necessary at all as mono-location is more than enough of a restriction.

We can run mono bug tournies whenever, but a mono forest with a requirement to bring a bug or 3 would be nice :p

Rather than using the FR pokedex I'd be supportive of a 'pick what you believe works and matches the area and before the start of the tourny we greenlight the team or ask for an explanation'.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Like it was said, a Ranking System perhaps?

Anyway, we still have had no tournaments...

Maybe a Tournament where we solely use our Bug Type Claim?

:p
I was going to do a tournament fairly soon, probably around mid august I will start sign ups, I have been really busy lately with moving, and getting ready for my senior year of high school
Username: RussellW.
Favorite Thing About Bug Types: It's a bug...enough said
PO, PS, or WiFi?: Wifi, but it's down, I'm at a friends house
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: As I said, it's down and we need to get a new wifi network

You are accepted my friend! You can use any of our buttons and userbars ^_^

Redphienix

41 Days of Black

Wait, if an all Bugs Tournament idps gonna happen, is Drapion allowed?

Legitimate question o-o

Exceptions will likely need to be made.

I still don't think a mono-bug-location tournament makes sense.

One or the other, mono location (with exceptions built on anime or logic) or mono bug (with exceptions such as Drapion).

Mono-both just means we limit the list of available pokemon to a stupid amount and say "Don't pick the same team you bunch of rascals!"

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Legitimate question o-o

Exceptions will likely need to be made.

I still don't think a mono-bug-location tournament makes sense.

One or the other, mono location (with exceptions built on anime or logic) or mono bug (with exceptions such as Drapion).

Mono-both just means we limit the list of available pokemon to a stupid amount and say "Don't pick the same team you bunch of rascals!"

Yeah, it should be one or the other, because otherwise we woldpretty much all be using like the same 10 Pokémon.

I'd say a Mono-Bug, with Drapion.
Maybe all the ones from the Bug Egg Group (Trapinch, Gligar) too?

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Yeah, it should be one or the other, because otherwise we woldpretty much all be using like the same 10 Pokémon.

I'd say a Mono-Bug, with Drapion.
Maybe all the ones from the Bug Egg Group (Trapinch, Gligar) too?

Can't really argue with including Flygon ;3

(FLY-gon for pete's sake ;) )

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Can't really argue with including Flygon ;3

(FLY-gon for pete's sake ;) )

Well, if other non-Bugs are allowed, I'd say only their lines and Drapion should be allowed cuz they're in the Bug Egg Group.

If they wouldn't be in, I still say Drapion gets in.

Hah, I asked the exact same question about Drapion in the last Bug Type Club :p

Redphienix

41 Days of Black

Well, if other non-Bugs are allowed, I'd say only their lines and Drapion should be allowed cuz they're in the Bug Egg Group.

If they wouldn't be in, I still say Drapion gets in.

Hah, I asked the exact same question about Drapion in the last Bug Type Club :p

Changing types get confusing sometimes though :p

Like how sometimes I wish Surskit didn't lose its water typing >-<

I like variety x3

silverhusky99

Novice Shiny Hunter
Username:silverhusky99
Favorite Thing About Bug Types:that they are very very strong and underlooked
PO, PS, or WiFi?wifi
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC:309687701559
Also if i am allowed to join i would like to claim galvantula.

Yveltal96

A little more human

Wait, if an all Bugs Tournament idps gonna happen, is Drapion allowed?

I am considering allowing Drapion, Flygon, and Gliscor, but it is still undecided

Username:silverhusky99
Favorite Thing About Bug Types:that they are very very strong and underlooked
PO, PS, or WiFi?wifi
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC:309687701559
Also if i am allowed to join i would like to claim galvantula.

You are accepted! Also, yes you can claim Galvantula, I will add that to the OP right now

Volts

Volt Tackle
Username: Volts
Favorite Thing About Bug Types: How strong they can be
PO, PS, or WiFi? PS
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: Volts

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Oh, and I forgot to add that I would like to claim Ninjask, if that's possible

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Oh, and I forgot to add that I would like to claim Ninjask, if that's possible

I'll also take Pinser

Your claims will be added right away, sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

Ninjask
291.gif

Tier: NU
Smogon Recommended Set: Speed Boost @ Leftovers
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Substitute
-Swords Dance / X-Scissor
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe

Why we recognize this Pokemon: A few reasons we pay attention to this Pokemon competitively, is because of his ability to make a sweeper even more dangerous and even harder to get a revenge kill on. Ninjask is given the ability Speed Boost, which boosts Ninjask's speed by one stage every turn. This nice little ability gives Ninjask the power to bring in a slower but strong sweeper without it getting outsped by faster competition. With two turns of stalling, it can bring in a Scizor with around 400 Speed with proper investment. For the last moveslot, you can choose to time your attacks and either boost with a Swords Dance to bring in a sweeper, or you can use X-Scissor to keep your Ninjask from being complete Taunt fodder.

What makes him different from other Bug Types?
As we all know, all Pokemon are based off of either real things, or things in legends and mythology. Ninjask, just happens to be based off of a cicada. A male cicada has loud noisemakers called "tymbals" on the sides of the abdominal base. Its "singing" is not the stridulation (where one structure is rubbed against another) that characterizes many other familiar sound-producing insects, such as crickets. Rather, the tymbals are regions of the exoskeleton that form a complex membrane with thin, membranous portions and thickened ribs; contracting the internal tymbal muscles produces a clicking sound as the tymbals buckle inwards, and the relaxing of the muscles causes the tymbals to return to their original position, producing another click. The interior of the male abdomen is mostly hollow, which amplifies the sound. A cicada rapidly vibrates these membranes, and enlarged chambers derived from the tracheae make its body serve as a resonance chamber, further amplifying the sound. The cicada modulates the sound by positioning its abdomen toward or away from the substrate. Additionally, each species has its own distinctive song. Cicadas are native to many areas in Asia, but more specifically, in China and Japan.

xerneas96

RES Lover
Your claims will be added right away, sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

Ninjask
291.gif

Tier: NU
Smogon Recommended Set: Speed Boost @ Leftovers
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Substitute
-Swords Dance / X-Scissor
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe

Why we recognize this Pokemon: A few reasons we pay attention to this Pokemon competitively, is because of his ability to make a sweeper even more dangerous and even harder to get a revenge kill on. Ninjask is given the ability Speed Boost, which boosts Ninjask's speed by one stage every turn. This nice little ability gives Ninjask the power to bring in a slower but strong sweeper without it getting outsped by faster competition. With two turns of stalling, it can bring in a Scizor with around 400 Speed with proper investment. For the last moveslot, you can choose to time your attacks and either boost with a Swords Dance to bring in a sweeper, or you can use X-Scissor to keep your Ninjask from being complete Taunt fodder.

What makes him different from other Bug Types?
As we all know, all Pokemon are based off of either real things, or things in legends and mythology. Ninjask, just happens to be based off of a cicada. A male cicada has loud noisemakers called "tymbals" on the sides of the abdominal base. Its "singing" is not the stridulation (where one structure is rubbed against another) that characterizes many other familiar sound-producing insects, such as crickets. Rather, the tymbals are regions of the exoskeleton that form a complex membrane with thin, membranous portions and thickened ribs; contracting the internal tymbal muscles produces a clicking sound as the tymbals buckle inwards, and the relaxing of the muscles causes the tymbals to return to their original position, producing another click. The interior of the male abdomen is mostly hollow, which amplifies the sound. A cicada rapidly vibrates these membranes, and enlarged chambers derived from the tracheae make its body serve as a resonance chamber, further amplifying the sound. The cicada modulates the sound by positioning its abdomen toward or away from the substrate. Additionally, each species has its own distinctive song. Cicadas are native to many areas in Asia, but more specifically, in China and Japan.

This little guy has always been one of my favorites. In Emerald I used him all the time. I taught him double team, furry cutter, swords dance and batton pass. He was an absolute monster and so is the set you put up. I've seen you sweep using the help of ninjask making for support into another monster that puts those attack and speed boosts to good use

Yveltal96

A little more human
Thanks for the feedback! I never used him as too much of an attacking role, but he could pull it off with proper support. I have always used this set for him, simply because it annoys the living crap out of everyone especially when they can't even touch him XD

Status
Not open for further replies.