• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bug-type Pokemon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
Im sitting on a bug mono type team myself actually. IM just training my very last 2 pokes to lvl 100 actually. I wont say everything about them atm.
My pokes are venomoth,volcarona,scizor,galvantula,forretress and armaldo.

But im thinking about Masquerain, Escavalier cause they have some potential.
I think bug mono types are fun adn cool to create. But you have to run some weird move-sets to get around your opponent sometimes.

EDIT: I finnaly completed my lv100 BUG team guys tell me what you think :D
The team is good, but mot so good. I'll explain why.

Life Orb on Foretress is a bad idea, just because it loses its Sturdy. I know it is to boost Explosion Power, but if you need to use Rapid Spin? Then you Spin, lose ypur Sturdy, and Foretress os KO'd by a strong attack. Look, use Normal Gem, it is way more powerful, and useful, because Foretress won't stand more than 2-3 turns anyway.

Stealth Rocks on Armaldo is good, but it will be better to use Rock Polish and 252Atk/252Speed Adamant nature, so Armaldo can sweep.

Choice Band Scissor may be good, but use Bug Bite over X-Scizor. Bug Bite has 90 Power, and the latter 80. Or use Superpower for coverage.

It is a bad idea not to use Quiver Dance on Venomoth. Use it over Stun Spore.

Use Life Orb on Galvantula, because Galvantula really apreciates 30% boost. Believe me, it is much better, and Galvantula has average defences anyway. But Moves are good.

I have nothing to say about Volcarona, life orb benefits it.
Well, that's it:)
I don't think Venomoth actually appears in Emerald. I'm considering Pinsir, but I don't want to use two pokemon of the EXACT same type (Illumise/Volbeat). If I can't use anything else, maybe Pinsir, or possibly Ninjask could do?
Pineco does. Use Foretress then, or Masquerain:)
Username: Elysian
Favorite thing about Bug-types? They're soft and squishy! And they do have some awesome designs, among with unique cries, Yanmega and quick levelling
Accepted!

Last edited:

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
The team is good, but mot so good. I'll explain why.

Life Orb on Foretress is a bad idea, just because it loses its Sturdy. I know it is to boost Explosion Power, but if you need to use Rapid Spin? Then you Spin, lose your Sturdy, and Foretress os KO'd by a strong attack. Look, use Normal Gem, it is way more powerful, and useful, because Foretress won't stand more than 2-3 turns anyway.

Yeah i agree with this , i just need to find one lol and thats been taking a while.

Choice Band Scissor may be good, but use Bug Bite over X-Scizor. Bug Bite has 90 Power, and the latter 80. Or use Superpower for coverage.

Mmm doing this would be pretty wise, atm i dont really want to breed n what not though.. But i definitely need to do this, get bug bite that is.

It is a bad idea not to use Quiver Dance on Venomoth. Use it over Stun Spore.

This may be the one thing i couldn't disagree with you more though. Venomoth could do well in some situations with a quiver dance, however, ill talk you through a scenario that has unfolded almost every game i use venomoth.
Because of the sleeping clause, which states its illegal to put more than one pokemon on your opponents team to sleep at any time. You cant actually incapacitate more than one poke with venomoth, instantly. And bug teams need these small advantages.
This is what happens: Venomoth uses sleep powder, puts the pokemon to sleep. Then 90% of the time your opponent WILL switch out i can almost garrente this! So, i just use a stun spore on the second turn which cripples the fire type/ threat . After its paralyzed if it can still hurt my venomoth my armaldo will be able to out-speed it.
When bug teams are concerned this play for myself anyway, has been quite successful.

Use Life Orb on Galvantula, because Galvantula really apreciates 30% boost. Believe me, it is much better, and Galvantula has average defences anyway. But Moves are good.

True, i acutaly switch between an expert belt and a choice scarf because the sucker punch can be very very usefull

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So, competetive gurus I look at y'all as. How does Speed Boost, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Double Team and Bug Buzz work for an in-game Yanmega?

Celestial Moth

So, competetive gurus I look at y'all as. How does Speed Boost, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Double Team and Bug Buzz work for an in-game Yanmega?

what ray said ay, give it wide lens so that hypnosis will actually hit.
BUt i think double team is an illegal move now? =/

Schade

Metallic Wonder
yes, it is in-game. and she does hold the wide lens.
Double team is a big part of the big picture. hypnosis first, then double team-spam while my speed boosts. Mwahahah

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It did sweep my friends entire team. lol
Even a Rhyperior, Aggron and Claydol. (He likes the bulky ones. Defenses y'know)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Bug type club? :3 Life just got 2217% cooler.

Username: dirkac
Favorite thing about Bug-types? they're cute, strong, beuatiful, can be very defensive, colorfull, and great companions to have!

Also, to anwser topics here... I used Masquerain in all my Hoenn games. Masquerain fan for oife :p. I used Galvantula in White/Black2, Dustox and Beautifly in Platinum, Mothim in Diamond, Vespiquen in Pearl, and Leavanny in White.

Note: 2217 spells out Bug.

PS, how idi I help with this club?

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yes.. Galvantulas are awesome with their compondeyes and Thunder!
I think I used one as well in my first White walkthrough

Celestial Moth

Thanks to the help of a clan member of TEG named BATS ( Shout out to bats on xat lol )

I'm remaking my bug team with a few more addition and or strategies to combat our ever growing enemies lol
I'm gonna introduce these 2 pokemon for support towards my sweepers whos gonna get some mods, volcarono.

313.gif

Volbeat
@Focus Sash
Nature:bold
Ability: Prankster
~Baton Pass
~tail Glow
~encore
~thunder wave/attract

589.gif

Escavalier
@ Leftovers
Nature:Sassy
Ability: Shell Armor
~Attract
~swagger
~Pursuit
~Giga Impact

Plus ill be adding block to my Forretress.
The reasoning behind this is so that i can power up my volcarona to an obscene amount. While incapacitating one poke. Baton pass over to it carrying the tail glow and sweep with choice scarf. If anything defeats the volcarona i can still incapacitate with these pokes to a degree and the remaining pokes should be handled by scizor i'd imagine.

Note: 2217 spells out Bug.

Welcome to the club bro, by the way how does 2217 mean bug lol? I mean, if it does that's pretty cool haha.
When Ray comes on he'll add you officially :D

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Likes Attract, do we? lol
I too like Attract.. But Isn't Volbeat very fragile?

Celestial Moth

Likes Attract, do we? lol
I too like Attract.. But Isn't Volbeat very fragile?

Oh yeah to a degree lol. Hes a very beautiful delicat bug but. In the right situation its got pottential.
For example my forretress is facing a male or female opponent, it uses block,stealth rocks and if its still alive i switch out and into my excavalier. THen depending on male or female i use attract or swagger. If i can use both on it with escavalier then i switch out and into volbeat.
Ones volbeats in i use t wave.
Now i start to wiggle its tail a little and create some spa booosts, use batton pass onto volcarona and sweep sweep sweep.
Thats the plan atleast lol

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh yeah. Bug love is just....... Bug love...

Nice strategy, I think. A bit difficult to pull off, isn't it?
Stuff can Taunt you!

Celestial Moth

Oh yeah. Bug love is just....... Bug love...

Nice strategy, I think. A bit difficult to pull off, isn't it?
Stuff can Taunt you!

That's very true, thats why i have to think over which pokemon im gonna block with my forretress to prevent escape ;)
After hes locked in, he/she's gonna become my loveeeee prisoner *venomoth puts on barry white* for my bugs hahahaha.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Unless it has a Fire-Type move.... nothing survives that...
Or if it is a Rock, Ghost or Steel-Type. lol

Celestial Moth

Unless it has a Fire-Type move.... nothing survives that...
Or if it is a Rock, Ghost or Steel-Type. lol

Hmm that is true, worst case scenario is that my foretress gets defeated with a fire move after i land a block on it, and then it k0s, either my volbeat and or escavalier.But i'd switch into my volbeat take the first hit while landing either attract and or t wave, and then my second move will incapacitate that pokemon.
But if it is a fire type, i wont even attempt that play ya no.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I like Ambipoms with Fire Punch...
You'll never know where the Fire-Type moves pop out. Remember the fire-breathing octopus

Status
Not open for further replies.