• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Building a Battle Tower Doubles team.

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Hey, as the title suggests I'm going to get started on a BT Doubles team.
Movesets aren't fully decided yet but a few moves are.

Altaria [Adamant] @LifeOrb
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-

Marowak [Adamant] @ThickClub {RockHead}
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Double Edge
-

Glaceon [Modest] @ ?? (Already trained.)
EVs: 252 S.Atk. 252 Speed. {27 S.Atk IV's}
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Water Pulse
-

Absol [Jolly] @Scope Lens {SuperLuck}
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-X-Scissor

The basic idea of opening with Marowak/Altaria is to have Marowak repeatably EQing, while Altaria DD's once or twice and then start nuking.

This is my first proper BT team, all of my other teams are just random pokemon thrown in together.

Comments and thoughts please, make changes anywhere, I can swap moves/natures. I'll be reluctant to change some pokemon but I will do it if by all means it's necessary.

Last edited:

arceus03

Earthquake on Altaria hurts Marowak, even if it's not much. I'd rather use a special Altaria, seeing that Marowak is already physical.

dpmfa334.png

Altaria, Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Item: Choice Specs
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
It requires good prediction to use though.

Ice Punch + Fire Punch on Marowak if you have access to Emerald, otherwise Earthquake/Stone Edge/Brick Break/SD. Like randomn00b once put it, Double Edge, even without recoil, is meh if you don't get STAB.

Fake Tears should be Glaceon's last move. A Fighting Pokemon would pose a problem for the second pair as much as an Ice Pokemon does for the first one.

If you're really sure that Absol can take a hit to SD, go ahead. Otherwise, Focus Sash > Scope Lens. Even that is not good enough seeing that Absol's base speed is only 70, 77 with Jolly.

dpmfa359.png

Absol, Jolly (+Speed, -SAtk)
Item: Choice Scarf
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge

Like Altaria, he requires good prediction to use..

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
^Yay me being mentioned in an intelligent rant.

Superpower>X-Scissor on Absol, assuming that this is Post Platinum.

The only hits Absol is going to be "taking" are Psychic/Ghost/Dark hits, or Luvdisc Tackles. You pick.

Edit: Oh great. Another Scizor/KingKingler. Just because you <3 Electivire doesn't justify him using it.

Last edited:

arceus03

^Yay me being mentioned in an intelligent rant.

Why, thank you~

Superpower>X-Scissor on Absol, assuming that this is Post Platinum.

Superpower's attack and defense reducing effect might pile up after some turns, but considering you're using a Choice Scarf Absol then it might be good, as Choice item users tend to switch out a lot.

The only hits Absol is going to be "taking" are Psychic/Ghost/Dark hits, or Luvdisc Tackles. You pick.

And Magikarp's Bounce xD

A ResTalking Glaceon as Shiny Trainer once proposed might also be used.

dpmfa471.png

Glaceon, Calm (+SDef, -Atk)/Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Item: Leftovers
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam

A Steel Pokemon easily takes care of this, though.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
A ResTalking Glaceon as Shiny Trainer once proposed might also be used.

lol, I thought no one remember that :p

A Steel Pokemon easily takes care of this, though.

Water Pulse is an option instead of Shadow Ball, it's a matter between power or coverage.