• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Buizel Your Way Outta This! (502)

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
If I understood correct than Nozomi said she came to catch a water Pokémon and at the end of the episode said she stays there to catch one
She also said the next contest is at Hearthome and both her and Dawn will participate in it
So maybe in that contest we'll see what water Pokémon Nozomi caught? if thats must be a DP one so I think the only possible ones are Shellos or Bidoof's evolution

And after watching that episode it's even more obvious that Ash and Dawn will trade Aipom and Buizel
They used contest battle style to confuse Buizel and Buizel's battle style is really like regular/gym battles while Aipom likes contests and Nozomi already suggested in DP12 that Ash should give it to Dawn (and also they probably want to show more trades in DP to advertise Wi-Fi) and before people will start with the whole "Ash and Dawn like their Pokémon and won't trade" this is a special case since that trade will make these Pokémon to be able to do what they really want instead of forcing them to throw away their dreams

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
If I understood correct than Nozomi said she came to catch a water Pokémon and at the end of the episode said she stays there to catch one
She also said the next contest is at Hearthome and both her and Dawn will participate in it
So maybe in that contest we'll see what water Pokémon Nozomi caught? if thats must be a DP one so I think the only possible ones are Shellos or Bidoof's evolution

And after watching that episode it's even more obvious that Ash and Dawn will trade Aipom and Buizel
They used contest battle style to confuse Buizel and Buizel's battle style is really like regular/gym battles while Aipom likes contests and Nozomi already suggested in DP12 that Ash should give it to Dawn (and also they probably want to show more trades in DP to advertise Wi-Fi) and before people will start with the whole "Ash and Dawn like their Pokémon and won't trade" this is a special case since that trade will make these Pokémon to be able to do what they really want instead of forcing them to throw away their dreams

Black/Light

Can someone show me where I can see this?

Dax

Legend
You don't even know what Buizel wants or what Buizel's dreams are. Did he tell Dawn that he wanted to be in gyms? No. Why are you suddenly talking about Buizel's dreams if you clearly don't know them? There was nothing in this episode stating that they will trade. That's just speculations of you not a fact.

Winged_Psychic

[spoil]
ok-2.png
FTW!![/spoil]
I think this episode was very good, Nozomi was great too. I dont know whats wrong with Dawn having two water Pokemon is wrong since shes a coordinator she won't be battling much anyway.

Black/Light

(My post from another site that relates to this. . . )

Wow. . . .I don't see how you all think THIS Buizel is perfect for Ash.

The only thing I think that this Buizel has in common with Grovyle is that they are both strong and train themselves. . . .Thats it. Grovyle was a calm, cool pokemon that kicked ***, this Buizel seems to be a rude ***-hole that kicks ***. (I call taking other's fishing rods, trying to fight anything around and attacking fainted/ laid out pokemon or pokemon that haven't even left their trainers sholder rude, ***-hole like beheavor. He even pushed Pip down in the preview for the next one. . . a team mate damn it! )

I really see Dawn having problems with him latter on until he gets with the program and shows some control.

. . . And why the would they trade Buizel and Aipom after this? This is GREAT character development! And at the end of the day Buizel got his *** kicked (and saved) by Dawn and her contast tactics which showed him that she aint a push-over AND that she cared about him. He seems to respect her more than the others now (Im guessing this because he actually wanted to battle her and Pip after they saved him). Seeing Dawn turn his style into something less brutish and more contast-ish is going to be interesting along with the semi power stuggle between them.

And this "wifi in the games mean that they might trade" BS needs to stop. Trading has been important in the games sence the first one yet the anime has always done it's own thing. Why would that change now? Why would Buizel want to go to a trainer who had his chance (with his strongest pokemon) to catch him but couldn't well another trainer shut him down by using her head with tactics that landed him on his ***? Because gym pokemon are stronger and contast pokemon are weaker (even if there are bad asses like Flygon and Absol out there doing contast)? Because they fight in a way that he is use to (well he got pimp slapped by a contast pokemon who used tactics that lead to him getting KOed. . . meaning that said pokemon with said tactics was STRONGER than him and his tactics)?

I will say this agian. . . I don't see it happening.

(Also, wouldn't wi-fi trading in the anime be best seen with Ash trading with, sayyyyyy, someone like May or Misy who is in a different regoin than he is? Really. . . )

-The Advance Adventure BGM returns after a long hiatus during Pikachu vs. Buizel. The whole cue, and it was awesome. And the ending battle of the episode was one of the few times where the theme song medley was appropriate for the miraculous comeback Piplup made.

-I can totally see Buizel keeping his voice in the dub. It's cool and I love it.:D

-Brock sounded like he was having an orgy huggling that egg.:redface:

-Heh, Misty lure. She send it by Pidgeot-Air or something?:p

Gravy

Contaminated KFC

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This ultimately will result in the break down of everything we know and would mean the counteraction of the negative ions in Ash's body would conflict with each other causing him to decay into a pile of goo in a matter of 7 days thus making Dawn the new hero to begin her reign as Weak Chick Sidecharacter of the Fairy Tale Anime with it's new, horrible green mountains and pink floor tiles AND those moving backgrounds of doom which would basically make the show horrific and unwatchable.

Or, like Ash will just find another Pokemon and life will move on. You know, since he doesn't really need a Buizel.

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
-The Advance Adventure BGM returns after a long hiatus during Pikachu vs. Buizel. The whole cue, and it was awesome. And the ending battle of the episode was one of the few times where the theme song medley was appropriate for the miraculous comeback Piplup made

Either you ment Battle Frontier, or I should pay more attention.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Well, Whirlpool seems to be stuck in place as Pochama's finisher now.

I can see why people want Buizel on Ash's team. That otter kicks arse. Buizel vs Natane's Turtwig would have Owned really hard. And just Aqua Jet remind anyone else of a certain Sea Crown?

So Nozomi's getting herself a water-type. That's gonna be different, since I can't think of one off-hand that goes well with Glameow and Misdrevous...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Buizel is hardcore, yo. This is going to be a very fun Pokemon to see in future eps.
-Of course, Pochama's pride makes it go through the obligatory sudden improvement in the rock climbing-waterfall jumping thing. Which in turn leads Buizel to challenge it again, as far as I could tell.
-Oh dear, a Misty reference before a May one's even made...well, I suppose whining from a certain someone won't seem that bad with all the "DUDE THE HELL WHY DIDN'T ASH GET BUIZEL" complaining that'll go on for who knows who long.
-The whole "training" sequence was amusing, especially with all the "O_O" and "-_-" faces we got out of Brock, Hikari, and Nozomi.
-Note how Ash did try to catch Buizel, but he gave up after the first try whereas Hikari tried multiple times. Furthermore, he was happy for Hikari when she caught it(okay, that's just how he is, but it's no more ridiculous than some of the reasoning used in attempts to prove that Ash "should" get Buizel).
-In the end, the real lesson to be learned is...if you want to catch something, ask the Pokeball "please" twice. Just once doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

Maestro Kinético

I didn't like this epp at all, apart from the fact that I don't want Buizel to belong to down it was very boring, just battles against Buizel over and over again. Nozomi's appearance was not well used, she didn't do anything. The battles where very cheap an unfair.

The only thing I liked was Misty's bait.

Awesome episode!! Buizel is too awesome! Although I think it's awesome with Dawn, I could see why people wanted for Ash. But still, Dawn and Buizel is going to be an awesome team. The battles in this episode were so cool imo. And to add with that, Nozomi/Dawn/Brock expression = hilarious! Also, it was great that Misty got mentioned. I mean after narrating the trivia pokemon anniversary stuff, it does seem that she would be mentioned sooner or later right? Hopefully we get to hear about May and/or Max next.

BUT to be back on topic, this episode was awesome! The battles, Buizel, the characters...I think it was great.

Note: Can't wait to see what Nozomi and Ash get now that Brock and Dawn just got new pokemon so yeah, this episode brought a lot to mind.

uber gon

Accept Change
Misty sent it to Ash in "The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing", back in AG... :)

Didn't the lure have a peace sign hand gesture though?

Dax

Legend
To be honest, it was not my favorite episode. I liked Buizel and his attitude was very different and interesting. It's definitely a new kind of challenge for Dawn. He looks like a powerhouse and Dawn needed one. I have to say that well done to the writers.

I just thought that there were too much battles instead of an actual plot. I loved that Nozomi was present and especially that she used her Glameow for the battle. I really love that pokemon. It's one of those pokemons that you can see that fight with passion. Shadow Claw is one hell of an attack and the way that it deflected the attack (?) from Buizel with the Fury Swipes was really amazing. It's definitely one of the best that I have seen so far.

The battles were nice, especially the Pikachu vs. Buizel. To be honest I'm really tired of Pikachu being defeated. I mean, by a Buizel? The Volt Tackle didn't defeat Buizel? You disappoint me Pikachu.

Buizel's Aqua Jet looks so awesome that think Dawn will a have an amazing performance using it. No matter if she uses Buizel in the appealing round or in the battle round, she's definitely with an amazing pokemon for contests.

Brock scared me. I mean, did he have to moan so much to express that he was happy with the egg?

And, I'm really getting tired of Pochama. I love his attitude but now it's just too much. Show Pachirisu and Buneary. It's like she only remembers that she has Piplup.

I miss Aipom.:(