• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Buizel Your Way Outta This! (502)

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
To be honest, it was not my favorite episode. I liked Buizel and his attitude was very different and interesting. It's definitely a new kind of challenge for Dawn. He looks like a powerhouse and Dawn needed one. I have to say that well done to the writers.

I just thought that there were too much battles instead of an actual plot. I loved that Nozomi was present and especially that she used her Glameow for the battle. I really love that pokemon. It's one of those pokemons that you can see that fight with passion. Shadow Claw is one hell of an attack and the way that it deflected the attack (?) from Buizel with the Fury Swipes was really amazing. It's definitely one of the best that I have seen so far.

The battles were nice, especially the Pikachu vs. Buizel. To be honest I'm really tired of Pikachu being defeated. I mean, by a Buizel? The Volt Tackle didn't defeat Buizel? You disappoint me Pikachu.

Buizel's Aqua Jet looks so awesome that think Dawn will a have an amazing performance using it. No matter if she uses Buizel in the appealing round or in the battle round, she's definitely with an amazing pokemon for contests.

Brock scared me. I mean, did he have to moan so much to express that he was happy with the egg?

And, I'm really getting tired of Pochama. I love his attitude but now it's just too much. Show Pachirisu and Buneary. It's like she only remembers that she has Piplup.

I miss Aipom.:(

It's kind of hilarious if you think about how many times Pikachu's static ability could have kicked in during that battle as much as Buizel came into physical contact with it. Buneary? I just want it to have more screentime. :(

uber gon

Accept Change
It's kind of hilarious if you think about how many times Pikachu's static ability could have kicked in during that battle as much as Buizel came into physical contact with it. Buneary? I just want it to have more screentime. :(

Well, Pikachu's static has only a 30% chance of working in the games.

Maybe Buizel just got lucky.

zainhigh

u see guys ash will capture buizel and did u guys have any gueses which will be ash 6th and final pokemon i think it will be a fire type

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
lol

Anyone else want to take this?
I would, but I think I lost my will to live about 2 words into the sentance.

...But that ain't going to stop me giving my thoughts on what was truly one buoy of an episode!!!

I like Pokémon battles, I like gung-ho fighting spirits and I like Buoysel and Pochama rage. Therefore, logic dictates that I, the scourge of the animé section (a self-appointed title I might add!), would enjoy an episode of this calibre.
Logic was once again correct, as I did indeed enjoy this episode...y'know, despite a couple of painful flaws. Though those flaws in particular are mainly feeding off my own twisted personal bias, so they're nothing to worry about. Though I will say this - Nozomi needs to do something more interesting than crit Team Rocket's motto, ASAP.

I really like how they handled Aqua Jet. Attacks like that have a rather unhealthy habit of falling into the same 'charge and hit' niche as many other techniques that follow the same basic structure, but they spiced it up by actually enabling Buoysel to weave through the air within it's watery tube. He's got a lot more control over the attack than say, Pikachu when he uses Volt Tackle, or Muku.BIRD when he uses Aerial Ace. So thumbs up there.
And of course there's Buoysel himself, who was, as many have already stated, a very awesome character. He's a lot like Treecko+evos in many ways, although the differences in attitude are clear and help separate the two personalities from one another. Being somewhat arrogant, letting those random strangers train alongside it, hitting a feline when it's down. Those were aspects that I thought were the most engaging.

Maestro Kinético

The animation could have been better, but why were they "cheap an unfair"?

Pikachu looses against Buizel lol, static electricity and Buizel is short of a flying Pokemon too. It was just very unfair. If I was Ash I wouldn't have let Hikari catch it. 'You already have a watyer type and two Pokemon that you don't remember about!'

TeddiUrsa

Pikachu looses against Buizel lol, static electricity and Buizel is short of a flying Pokemon too. It was just very unfair. If I was Ash I wouldn't have let Hikari catch it. 'You already have a watyer type and two Pokemon that you don't remember about!'

I think Ash underestimated Buizel a little bit. It was his own fault because he almost did nothing to command pikachu after buizel escaped his pokeball.
If pikachu would have used thunder underwater while buizel was kicking it it would have been a different situation I guess.

I guess you´re net the best travelling partner to choose from xD
I guess Misty or Brock shouldn´t have allowed Ash to catch Chicorita because of Bulbasaur, right?
Or what about Brock and Mudkip when he already owned a lotoad?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Besides, it was Buoysel that challenged Hikari a second time anyway. Why would Ash have any say in the matter?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Ash: "Don't catch that Pokemon Dawn...you already have a water type! Let me catch it!"

Dawn: "Okay, dai-jou-bu(izel)!"

So, basically Ash has the authority to not let Dawn catch a strong Pokemon?

Dax

Legend
I think that one was one of the clearest things in the episode. Hikari saved Buizel so he gave her the opportunity to catch it. Ash had nothing to do because Buizel never asked Ash to battle, he asked Hikari.

uber gon

Accept Change
I think that one was one of the clearest things in the episode. Hikari saved Buizel so he gave her the opportunity to catch it. Ash had nothing to do because Buizel never asked Ash to battle, he asked Hikari.

Which makes a lot of sense.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
This episode has to be my favorite capture episode with the torkal one in close persuit.

seriously though buizel rocks my world, I coudn't care less who gets him just as long as someone gets him he's just that awesome.

music was very good too, it got really dramatic whenever buizel was almost captured, and they used my favorite theme at the begining of pochama's rematch with buizel, I don't remember what it was though.

Also loved the constant action battles back to back to back, gotta love it.

let's see what else... oh aqua jet=very cool signature move

also like the shot of buizel eating a berry with the what the hell do you want face.

hmm Nozomis glameow, reminds me of some sterotypical sexy cat lady on tv,hmm, catwoman? oh well.

oh and speaking of glameow getting hit by buizel while it was down like that was just awesome, gotta love the bullies.

the only thing I didn't like was brock mollesting that egg of his, I thought he was a responsible breeder. jk.

oh and piplups sudden power to disregard the forces of gravity, I thought penguins COUDN'T fly.

ah well, still an EXTREMLY good episode one of my favorites so far in d/p

there needs to be a buizel fan club NOW!!!

*puts up a wall to stop the arguing of "Ash should have Buizel not Dawn" from advancing.*

Sorry, but I needed to do that to get your attention.

Now, it has come to the Pokeshipper's Thread's attention that the Misty lure made an appearance. With there being a fight over it between Ash and Dawn, it has become a symbolized hint within the earlier mentioned thread.

Now, I'm for hints and all of one of my favorite shippings within the Anime, but I would like some real deal proof. You see, one Anti-Pokeshipper came in all calm, not bashing one bit, said that it's not a hint, gave some bits of proof to his point of view and gets blamed for bashing when he didn't just because he said it wasn't a hint.

With this happening, it needs to stop with the only logical way of it being done, getting the hard facts.

So here's what I (and others within the Pokeshipping thread) want to know is, from the point of where Ash took out the Misty lure to the point where a fight over it broke out, what exactly was said?

We want the EXACT translation, for it is the only thing that will end this debate for good. We want nothing less than that.

Thank you for your time and attention, and I hope you people who know how to translate properly will help us out here. :)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Bui!

Buizel's voice was sweet, and it perfectly fit with "Dai-jo-bu". Gasp!

Buizel also had a neat battle style, and I saw nothing that made that less suited for Contest then people have insiniuated...

So, in short, Buizel kicks ***. And this is from someone who really didn't care about the species.

R_N

Says the person that has had a Buzel avatar sicne before the episode aired.

I honestly can't wait to see this episode in motion(and, you know, hear it all), as I really want to see the fights in aciton. Shadow CLaw looks awsoem, BTW.

And are those fishing rods that buizel takes trophys of his triumphs?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Says the person that has had a Buzel avatar sicne before the episode aired.

I just did that to show the "OMIGOD! BUIZEL CAN'T BE IN A CONTEST!" a...well, BUIZEL IN A CONTEST!

I need to change it though...to something more my taste.

P13

Good episode. Buizel will hopefully become Dawn's main contest battle Pokemon and fight some strong opponents.

So Nozomi will catch a water Pokemon? Probably a Finneon. That would fit with her other femme fatale Pokemon. Milotic would be good too, but I don't think I could ever see her owning a Feebas.

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
That Buizel was awesome. I loved the battle! Buizel bet Ash, Dawn and Nozomi in a row, how cool is that. We know it for sure; that Buizel is very strong, he even bet Pikachu! I only hope in a next battle with Buizel, he doesn't get beaten so easily!

Buizel is the best! And definitely my new favorite pokémon of Diamond & Pearl.