• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Buizel Your Way Outta This! (502)

buneary dude

I liked this episode too. When I saw the beggining when they show Ash throw a Poeball i said in a typical tone, "Gee I wonder who catches it" And I was wrong! Dawn captured Buizel! Unexpecting, but a good way to stir things up. I hope that there are more episodes like this.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
In a way Buizel kinda reminds me of Treeko.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well Buizel may remind us of Treeko but in the same time he seems to be a caharcter completly on his own. A perfect addition to Dawns already perfect team.

zeno48

Zaker!
Do you guys think that misty's lure implies that she might make a return later on in the series?
Anyways a great episode but awkward since Ash could not capture buizel and Dawn was able too.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well her Japanese VA implied that Misty will return so she will probably return but when, thats the question. The lure scene in itself is however no foreshadowing of her return, unless they make her return very soon and Dawn goes:

"Misty...yeah the lure- girl!" I really think that when Misty returns she [Dawn] know a bit more about her than just that she gave Ash a lure.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well her Japanese VA implied that Misty will return so she will probably return but when, thats the question.

That is false, her Japanese VA said to "look forward to another appearance" after she hosted the first 10th anniversary special in Japan, and about a week later she returned to host the second 10th anniversary special in Japan. After that one, she never said anything about making another appearance.

Its really sad how out of control this rumour became. Her VA was talking about TRIVIA shows, Misty's actual CHARACTER has never been confirmed to be showing up in D/P.

Rapiido

....Bwee-zuhl? I always expected it to be Boo-ee-zuhl. Whatever.

Episode was awesome, definitely one of the new voice actor's better episodes.

Rebeccag

i really enjoyed this episode thought it was good the three characters trying to capture buizel. i liked buizel too it had a confidence about itself that i liked. Also nice to see misty make an apparence even if it was just the lure. Good episode ^_^

P13

Its too bad they weren't able to replace the "Daijo--!"-"Bui!" line from the original. Although "No need to wor--!"-"Bui!" would not have sounded as good.

uber gon

Accept Change
Zoey schooled TR.:D

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
This episode sucked.... There is no way that that could happen... stupid writers. If pikachu just did a thunderbolt underwater he would have been out. That volt tackle should of had no problem defeating it in the first place. ughh. anyways the animation is awesome in this episode. Buizel looks so cool when it jumps out of the water holding on to dawns line. Dawn couldnt catch it she has no experince pikachu has years and a huge advantage. The writers were just on crack writing it. They should have just had dawn fight it and beat it in the first place so Ash fans (Me being the NUMBER ONE) wouldnt be in awe and so irritated.

Dax

Legend
You obviously need to take a look at the Anime Spoiler Forum so you can know what is probably going to happen with Buizel.

Go and see how it seems that Ash is trading his Aipom for Buizel. I'm not saying it's a fact but it seems like that and if it is like that then it will introduce new ways to get a pokemon. That is called creativity and breaking thew mold which I'm sure can't be classified as something negative for the writers.

uber gon

Accept Change
I just liked TR getting schooled by Zoey.:)

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Actually Ash and Pikachus attemt was a little bit un-fitting when you say it. Pikachu should have won the battle, but they had to create a counterpart to Piplups attemts to fight the Buizel (well maybe a longer Glameow vs. Buizel match) but in the end Ash and Pikachus attempt was the most logical. And remember, Piplup had no chance while battling "gym-like" but overcome the problems by fighting as in a Contest.

So in the end the way Dawn catched the Buizel was the best, even if one could pin-point some logical flaws.

And yes, still can´t forget Zoeys apperences, I am so happy about her character. The very way she said her comments about TR was as great as what she said. :D

Last edited:

-Sonansu!-

Not A Happy Camper
Do you guys think that misty's lure implies that she might make a return later on in the series?
Anyways a great episode but awkward since Ash could not capture buizel and Dawn was able too.

What's weird is, they only showed that lure in one other episode I can think of, and that was "The Legend of Miniryuu" which got banned here. o_O

That would be kinda cool if she showed up again (heck, maybe him showing off that lure is foreshadowing in a way) but I doubt she'll come back anytime soon.

This episode was cool. Even though I'm not a fan of Buizel, Zoey had some very funny lines, like what she said after Ash and Pikachu tried to jump into the waterfall.

Actually, Zoey was firing on all cylinders for this episode. It took them one episode to make a ho-hum character into quite an interesting one. How do they do it?

Leona

YOU JELLY?
Oh my goodness, I loved this episode so much. And to think, Dawn got a really tough looking Pokemon :p
Heh well it still bothers me about the 2 water pokemon thing but i'll eventually get over it D:. However it feels like Dawn still doesnt know how to handle that kind of Buizel :| i mean look at it, a tough looking pokemon like that with a 10 year old girl for a trainer D:
lol It just doesnt seem right to me, If you ask me, Ash should of gotten it because that pokemon goes well with him, and well for Dawn, I dont think so.

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
Buizel is cool though I think Ash should have catched it

uber gon

Accept Change
What's weird is, they only showed that lure in one other episode I can think of, and that was "The Legend of Miniryuu" which got banned here. o_O

That would be kinda cool if she showed up again (heck, maybe him showing off that lure is foreshadowing in a way) but I doubt she'll come back anytime soon.

This episode was cool. Even though I'm not a fan of Buizel, Zoey had some very funny lines, like what she said after Ash and Pikachu tried to jump into the waterfall.

Actually, Zoey was firing on all cylinders for this episode. It took them one episode to make a ho-hum character into quite an interesting one. How do they do it?

Equivalent exchange. Neat characters for repetitive episodes.:(

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm not surprised that Buizel eventually ends up with Ash down the road, considering how tough a battler it is, but at least they surprise us in this episode with Dawn capturing Buizel. Buizel's been one of the more interesting Sinnoh pokemon. It's funny that Ash, Dawn, and Zoey all take their shot at capturing Buizel. I like Ash, Pikachu, and Piplup doing the waterfall training too. The surprise return of the mini-Misty lure was cute too.

gtab x3

After watching this episode again i see many parts that i disliiked or thoyght was stupid, for one why would ash want to catch a STRONG buizel when he tells paul that any pokemon can be good if you train it, like he just showed that he does not follow what he says

And why would ash and everyone else stop team rocket when they team rocket was just taking a wild pokemon, i mean wild pokemon are for everyone to take.