• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

bulbasaur, squirtle or charmander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Bulbasaur, and Squirtle can get you through the first gym.
Charmander is good for the first gym if you teach it metal claw.
I usually pick Charmander

abrar14

Statter Master
I usually pick bulbasaur because its good for the first few gyms.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Bulbasuar will help through the first few gyms (First 3 gyms in fact) Squirtle can help you with brock and blaine and giovinnio ect. Charmander is only helpful for erika so its really bulbasuar you might need.

Kalosian

So long
They all work, pick whichever you like the best. You might have trouble against the second gym if you pick Charmander, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Victory

Banned
I love Bulbasaur, so I would pcik him XD
But he is pretty good for the gyms, so is Squirtle, so any of those 2 is what I would pick. I'm not a big fan of Charmander

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They all work, pick whichever you like the best. You might have trouble against the second gym if you pick Charmander, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Which is why if you have charmander as your starter you catch a pikachu for extra back up against misty's staru-starmie. And possibly a grass type.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Charmander. I always choose fire type. Except when I choose Snivy in my second white version.

Fireflies

Aura Master
I always chose Charmander b/c in LF you can't get growlithe

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I personally think the other 2 are better then Bulbasaur because Bulbasaurs best move in 3rd gen (not including egg moves) is solarbeam and when you go to battle the champion it will be tough when your best move is one that takes up 2 turns to use.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'd go with Charmander if I were you. It's though getting through the first two gyms because of their types (1st Rock > Fire, 2nd Water > Fire). I'd suggest catching others to support him.

But when you use him more, It's worth it. He's fast, powerful, great moves and Charizard is one of the most awesome Pokemon out there. *hugs;006;*

I don't use the other two that much though, but they have a bigger advantage over the first two gyms and they have good movepools, but it's up to you :)

Larry

They're all nice but I'd prefer Squirtle first, then Charmander, then Blubasaur.

DarumakkaImposter

Blastoise can beat Venesaur with Ice beam and fire types with Surf or Hydro Pump. Earthquake can also deal with those. Squirtle can get you through a lot of things.

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
I really like Charmander, but it's horrible against the first few gyms. Squirtle is my favorite anyway, so I'd go with him, since he's good against the first gym, neutral against the second, but then crap against the third and fourth gyms...xD Although after that he's pretty good. And he's good to have overall ingame.

Pupmon1

Dark-Fire
IF you want a hard game pick Charmander.
For an easy game pick Blubasaur.
If you want a moderate game pick Squirtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.