• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bulbasaur & The Hidden Village (010)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
No doubt about it, this is a classic.

Bulbasaur was a strong, confident Pokemon (with a touch of arrogance), yet he was caring and capable of resolving conflicts in a matter of seconds. Heck, we've even got Pokemon mimicking him to this day (read: Turtwig). And Melanie, she was great too. An awesome companion for Bulbasaur, who created perfect harmony between him and Ash.

Glad to see him as part of Ash's team. Bulba-saur! ;001;

d_dan_n

<= Sabrina!
I loved this episode (as well as the squirtle and charmander ones) they are classics and i loved the story.

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.
This episode was alright. It was a nice start to the three episodes where Ash captures the starter Pokemon. I would've like it more if Misty had caught Oddish, though...Oh, well. That would completely ruin the fact that she's a water Pokemon trainer, seeing as grass types are super effective against water types.

Bulbasaur was an important and useful addition to Ash's team, and this episode was a very good debut of it.

firelovindocker

yea even though i think the chamander capture was the best this was still good

schrik

hysterical fan
Good episode.

I like that kind of pokemon arrogance. (bulbasaure)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I think the Tornado didn't make sense. The sucking the vacuum was doing and Pidgeotto's gust were both going in the same direction. Meh oh well. Was still a good scene. I don't like Bulbasaur that much though.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I love Bulbasaur, and i think it was great that it decided to join Ash.

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode is worth watching, since Ash and the Gang, including Team Rocket, falls down in said traps in the Hidden Village. I loved the way how they whined and complained about it. It goes to show you that Team Rocket hates those who imitate him since they love digging holes.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was really glad that Bulbasaur didnt become an Ivysaur, because it's just as fine as a Bulbasaur. Though, I did learn one thing about this episode, Pokemon will evolve when they want to or not. That's what I learned all the way back in 1999

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I can't understand why Misty would want to catch an Oddish.

She's a water Pokemon trainer and Oddish is a Grass type.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
This was one of my favorite Kanto episodes.
I loved that Bulbasaur wanted to protect the other Pokemon.
But I don't get why Misty wanted Oddish though.
It was nice that Ash caught his 3rd Pokemon and had 4.
I'm glad Ash caught bulbasaur it's all cute and cuddly but tough as well!
This episode made perfect sense to me.
Team rocket was funny with the sucking vacuum.
The lady that took care of the Pokemon that were sick was really nice.
I don't get the point of the name of the dub episode though.
Actually this is my favorite episode of all Pokemon episodes.
Two thumbs and 5/5 for a rating.
I really enjoy episodes where someone in the gang catches a Pokemon.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur <3
I loved this episode. The booby traps were hilarious & it was kind of ironic that Misty wanted to catch Oddish. I wish she would've...I think it would've been cool [she could've ended up with Bellossom]. I love Bulbasaur's protective & peaceful personality, it really cares about it's friends. I'm glad Ash caught Bulbasaur & i'm sooo glad it never evolved.

I give this episode a:
8.7/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think the battle between Pikachu and Bulbasaur was little rushed.
And it was great when Bulbasaur saved the poor pokemon in the forest...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pretty good to see Bulbasaur help out those Pokemon. It sure was scary though, too agressive.

I loved that Ash and Co. just stumbled upon the Hidden Village on accident. I liked that the COTD looked after abandoned Pokemon like Mr.Fuji in the games.

Great battle to catch Bulbasaur, 10/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was such a great episode. I always loved Ash's Bulbasaur and this episode shows you just how brave and kind it is, I was so happy that Ash caught him. Classic episode.

JohnLee

Pretty good to see Bulbasaur help out those Pokemon. It sure was scary though, too agressive.

I loved that Ash and Co. just stumbled upon the Hidden Village on accident. I liked that the COTD looked after abandoned Pokemon like Mr.Fuji in the games.

Great battle to catch Bulbasaur, 10/10

Too aggressive?! I loved Kanto because each and every single one of Ash's pokemon had character. I was surprised that misty would want to catch an oddish. Too bad she didn't get it.

On a side note, The 4th KIRA, I don't quite understand your scoring guide ._.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Seeing a Grass type starter protecting many pokemon is always good. It's cool that there are pokemon so kind like Ash's Bulbasaur. :)