• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (051)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Interesting, a Pokemon that doesn't want to evolve. Just like Pikachu.

I liked how the entire evolutionary set was in this episode, with Venusaur as the leader.

8/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved how Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve, because it wasn't ready enough.

And Venusaur was really strong, it was great to see it's power.

G50

No longer posting
Great episode. It was really cool to see Bulbasaur save the day, and learn Solarbeam in the process. Too bad this means he'll never evolve...

60/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was amazed at how Bulbasaur could actually resist evolution. It must be extremely strong if it could prevent itself from evolving like that, since it looked like it was really hard to do this.

I remember watching this episode with my friend, and we were both puzzled by Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve. We were left thinking, "Why wouldn't it want to be stronger...?!"

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
One of my favourite episodes ever. I love Bulbasaur, and just reading this has made me regret evolving mine recently on my new FR save file. :(

TheEpicGoomba

Cool to see Ivysaur,Venusaur and Rhyhorn. Very cool that Balbasaur showed TR with a Solarbeam. Sad Balbasaur will never evolve. 9/10

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Bulbasaur is my favourite Pokemon, so I was so happy to see it not evolve. :D Great episode.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
all this episode is bulbasaur being resistant to evolution but they may evolve it like they did with cyndaquil

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Bulbasaur wasn't 'resistant' to evolution, it specifically chose not to evolve.. it wants to stay in its basic stage permanently.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Bulbasaur wasn't 'resistant' to evolution, it specifically chose not to evolve.. it wants to stay in its basic stage permanently.

i doubt the writer will allow it to stay basic though

Venusaur was great bu i was dissapointed when Bulbasaur did not evovle seriously does Ashes pokemon have brain defects or something they should want to evolve(U ONLY GET BIGGER)

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It was nice to see the whole evolutionary set of Bulbasaur. I really don't understand why some of Ash's Pokémon don't want to evolve. Evolution isn't supposed to change the Pokémon mentally, only physically. Although somehow that wasn't the case for Charmeleon... Anyway it was still a bit of a boring episode. Nice to see Team Rocket being Solar Beamed!

This is a great episode. Cool to see how Bulbasaur can surpress the evolution process. The garden full of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur was nice as well. A good episode for Bulbasaur to learn Solarbeam. I love Ivysaur more than Bulbasaur, but I'm happy about the fact that Bulbasaur is still a Bulbasaur. I can't describe it well, but Ash's Bulbasaur just feels better as a Bulbasaur. Also good to see that unevolved Pokemon can be just as good as fully evolved ones, that's the lesson from this episode.

7threst

I enjoyed this episode - solely on the fact that this episode was meant for Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is probably the most strongest un-evolved Pokemon Ash has, and in my opinion, Bulbasaur remains to have that position all up to this day

Blessed

A nice episode focusing on Bulbasaur. I love how it didn't wanna be like everyone else who was evolved already. It doesn't have to be forced to do something it doesn't wanna do, which is why I liked this episode.

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
A great episode. Loved how it was mainly focus on Bulbasaur, since its pretty much my favorite starter. I wish it would have evolved, but I understand it didn't want to.. so I still enjoyed it. He is cute :3 I liked how Solarbeam was portrayed. It looked so powerful ^_^

LizardonX

Banned
Nice to see all the double standards people have. bulbasaur chooses not to evolve and everyone loves him. Piplup decides not to and its the worst thing in the world.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve was a real character-defining moment. Piplup merely copied Bulbasaur later on, so it wasn't as great a moment then.