• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (051)

Lucille

So glad Bulbasaur never evolved he's way cooler as a Bulbasaur

Being tackled by a Rhyhorn must not feel so well does it? But, it was cool seeing Bulbasaur use Solarbeam. I loved it when I was younger "Bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba"

ArmadaUGS

Really liked this episode too!
Bulbasaur is one of my favorite Pokemons so ofc I liked to see him get this episode. But I also really like a few things I would like to mention.

1: Even though EVERYONE expect him to evolve and Venasaur/all Ivysaur is getting really mad at him he is still doing what he thinks is the right choice. If more humans actually could stand up for what they truly want and not follow what the group thinks

2: The fact that even though Ash wanted Bulbasaur to evolve (at first) he did developed as a char here. He wanna become the best trainer ever but he see those Pokemons as so much more then just a tool to get him to the dreams he has. This special bound is very nice to see!

3: Pikachu trying to imitate Bulbasaur is so hilarious =)

NPT

Just a member
This was a great episode. The mysterious garden of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur was nice, I liked how Bulbasaur was not willing to evolve.

Bulbasaur learning Solarbeam was great. It was cool to see Bulbasaur proving that he could do well without evolving. Bulbasaur is the best of Ash's unevolved Kanto Pokémon in opinion, so it's nice to see him getting some character development.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was alright. I found Team Rocket to be hilarious in this episode, and they also broke the 4th wall which was nice. I wish Bulbasaur would have evolved though.
7.5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still applaud Bulbasaur's decision not to evolve here. I personally prefer un-evolved Pokemon, so I was pleased that Bulbasaur made himself an individual by deciding his own path. Aside from his choice and him learning Solar Beam to beat Team Rocket, I really liked how the mysterious garden looked.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
a shame that bulbasaur decided not to evolve, would've been nice to see ivysaur or better yet venasaur in ash's team alongside charizard, but then again, going with my older brother's theory/interpretation, it probably didn't want to evolve because it didn't want to end up like how charizard was at the time, a disobedient jerk, putting it lightly

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I felt bad for Bulbasaur when the other Bulbasaurs kidnapped him, plus him learning Solar Beam was cool. The garden looked pretty as well and Ash getting hit by Venusaur's vines was scary.

JudySpell

Banned
I like Ivysaur so I was anticipating Bulbasaur becoming one but then nothing happened. This episode should've included that and not just him learning Solarbeam. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I like Ivysaur so I was anticipating Bulbasaur becoming one but then nothing happened.

I thought that it was refreshing how things didn't go that way however cuz we had never seen a pokemon reject evolution before except Pikachu, but even then we didn't see him struggle like Bulbasaur did here.

Zoneman29

The real reason why Bulbasaur did not want to evolve because did not feel ready yet & will only evolve when it feel ready

Gillachu

Banned
Bulbasaur not wanting to evolve pissed me off since that's what Pokemon is mostly about. Meh, Ivysaur looks so much better too.

The real reason why Bulbasaur did not want to evolve because did not feel ready yet & will only evolve when it feel ready

I hope so. :)

Bulbasaur being harassed by the other ones made me feel bad for him, but I thught his Solarbeam looked great even better than in the games.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I've always wondered why his decision here was left open ended however given how he's never changed his stance on evolving since this episode. I think he should've been against evolving at all 100% here and given us closure. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that this was a good episode to show us that evolution isn't always the solution. When Pikachu went to comfort Fushigidane, I felt really nostalgic because I realized that Pikachu had also been determined not to evolve before. So I liked the continuity.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Bulbasaur learning Solar Beam was great. It was cool to see Bulbasaur proving that he could do well without evolving. Bulbasaur is the best of Ash's unevolved Kanto Pokemon in opinion, so it's nice to see him getting some character development.

Frankly, this episode should have ended with Ash's Bulbasaur evolving. Seriously, why not just give Ash Ivysaur here at such a good opportunity?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
When Pikachu went to comfort Fushigidane, I felt really nostalgic because I realized that Pikachu had also been determined not to evolve before. So I liked the continuity.

I did like that scene where Pikachu was talking to Bulbasaur, although I didn't really think about how Pikachu could relate to Bulbasaur's situation. Pikachu didn't have such a hard time as Bulbasaur tho since he didn't have the peer pressure.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Frankly, this episode should have ended with Ash's Bulbasaur evolving. Seriously, why not just give Ash Ivysaur here at such a good opportunity?

Just to play Devil's advocate: It's not like Ivysaur is that much better than Bulbasaur. I mean hell, they look extremely similar.