• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bullies!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I've been bullied for ages... mainly verbal bullying, being called names and such. I've also been physically bullied, cyber bullied and found notes pertaining to me... I hate it. It's guaranteed that someone will at least call me a stupid name every day. Sometimes it's people I don't know. I'm just so sick of it.

I feel powerless to stop it as well. If I tell a teacher (which is hard, since I need to know the culprit's name first), it doesn't necessarily stop them. Ignoring them means they call me rude (hypocrites), and reacting makes everything worse, since they either use what I said back at me or threaten to tell the teacher. T_T

I hate it when people, the bully themselves or otherwise, say 'oh, they're just joking'. Joking is NOT an excuse to put someone through hell! When you joke, you still can hurt other's feelings and you still need to accept responsibility. Same with going along with some stupid thing because someone else is doing it. People need to think for themselves. Bullying is a VERY serious issue.

However, the upside is that people who are bullied tend to end up to be very strong-minded, awesome people. =D And bullies usually end up with dull or bad lives. Can you say karma?

^^
No, merely Darwinism. Those who feel great pressure become more fit to survive by adapting to harsh situations that those who created the pressure, and did not feel it, would not.

Also, lots of people who get bullied also go insane or commit suicide, so you're lucky that you're not an absolute pussy.

Xhilla

I've been teased but bullied? No. I don't consider the two to be the same thing.

Flame Mistress

I've never been properly bullied, I don't think, if you don't count that girl who kept pushing me around and tripping me up because I was Asian. Thank god she's gone now. I've never been a bully either. I'm too nice to be one =)

1100th post, yippee.

Last edited:
I can't WAIT to get to college. People at my school treat others like crap because they think they're "all that" and stuff. No racism intended, but it's usually the negros that do over half the bullying.

^ HOORAY FOR BEING ASIAN! HIGH FIVE!

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
I can't WAIT to get to college. People at my school treat others like crap because they think they're "all that" and stuff. No racism intended, but it's usually the negros that do over half the bullying.

YEAH FOR BEING ASIAN!!! HIGH FIVE BACK!!!

...actually I'm white, but one of my best bro's is japanese so I think that counts. :p

Anyways, yes I was bullied...a lot....then I kicked the stuffing out of a few of them, and it stopped for a while, started again, etc.
Went to college, got some real friends, and graduated. Now I'm back to the same old BS, only this time its the 'professional' bullying most people call "being in the workforce".

Oh well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere...actually, its 5 in Louisiana I think...

denizenofevil

I was bullied throughout middle school. I was the shy quiet type and I was kind of a pushover. I was pretty sick and self conscious about my health so during gym class, I wore sweat pants instead of shorts because I was embarrassed about showing skin and people made fun of me for it. During health class, they boys around me would ask me inappropriate questions like, "Do you like boners" and stuff like that. I'm so glad that I got better and grew out of my quietness and that people matured eventually. I'm also glad that I graduated from high school and never have to see anyone from there again.

Last edited:

Aegon

I'm not bullied now and never have been, although there was a time when I was teased badly. However, I sorted that out, and it didn't last long. I just don't give people the chance to do so. I don't care what they think of me, I agree with any remarks they have. Those kind of people aren't worth my time. In a couple of years, I'll never have to talk to them again, anyway.

I admit it, I was a bully... like 2 or 3 years ago and I got myself in a lot of trouble. But now I'm trying to be a nice person, and I never got bullied.

*IZ*

Ever heard of the word "African American" the respectful way to say it.?

Its like me saying " Not to sound racist but its always Crackers that do the bullying" (usully not true)

Bullying sucks.

I believe why most people bully is because of peer pressure. If your peer group says that pushing and shoving and spitting on people or spreading lies is okay, even though you may have been taught differently in your home, you lose your moral compass.

I have been *slightly* bullied before in the past. I put it behind me, for I did not want it to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Victoria said:
It's pathetic and nice to know that some of them realise this when they grow up.

Agreed.

Subzerostupid

Walking Pokedex
I've been a victim from year one through to year 10 (now). I find that, if you just ignore them, they stop because it's no fun for them. Also, instead of the, quite frankly, racist notion of 'kick-a-ginger-day', I have proposed 'kick-a-bull-day' as a substitute on the end of anti-bullying week, and intend to follow through with it once November comes around.
Until then, I bully the bullies, when they bully someone.

Ive never had to deal with bullies (thankfully) and luckily my school had a very strict bullying policy so there was pretty much none.
Seriously, your school's anti-bullying policy WORKED?! That's a new one.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Middle school was hell for me as far as bullies go.

I just had to learn to develop thick skin :p

Mr. Guy

Banned
Bullies do it because they are jealous or afraid of you.

If you establish dominance and show them that you are not afraid, they will leave you online.

*IZ*

Bullies do it because they are jealous or afraid of you.

If you establish dominance and show them that you are not afraid, they will leave you online.

I got confused with the last word. Are you refering this to cyberbullying?

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
I swear I will never bully anyone, but you will PAY if you even consider bullying my friends. IDK if I get suspended, or expelled, or get the DEATH PENALTY. I will make you regret you even bullied them, that's how much I care about my friends.

Vernikova

Champion
I saw a couple of kids get bullied by people that I know but none of my friends have ever gotten bullied. To be honest, watching the kids get bullied was pretty funny. Even though I know it's not funny I couldn't help it. I suppose it's because I wasn't in their situation that I reacted that way.