• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Burn Deck (Unlimited)

kaidreil

Burn Deck (Unlimited)

Pokemon (22):
Volcarona (4) – Dark Explorers
Larvesta (4) – Dark Explorers
Ninetails (2) – Power Keepers
Ninetails (2) – Platinum Base Set
Vulpix (4) – Dragons Exalted
Uxie (2) – Diamond and Pearl Legends Awakened
Spiritomb (2) – Platinum Arceus
Sableye (2) – Diamond and Pearl Stormfront

Trainers (25):
Broken Time Space (3)
Colress (4)
Potion (4)
Cilan (1)
Bebe’s Search (3)

Mom’s Kindness (2)
Interviewer’s Question (1)
Rosanne’s Research (1)
Professor Elm’s Training Method (2)
Professor Oak (3)
Lucky Egg (1)

Energy (13):
Fire (12)
Call Energy (1) –

First off, I don’t have the resources to buy pokemon EX and other super expensive cards, so I’d like to preclude any cards like that. If there’s one that would be amazing suggest away, and I’ll keep it in mind. Second, the trainers are separated by a space, the ones below are cards I have and wouldn’t have to buy cards to replace. So yes, I’m aware they’re not the best choice and please, if there’s something that kicks it to the curb let me know!

General idea of the deck: get volcarona out and burn away. Opted for broken time space over full fire because of volcarona. Thoughts? I have two ninetails in here, one for status ailments and the other to trump pokemon ex I may face.

Specific questions: do I have too much general draw power versus search engine power? Should I take some out for switch or a similar card? Also Oak is just Juniper, thoughts on Oak/Juniper versus Oak’s new theory? And lastly I think I need a finisher pokemon in there and not sure what it should be again since I’m not willing to drop 10$+ on single cards.

Thanks in advance!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Sometimes you read a persons decklist and you get inspiration (a majority of reasons as to why I post half the time) Personally I'd run I line like this

3-3 volcarona Dark Explorers
4-4 houndoom prime
3-3 ninetails Dragons Exalted

4 Hypnotoxic laser
2-3 virbank
4 broken time-space

Now the reason as to why I ran more houndoom over volcarona was to get the burn flip faster, but the basic premise is to flip for the burn, get lucky on the flip on HTL so they get burn, poison and sleep (you might want to run 3-4 shadow triad to recycle the Hypnotoxic), so 150 + virbank is 180 perturn.

For you're T/S/S line I'd rather run it like this.

4 Broken Time Space
3 Rosanne’s Research
3 prof oaks new theory/copycat/juniper
4 Professor Oak
3 level ball
1 luxury ball
2 energy switch or shaymin from hgss unleashed
1-2 super rod
3-4 switch or 2/2 switch/float stone or escape rope or warp point (whatever you may have)
+ whatever (I usually like to play poke draw+ or item finder/cessation crystal)

Last edited: