• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Burn fire burn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudk

hates you.
Okay for everyone wondering what I was talking about Flame orb boosts the power of moves 1.3x same as life orb but it burns the user UNLESS THE USER IS A FIRE TYPE OR HAS SAFEGUARD OR IN MY CASE LEAF GUARD UP. FIRE TYPES CAN NOT GET BURNED AND THE BURNING EFFECT OF FLAME ORB IS NOT STACKABLE. PokeProMaster thank you as are an awesome rater I will revamp the team soon.

Flame orb dosen't gives you any boost unless you have guts,marvel scale or quick feet. Strategy ruined.
Seriously, read up on what items and pokemon do and don't do instead of posting new teams one after another only to make another team because the original dosen't.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Okay for everyone wondering what I was talking about Flame orb boosts the power of moves 1.3x same as life orb but it burns the user UNLESS THE USER IS A FIRE TYPE OR HAS SAFEGUARD OR IN MY CASE LEAF GUARD UP. FIRE TYPES CAN NOT GET BURNED AND THE BURNING EFFECT OF FLAME ORB IS NOT STACKABLE. PokeProMaster thank you as are an awesome rater I will revamp the team soon.

Just because it shares the word "orb" with Life Orb doesn't mean it does the same thing as it.

randomspot555

And just because it won't burn your fire type doesn't make it a useful item.

It's a pseudo status absorber, but there are dozens of other pokemon better suited at absorbing status. Moltres, Houndoom...and well, anybody, would be much better suited with a Choice item or Leftovers, or something actually useful.

That being said, slapping some useful items onto the Pokemon won't salvage this team.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I stopped reading when I saw Burn Orb on pretty much everything for no reason at all. The OP has no idea on how to cover basic threats, let alone build a weather team without getting severely compromised by the weaknesses that they inevitably carry. The fact that there's been some subpar advice going on in this thread doesn't help matters either.

I'll be asking a mod to close this, this thread is going nowhere.

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
scizor master that is spam and it is disrespectful to me as a person so I will be reporting you to the mods. Frost Nova must you be so rude? I'm to wheather teams and wanted to try it out. Just because someone is'nt as good as you does not mean you have to try to get my thread closed.

Reno

so adorable...
It is in the rules that you need a basic knowledge of competitive Pokemon. You do not have this knowledge, therefore you are breaking the rules.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Frost Nova must you be so rude? I'm to wheather teams and wanted to try it out. Just because someone is'nt as good as you does not mean you have to try to get my thread closed.

If I was just attempting to be mean I would have insulted every single person you know about and mocked every aspect of your being until you crawled into a hole moping and feeling insignificant.

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
I do have basic knowledge Aldred FellBlade so how about if you cant give a rate of the team then leave. I am breaking rules no as I have more than basic knowledge. If because I chose to do something I'm not great at, then(in terms of the team) so what, I still have'nt broken any rules. If you can find a rule where it says if you cant post a perfect team then don't post at all rule show me if you cant then maybe you can understand that the reason for posting your team is so people can rate thus telling you your teams flaws and showing you how you could improve, and even if you dont help out at all other than pointing out flaws this RMT not insult the OP's intelligence(that means you scizor master) and say he knows nothing of competitive battles. That is not rating THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THEM Aldred FellBlade. And to Frost Nova whatever I dont even care about it anymore if you want lose some of your rep for beating up a someone new for no real reason I dont care.

Last edited:

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
crown, have you ever been ruined so bad your vagina looked like a wizard's sleeve?

randomspot555

Theme teams are hard to pull off, for even the most experienced battlers. It's best to avoid them. And if you ever actually do use a theme team, don't expect it to win often.

Let's just assume your team was good (it isn't).

The reason theme teams are hard to pull off is because they all present such obvious weaknesses. Baton Pass theme teams, or a team that relies on Baton Pass such as yours, basically require everything to go perfect. Similarly, having multiple Pokemon that have various set ups (such as yours, which include Calm Mind, sub, Swords Dance, etc...) means you'll spend time setting up, and your opponent is just going to take advantage of that.

Monotype teams (especially flying, water, bug, and maybe a couple others) all share weaknesses, and in the types I mention, very common weaknesses. The only hope for a monotype team is to have 1-2 wild cards. In the case of Flying, that usually means a Bulky Rapid Spinner (since most flyers can't take much damage) and anything else that doesn't carry an electric weakness.

But back to your team: You still carry a Heracross weakness (similar to your Off Guard and Eevee team), Tyranitar weakness, and Starmie weakness as outlined in my posts. Any one of these Pokemon can take out at least 3 of yours single handedly. Anybody who uses Heatran can come in on many of your fire attacks and get powered up, as long as it avoids Gliscor. Blissey completely walls all of your special Pokemon, and could probably take a hit or two from Leafeon or Salamence before going down.

Houndoom and Moltres will not benefit from Flame Orb at all.

CROWNE, if you do have ANY knowledge of competitive battling, you haven't demonstrated it to us. Gimmick/theme teams, items that are essentially useless, and common weaknesses among your teams are all parts of the teams you've posted. You may very well know a lot about competitive battling, it's just that we don't believe you because you haven't demonstrated any knowledge.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
You do not have basic knowledge about items, types, you have used random EVs and such.

Seriously, take the Smogon apprentice porgram or something, even just being at the forums will help. Lurk before you post. It will help everyone, not just you.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Check your facts on Smogon, which invests in more competitive research than Serebii; it is not tolerated to start such arguments over petty mistakes.

This argument has basically ruined the entire thread; I feel deleting posts would not suffice here, so closing. Feel free to re-post when you've checked your stuff. P.S. Flame Orb does nothing but induce a burn.

Please stop arguing, guys. And also lay off the formatting and use paragraphing. Reading this gave me a headache. If you have a problem in a thread, come to a mod -- which I might add is what did happen here --, don't fight back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.