1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!! (1085)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!!

The battle between Ash and Kukui rages on. With Ash being the Alola League Champion and Kukui being the Professor of the region known for his battling skill, the battle could go either way and with Kukui bringing in Pokémon from all around the world, Ash faces a tough challenge, especially when Kukui sends in Venusaur against Ash's Rowlet. Will Ash be able to push through?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Ash is down two Pokémon to Kuiku one

3. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Really? It's the final battle and we still don't know if Rowlet is using Substitute or Feather Dance?

Is this going to be a running gag among the writers? Like Jessie always ordering her Pokemon to "do something" instead of actual attacks?

Thumbs2 likes this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

the battle was alright nothing special, tho i would've rather rowlet to job instead of Lycanroc

SceptileTheBanana likes this.
  5. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I really liked the battles tbh, they were pretty unique instead of just attack landing. It was a little rushed but that's to be expected.

Bortgreen and FlygontheRavager like this.
  6. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Please bring them back

This episode really flew by. Disappointed Melmetal didn't get to use more moves but it got a win, everyone else has contributed in meaningful ways so far, and I'm hyped to finally see Naganadel fight next week, along with the final showdown between Torracat and Incineroar. I'm glad they pulled out all the stops this week and just went full action with only brief breaks to the audience, it's been a long time since we've had a battle episode this fast paced.

Mr-Nightmare_420 likes this.
  7. I had a lot of fun. The comedy was on-point.

Braviary and Rowlet playing ping-pong with the Everstone, Empoleon's "well what the hell do I do now?" face when Melmetal tanked Whirlpool, and the cutaways to the classmates and their Pokemon getting really into the battle were the highlights for me. Especially that last one. It's an improvement over Ash's friends sitting still looking concerned.

The strategies in this battle aren't the most sophisticated, but I appreciate everyone's getting something to do, and how they've shown off some unique moves.

Bortgreen, Dragalge, Soniman and 7 others like this.
  8. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

So no mega, makes sense and predictible alola has no elation with ME, ilma only got one since he wa in kalos, but how is lucario beating naganadel a tretch since naganadel has no experience and could be like noivern.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

why is this a problem? i honestly didn't mind it

10. NegaiFreak

NegaiFreak Plus Ultra!

Actually, I think it was Feather Dance. Ash did call for Rowlet to use it.

Anyways, kinda upset that Lycanroc got taken down by Braviary. That's probably my only real gripe for this episode. Everything else was pretty awesome. Rowlet getting a good win against Braviary, Torracat taking down Venusaur, and Melmetal proving he's not some jobber by taking down Empoleon, who Pikachu was struggling to beat!

Honestly curious to see how the next episode shapes up. Naganadel has Thunderbolt, Megahorn, likely Dragon Pulse, and a fourth move we have yet to see. It's probably a Poison type move, so we won't see much of it. Anyways, my money's on Naganadel beating Lucario and then losing to Incineroar, who draws against Torracat before Pikachu VS Tapu Koko.

Enjoyed the battles regardless of certain outcomes. Solid 9/10 episode for me.

11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

point taken, torracat has revenge so there's that but idk how pikachu gonna pull thru

12. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Jeekyu then immediately refers to it as substitution. This same thing happened before in the Hau match, and since two different writers did the same thing, it's not a coincidence.

Feather Dance is supposed to lower an opponent's attack power, not escape from traps. It is some kind of gag that Rowlet is using a completely different move from what Ash is calling, but the gag isn't being explained to the audience.

Bortgreen likes this.
  13. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

I think it might be X-Scissor, Naganadel doesn't learn Megahorn and Ash called for it when the episode finished, but it looks weird because it's fully animated at the stinger and not like the hands or anything else that might make an X

14. Alolan Champion

Alolan Champion Well-Known Member

Did you not see Empoleon being knocked right into Kukui?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  15. NegaiFreak

NegaiFreak Plus Ultra!

Huh. Got me fooled.

And to the point Doppelganger is making, I guess we'll never know. Not like it mattered. Rowlet still lost to Venusaur despite that psuedo-Feather Dance/Substitute.

EDIT: Just looked up Naganadel's movepool. Looks like it could be Fell Stinger, too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  16. Alolan Champion

Alolan Champion Well-Known Member

And Torracat took out Venusaur in two hits. What’s your point?

17. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Agoyon's move was X-Scissor. Unless Satoshi somehow called out the wrong move but I would assume that neither he nor the writers would be that sloppy.

18. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Ash's lycannroc is lame it got beaten by braviary (which was oneshotted by mega aggron some 50 episodes ago) despite having type advantage, even in finals it was getting dominated by gladion's lycannroc until ash told him to counter the counter move in last second. Torracat so far is more impressive.

And giving naganadel a bug type move looks like a last ditch addition for it would be used to beat a fighting type lucario

19. NegaiFreak

NegaiFreak Plus Ultra!

Are you talking to me or Doppelganger?

Rowlet was already worn from battling Braviary, so I didn't think he'd last in a battle against Venusaur. And Torracat was already boosted from tanking and absorbing Incineroar's Blast Burn, so it's not like it wasn't going to get an easy win.

More importantly, I'm loving how Ash is actually making switches in between battles and during battles to get wins and keep his team in the game. It's a good callback to how Ash did that as an old school trainer and sort of lost that going into Kalos' League.

20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Pretty good episode, better than last one.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.