• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Burn with Passion! Get Filled with Intensity! A Full Battle!!! (1085)

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
After beating Braviary, Rowlet swipes across his forehead for no particular reason. I thought it looked familiar, and...

KkQNIPq.png

He is imitating Dartrix's habit of swiping away his bangs to look "cool". I think Dartrix dropped the habit as a Decidueye, but clearly Rowlet hasn't forgotten about it.
The little owl has a completely different attitude toward his evolutions than Torracat. He's something of a Dartrix/Decidueye fanboy, yet doesn't seem interested in actually evolving into one or the other.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash v Paul was amazing
Ash v Sawyer was good as was Ash v Alan
I'm honestly not expecting much I just want a little thought then just one hit KOs and what not. At least there are switch ins and stuff and it's not just a series of 1v1s
First one was the good one.

Second and third one only suck just because Goodra and Noivern, Pokemon known to be deadly in the games, performed really poorly.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
First one was the good one.

Second and third one only suck just because Goodra and Noivern, Pokemon known to be deadly in the games, performed really poorly.

First one also had torterra and staraptor jobbing.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
The entire Ash v. Paul quarterfinal match was a backdrop for karmic irony. In that entire battle, Paul completely countered Ash. He correctly anticipated that Ash would use the same team, and also saw through all of Ash's tactics, such as deliberately using Thunderbolt on Electivire. But the one thing Paul was wrong about - Infernape - proved to be his undoing, as Infernape almost single-handedly defeated him. But Paul had always been wrong about Infernape, so for Ash it was more a test of faith and resolve rather than outfoxing Paul.

We don't know the narrative motivation in this battle. Torracat and Tapu Koko's motivations are a mystery. But because there's narrative purpose behind them, such things will always overshadow the rest of the battle.

andrewscott48209

The entire Ash v. Paul quarterfinal match was a backdrop for karmic irony. In that entire battle, Paul completely countered Ash. He correctly anticipated that Ash would use the same team, and also saw through all of Ash's tactics, such as deliberately using Thunderbolt on Electivire. But the one thing Paul was wrong about - Infernape - proved to be his undoing, as Infernape almost single-handedly defeated him. But Paul had always been wrong about Infernape, so for Ash it was more a test of faith and resolve rather than outfoxing Paul.

We don't know the narrative motivation in this battle. Torracat and Tapu Koko's motivations are a mystery. But because there's narrative purpose behind them, such things will always overshadow the rest of the battle.
Pikachu used Volt Tackle on Electivire, not Thunderbolt.

STICKTOPIA

Another instance where one of Ash's pokemon does well in the previous battle and then ultimately fails in the next... I gotta admit I didn't think rowlet would be the one defeating braviary as well as pikachu being recalled and melmetal finishing the job. I'm enjoying this battle for the most part. So tapukoko is watching. Interesting

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Yeah, Paul knew that Ash wanted his team to get redemption for Lake Acuity and purposefully selected his team to ascertain this info to affirm the upper hand that Drapion had given him mid-battle.

Last edited:

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Was VERY disappointed that Rowlet didn't job, and that Lycanroc did, but other than that the battle was okay. I think the animation last episode was a lot better, but it was passable this time (by S&M standards). I'm also very happy that Melmetal was able to get a win before going down. And no overused Double Iron Bash animation!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
>Pikachu post Whirlpool *does a series of twirls*
>Me: "Am I watching Strictly all of a sudden? 23/40."

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm gonna watch these all back to back at once, so I'm stuck with still images rn. I think it was a safe bet they weren't gonna let the most popular Alolan Pokemon job in this match, although I wish Owl would have beaten Venasaur just to add justification to it beating Decidueye