• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Burn with Passion, Litten! Down with Incineroar!! (1006)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Burn with Passion, Litten! Down with Incineroar!!

Ash & Co. have seen a Battle Royal on TV and gets excited when he hears that if you go to the venue, you have a chance to battle the legendary Battle Royal Master, the Masked Royal. In the first match, Ash loses when the Masked Royal's Incineroar defeats his Litten, so Ash gets determined and insists he'd win a rematch. How does the rematch go?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina all debut at the Battle Royal.

Kukui OF COURSE has a Z-Ring and they showcased Malicious Moonsault.

No point for Torracat to fully evolve. GO ROWLET!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Litten/Torracat already figured out that Masked Royal is Kukui.
And it seems that it decided to keep quite about it.

Oh, and ED is updated with Torracat.

By the way, i feel that Kukui broke the 4 move limitation and used 5 moves in one episode today.
If i am right, Incineroar used 'Cross Chop', 'Throat Chop', 'Flamethrower', 'Darkest Lariat', and 'Bulk Up'.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Loved that training montage to Alola, just like the one when he first caught Rockruff. I’m really enjoying the relationship between Lycanroc and Torracat, kind of reminds me of a more serious friendship to Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Ending updated with Torracat.

And Ash found Kukui’s mask in the wash at the end too, luckily he still didn’t realise his true identity.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Nice episode. That Incineroar was quite experienced so Torracat losing again was expected.
EDIT: Ash saw Kukui's mask and yet he thought he was a fan of Masked Royal lol

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Damn that Incineroar was broken! :eek: :eek:

Litten lost twice in the same episode, even after evolving? Why??????

Even in the second battle after evolution, it didn't stand a chance.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Playing the champion theme was amazing to hear.

Really enjoyed the episode, The Masked Royal was really something else! Wish Kukui was around to see him and Litten evolve!

Litten's evolution sequence was really...meh. After Bounsweet and Rockruff I expected something more but I guess if it worked for Fletchling it works for Litten.

Lana pretty much stole the show but I guess she was 'fascinated' with abs on display (much like Buzzwole).

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I simply didn't get why Litten, even after evolving, lost the second time as well. It deserved to get revenge next time for its development to feel fruitful. Why burden poor Litten/Torracat with 2 losses? Why writers why???

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I simply didn't get why Litten, even after evolving, lost the second time as well. It deserved to get revenge next time for its development to feel fruitful. Why burden poor Litten/Torracat with 2 losses? Why writers why???

The Masked Royal is something else. Didn't even need a Z-move to brush aside the challenger! Ash is laaame.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The use of the original opening during the training scene was very good. It was also good to see all of the fully evolved Alolan starters but overall, Incineroar was just too powerful, KOing the others with Malicious Moonsault on TV, KOing Marowak and Charjabug with relative ease and took a bit of effort to KO Litten and Torracat once it evolved, which was quite disappointing especially with the battle against Torracat.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The Masked Royal is something else. Didn't even need a Z-move to brush aside the challenger! Ash is laaame.

I get it, but remember similar cases like Pikachu vs Lt. Surge's/Sho's Raichu, Buizel vs Mr. Mime, Ash's Pokemon got revenge in the rematch for their development to feel fruitful. But what feeling does a loss in the rematch, even after evolving give? The development doesn't feel fruitful, and gives us a feeling that it still lags way behind. That's my question.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I must be alone here, but I’m glad Incineroar won both times. I’m fed up of a preevolved Pokemon fighting its evolved form and then when it gets tough it evolves and then suddenly beats the evolved form. Torracat did well, it used new strategy to weaken Incineroar, plus it means now we can look forward to a rematch!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I must be alone here, but I’m glad Incineroar won both times. I’m fed up of a preevolved Pokemon fighting its evolved form and then when it gets tough it evolves and then suddenly beats the evolved form. Torracat did well, it used new strategy to weaken Incineroar, plus it means now we can look forward to a rematch!

No I'm really happy too. If Torracat beat Incineroar then it has no further incentive to evolve since its current form is on par or above it's evolved form.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

You aren't. I saw that coming when Incineroar was struggling against no one in the whole episode. Torracat giving a better fight and showing progress in the second battle against a much more experienced opponent was pretty good and realistic.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Definitely one of the better episodes in a long, long time, that I thought was decent (the last episode I felt this way was SM050).

However, despite that, there were definitely issues with this episode as well. Firstly, while I liked seeing all the starters, it was pretty BS how OP Incineroar was (unless the anime is serious about Kukui being a champion tier trainer), and that it ko'ed them with Malicious Moonsault. Speaking of that Z Move, while not ruling out Incineroar for Ash, the chances are definitely reduced quite heavily.

Team Rocket were surprisingly alright this episode as the announcers. And I gotta admit, it was pretty nice seeing Marowak and Charjabug getting a** whoopings. Can't say I really liked another montage of primarily booty shaking as a form of training, but ok then. Also, I was kind of disappointed with the evolution, since it seemed really routine and bland.

The last part was interesting, where Kukui says that there's a rivalry between Torracat and Incineroar. But the problem is, I can foresee this as being Torracat becoming good enough on its own to beat Incineroar, instead of actually evolving.

But overall, I give the episode 6.5/10. It had its issues, and I thought the animation wasn't so good, especially the evolution scene, but other than that, it was a decent episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, disappointed with Flame Charge again, they literally just did that. Double Kick would of been much better and it would of a actually done some damage to Incineroar, in theory anyways. Although I liked the evolution and how it just evolved through the flames :).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nah, maybe it has to do something with my eyesight because I bet that wasn't any Incineroar, but rather Alain's MCX in disguise which I couldn't recognise. :p

Seriously though, I'm now convinced that SM is portraying Kukui as a Champion. All hail, the MCX of SM.

[IMG300]https://imgur.com/8vmLz3R.gif[/IMG300]

togenaught18

I said all the time, Kukui have a great potential trainer in the games, and looks like in the anime wont be too different ( looks the z move KO all three pokemon, ok no the best example but is a start). No matter what training at this point will have ash because it always will loose against any "champion" ( similar or something less) level trainer unless he have Godpika (lol), charizard or ashninja to have a chance.At least the first loose was no "oficial" because we didnt see swirlix eyes lol or see the "lost".

Last edited:

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Daym the starters looked badass in the opening of the episode, well maybe except Primarina it was more graceful

EDIT: Also anyone else notice that Ash's Pokemon all have their own rivial Pokemon? Except for Rowlet and Pikachu

Litten - Incineroar
Lycanroc - Silvally

Would it be possible all of his Pokemon get a rival and a challenge to over come thus not getting sidlined?

Last edited: