• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Burning Cold (Doctor Who Christmas ScriptFic)

lugia*master

Cheese XD
A script I wrote for the festive period. This is part one. Part two shall come later, and part three on christmas week :p

It's in a script format, so if you are not familiar with it then don't worry, it's easy to read :) Tell me what you think!

BURNING COLD - PART ONE

SYNOPSIS:
December 2010; Record snowfalls are hammering down, as the UK experiences it's harshest winter. The Doctor and Amy land in the small countryside village of Hillcrest, where the snow is 2 feet deep, whiter than white, and more deadly than you could ever imagine.

SCENE ONE: Hillcrest Village; Daytime.

The sky is full of pale clouds and torrents of snow, so thick that the Sun is only barely in sight. There is already 1 foot of snow. Children are trying to drag sledges along with them, with minute success.

GRACE

Adam, this way!

ADAM

I know, I know!

GRACE

Well hurry up then!

ADAM (muttering)

Alright, alright...​

The rather short ten-year-old struggles through the snow, as it reaches to halfway above his knees. His fourteen-year-old sister, GRACE, is far ahead, as she is a bit taller than ADAM and only has to kick the snow out of the way.

ADAM

Will you please slow down!

GRACE

Only if you hurry up!​

They reach a corner of the street, managing past the last red-bricked house. Grace's face falls. There are at least ten other children already playing on the swings, occupying the roundabout, etc.

GRACE

Adam, you idiot! If you hadn't been so slow, we could've been the first to get there, and then we'd have had the entire playground to ourselves. In fact, if—​

She turns around, surprised to see that Adam has disappeared. She kicks the snow in front of her.

GRACE

Adam, stop hiding. I'm gonna tell mum anyway!​

There is a moment of silence, before she walks forward, looking for her little brother.

GRACE

Adam, just come on, unless you want to go home!​

There is no response, and she worriedly looks at the playground to see if he has run ahead. The playground is empty; the swings continue to swing, and the roundabout starts to slow down, but all of the children that once inhabited the snow-filled play area have disappeared.

GRACE (biting her lip)

Adam...​

Panicked, she darts around in the snow, looking for any footsteps. But the falling snow has mostly covered up the tracks made by other people, and she can't even see her own, never mind her brothers.

GRACE

ADAM!​

Suddenly, she stops. She jerks for a second, almost falling over. Without warning, her leg twists and she falls in the snow, almost completely concealed. She scrambles to get up, but she falls to the floor once again. There is a deep rumbling sound, but with a grunt of effort, she gets up and runs away as fast as she can.

GRACE

Adam! Adam, where are you!​

She finds herself reaching a dead end on a grassy path behind the park. There is a mound of snow against a glistening-white hillside, and the remnants of an old train tunnel are partially covered by snowfall and icicles.

Suddenly, with a large CRACK! The ground shifts. The snow starts to bubble, spinning around. Grace gasps, stumbling backwards, unbelieving. The snow-covered ground begins to soften and spin like an icy vortex beneath her feet. Nearby twigs and stones get pulled in and Grace's boot gets caught on the edge of the twisting cascade of ice and snow.

GRACE

Help! HELP!​

Suddenly, the ground completely drops, chunks of the earth falling down into an icy blue void, and Grace screams for help as she tumbles down into the aquatic-coloured nothingness. A few moments later, a man with a bowtie and a tweed jacket runs to the scene.

DOCTOR

Hello? Did someone call for help?​

But the DOCTOR can see nothing but an old train tunnel, and a fresh mound of snow covered ground. The only thing looking out of place is a purple, woolly hat.

DOCTOR WHO

BURNING COLD

PART ONE

THE DOCTOR – Matt Smith

AMY POND – Karen Gillan

SCENE TWO: TARDIS interior; Spacetime.

The Doctor bounds upwards from the innards of the TARDIS. AMY POND is sat on a crème -coloured chair, inspecting her cuticles.

DOCTOR

Amy!

AMY (still looking at those cuticles)

Yeah?

DOCTOR

Could you give the Atom Accelerator a whirl?

AMY (confused)

Sure, as soon as you tell me what language you're speaking in.

DOCTOR (as if bored of the saying)

Bullets on a ball...​

Amy looks on the panel in front of her. Bullet-shaped spikes stick out of a spinny golden ball, twirling and sticking out occasionally. She walks up to it, unsure, and flicks it with her finger. It spins rather meekly, making a pathetic *cough* sound.

DOCTOR

Rubbish...​

Undeterred, Amy full-on smacks the machine, and it whizzes around and lights up. The TARDIS makes a wheezy noise.

DOCTOR

Better.

AMY

What are you even doing down there?​

The Doctor grunts, turning a handle on one of the underpipes.

DOCTOR

Oh, you know...just a little maintenance.

AMY

And you know what you're doing?

DOCTOR

Indeed so. I am aware of the workings of my own timeship.

AMY(mocking)

(gasp) Scandal!​

The Doctor smiles amusedly to himself. Amy laughs and leans against a rail. A light starts to flash, accompanied by a klaxonic sound.

AMY

Know what you're doing, eh?

DOCTOR (coming up the staircase)

Wasn't me!​

He bends down to look at the flashing light. He frowns.

DOCTOR

I bet that means something...​

He grabs the silver Materialise lever and pulls it down.

CUT TO: SNOWY VILLAGE​

The snowfall is heavy. Through the sound of the roaring wind, the TARDIS slowly fades into being, its engines pounding and groaning. The Doctor opens the door, and steps out cautiously.

DOCTOR

It's snowing...quite hard. I'd bring a glove.

AMY

I'll bring a scarf as well. You've got your tweed – we're sorted.​

She comes out putting on a scarf, her hair covered by a hat with ear-flaps. She puts on a pair of black gloves.

AMY

Aren't you gonna...

DOCTOR

What?

AMY

I dunno...tuck your trousers in your socks?​

The Doctor laughs.

DOCTOR

My body can withstand harsher temperatures than you humans. It's just a bit nippy.

AMY

A bit nippy? Are you mad?

DOCTOR

Some might say. Let's go over there!​

He points towards a random street and strides towards it. Amy rushes to keep up – the snow is so deep it goes almost up to her knees.

AMY

What is this place, anyway? Why are we here?

DOCTOR

Earth, surprisingly! Around December time, or at least winter. I'd have thought that the snow was a dead giveaway.​

Amy laughs.

AMY

Okay, well that'll be the first proper snowy Christmas I'll have ever experienced then!

DOCTOR

Indeed. Why is there so much snow, I wonder?

AMY

Hey, I ain't complaining!

DOCTOR

Godsend, but really though. It's a bit much, don't you think? Not really to my liking and that's never a good sign.

AMY

That kid looks fine.​

She points to a child who is sitting on the swings. It is a young boy, about seven or eight years old, wearing winter clothing and wellies.

DOCTOR

He looks a bit lonely.​

He dashes over to the little boy, Amy wading along behind him.

DOCTOR

Hello! Are you alright? You look a tad on the solemn side!​

The little boy looks up at him miserably.

AMY

Has something happened?​

She kneels beside the little boy, despite only having two pairs of tights on and a short-ish skirt.

BOY

Everyone just disappeared, and I don't know where they went.​

DOCTOR (consoling)

It's okay, don't worry – tell me your name?

BOY (sniffing)

Kaleb. Kaleb (sniff) Greene.

DOCTOR

Right Kaleb, can you tell me what you meant by everyone disappeared?​

Kaleb shrugs. He has a cold.

KALEB

Well, I was just playing, and there was lots of people. Then, I fell over, and when I got up everyone wasn't there. (Sniff) I thought my big brother would come back for me but he didn't, and I don't know the way home.​

Amy rubs his shoulders, calming him. Suddenly, there is a loud, shrill cry. HELP! The Doctor looks alert, instantly.

DOCTOR

Amy, stay here.​

He rushes off in the direction of the noise. There is a low rumbling sound, and another cry. The Doctor rounds a hill, but there is no noise.

DOCTOR

Hello? Did someone call for help?​

There is nothing but an old train tunnel half covered in snow. A heap of snow seems to have slid down like an avalanche, covering old train tracks. The only thing out of place is a woollen hat.

DOCTOR

What is that?​

He grabs the hat, and pulls out the Sonic Screwdriver, scanning both the hat and the snow. He looks at the readings, and looks troubled.

DOCTOR

Doesn't look very pleasing...oh.

AMY

What was it, Doctor?​

Amy rushes over, holding Kaleb's hand.

DOCTOR

I'm not entirely sure. The Sonic says that there's a gaping hole in reality, right here, only I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

AMY (smiling)

So, you can't see it! When has that ever stopped you?

DOCTOR (with grin)

Never.​

SCENE THREE: Dark Space; Notime.

The Dark Space is dark. Occasional flutters of light speed past, but otherwise it's just dark swirls of colours and shadows. Grace wakes up, seemingly floating.

GRACE

Ah! Where am I!​

She waves her arms around madly, as if trying to swim, but she remains stationary.

GRACE

S-Someone, help me!​

CUT TO: SNOWY VILLAGE​

SCENE FOUR: Hillcrest Village; Daytime.

The Doctor jumps into the snow, seemingly unaffected by the cold. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a black and silver foldaway shovel.

DOCTOR

Sorry, Christina...​

He begins to dig through the snow, shovelling it behind him at a stupendous rate.

AMY

What are you doing? Besides shovelling snow?

DOCTOR

I'm looking for any signs of a gaping hole in reality, of course!

AMY

And then what?

DOCTOR

I'll take a few scans with the TARDIS, and see if I can keep it open. Hopefully, I'll be able to establish its source, and return anything that's fallen through it, close up the gap and then we can be on our way!

AMY

Right. And what if you can't find it?

DOCTOR

Then I'll have to resort to unorthodox methods, which work but I prefer not to use them.​

He kicks a clump of snow out of the way, and it flies up into the air. It doesn't fall – instead, it floats around in a little circle, drifting through the same spot.

AMY

Why is it doing that? It looks like a sea-horse.

DOCTOR

So do the Galapagos Islands, but neither of them are actual sea horses, nor do they originate from this planet.​

He shows Amy his Sonic, expecting her to be able to read its scan.

AMY

What, so it's alien snow?

DOCTOR

Sort of. It's snow, but alien-induced snow.​

He sighs, and folds away his shovel.

DOCTOR

I don't think I'll find much else here right now. Let's get back to the TARDIS – see if she can make any more sense. Come on, Kaleb; I've got a surprise for you.​

CUT TO: TARDIS​

SCENE FIVE: TARDIS Interior; Spacetime.

Kaleb looks around at the TARDIS in amazement. The Doctor and Amy share a look of mutual amusement.

KALEB

Wow...

DOCTOR

I know.​

He bounds up to the console and starts fiddling with things.

DOCTOR

Amy, I might need your assistance! Kindly accompany me to the console!​

Amy walks up to the platform and stands next the Doctor.

DOCTOR

Right, I'm going to plug the Sonic into the console, whilst I'm reading the scans I'll shout out some random number, I need you to type them in...here (he taps the keyboard).

AMY

Right.​

Amy moves to stand in front of the keyboard. The Doctor plugs the Sonic into a socket, and twists. Gallifreyan numbers start to spin around, as the data loads up.

DOCTOR

...4, 7, 9, 127, 35, 6, 98...​

Amy taps them into the keyboard.

DOCTOR

...14, 57, 324.58, 94, Enter!

Amy types them in quickly and presses enter. The Doctor then pulls down a lever, and the TARDIS makes several high-pitched groans.

DOCTOR

Thank you, Miss Pond.

AMY

So what was that then?

DOCTOR

It's tricky...like an area code, but for the Universe. The TARDIS is analysing those codes so it can track down their point of origin to wherever it came from.

AMY

And then, what, we're gonna send it in an envelope?

DOCTOR

Maybe, never underestimate the strength of an envelope. But no. Y'see, the Ice... I don't know what it's called but I'm going to call it The Ice.

AMY

Dramatic.

DOCTOR

Indeed. Anyway, The Ice is like a kind of wormhole, there's a gaping hole that seems to be made out of ice. Dunno how it got there, but at some point over the last day or so some things have been pulled in by mistake. I'm guessing that whatever fell through would land somewhere around The Ice's point of origin.

AMY

So why don't we just go through it ourselves?

DOCTOR

And risk getting killed?

AMY

Well if we're going to bother trying to return anyone that fell through we're obviously assuming that they're alive, so why should we be any different?

DOCTOR

Nice point there, but if anything fell through and perished, I think it's at least respectful to return the body. Now, hush, let's see what we've got here...​

He consults the TARDIS screen.

DOCTOR

The Quasseratia Galaxy, bit of a trick old miser! 12.7 Billion Light-years away from Earth! There used to be this massive rift right at the heart, said to have the mass of 500 Billion Suns. Humans guessed it was a Black Hole, but what they were seeing was actually like a kind of Space Mirage.

AMY

500 Billion Suns...that's big.

DOCTOR (grins)

Very big. Now, before we go, (whispering) don't you think we should get Mr Greene back home?​

They both look around. The TARDIS door is open, Kaleb gone.

DOCTOR

Kaleb!​

He runs out of the door, looking around madly. He hears a sudden shout, off to the left. He sees a pair of flailing arms. He runs madly towards them, and sees that it is Kaleb, being pulled down through the ground.

KALEB

Help!

DOCTOR

Don't worry, Kaleb! I've got you! Grab my hand!​

Kaleb grabs the Doctor's outstretched hand. The Doctor pulls with all of his might, but the snow starts to twist and spin around Kaleb, spiralling downwards, pulling him in.

DOCTOR

Come on, Kaleb! (grunts) Don't give up!

KALEB

Doctor, there's something...

DOCTOR

Don't worry—​

Suddenly, the ice around them EXPLODES. Snow erupts into the air, the icy ground, cracking overbearingly loud. There is a ripping, shattering sound, like a volcano blowing, and the ground starts to splinter, spiralling downwards, the icy vortex's reach growing bigger and farther. The Doctor manages to pull Kaleb out.

DOCTOR

Kaleb, get back!​

Kaleb stumbles backwards, crawling away through the snow. Chunks of ground fall away at their feet, and the ground cracks, icy steam hissing through like gas from a burst pipe. The Doctor scrambles to his feet.

DOCTOR

Run! Back to the TARDIS!​

The cracks start to spread up the sides of the houses, and the Doctor and Kaleb run for their lives against a backdrop of exploding ice and showering snow. In the distance, Amy steps out of the TARDIS, her hand above her eyes as she squints. Visibly, she gasps, and holds open the door, gesturing for them to run faster.

AMY

Hurry!​

The Doctor pushes Kaleb through the door with Amy, but stands in the threshold of the TARDIS, looking back.

DOCTOR

It's following us...​

He yelps and shuts the doors, as the debris gets closer. With a thud, the TARDIS makes an Emergency Dematerialisation, fading from view a second before the ground where it had once stood split open.

AMY

Doctor, what just happened?

DOCTOR

I don't know, don't have a clue. But whatever it was, it was on a much larger scale than anything it did before. The Humans will put it down to an earthquake, but we know better. And I'm going to stop it before it does any more damage...

PART TWO: 14TH DECEMBER