• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

But how does God feel about grammar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kochoupink

butts lol
Clearly, as God created the universe, He also created our many beautiful languages, with all their rules and inconsistencies.
Since God made grammar, shouldn't we honor His creation by learning simple rules of spelling and punctuation?
I believe that God is pro-grammar!
I believe that God knows whenever you mix your homophones, and I believe He is disturbed!
I believe that God wants you to use a question mark when you ask a question!
I believe that God likes capitalization of the beginning of sentences and also proper nouns!

Do you believe this?
Discuss.

Last edited:

Mumage

I don't know if you're trying to make fun of something, or if you're serious.

Either ways, I believe that God wants us to be the best we can, and if having good grammer helps us accomplish that, then he wants us to learn it.

Clearly, as God created the universe, He also created our many beautiful languages, with all their rules and inconsistencies.
Since God made grammar, shouldn't we honor His creation by learning simple rules of spelling and punctuation?
I believe that God knows whenever you mix your homophones, and I believe He is disturbed!
I believe that God likes capitalization of the beginning of sentences and also proper nouns!

Discuss.

*planes crashes*

god loves all his creations (or so my priest tell me)

and essentially Leet-Speak is a language that was created by his subjects that he loves therefor he must love it.

*hides behind spam shield*

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.

Do you believe this?
Discuss.

The bible is full of gramical errors FTW! Ye, thou, thy...it's the 21 friggin century. If God's pro-grammar then I'm going to seriously edit the Bible, and send it to the pope...who can't SPEAK proper grammar. Which you haven't refrenced. And besides, if Jesus was lashed, and killed like a common criminal. I'm sure misplacing a comma won't start off the rapture, or you sure as hell would have me leaving Christianity.

And his killers got into heaven, so grammar shouldn't be a big deal. And something tells me that Jesus uses text talk.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
This thread is rubbish, but I agree I've had enough with idiots raping this language. I understand abbreviating on msn or other live chat - it saves time. But you have ages to type out your forum post, do the world a favour and spell/grammar check, or alternatively, fall into a pit of flesh-eating caterpillars.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Apparently, as of this post, only half of people are not sinners. That's a little depressing, actually. The end is coming.

But since God didn't write the Bible Himself (as far as I know and am concerned), I doubt that He cares overly about grammar, though I do wish it were a sin.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny

S31R31

The 90's
If God really cares about grammar, everyday should've been a fireworks display of lightning bolts.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Even though I believe in God, grammar is a human creation. So there. God created well, sounds...

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
Hehehe ... this has to be the most amusing religious discussion ...

Words are sacred. If you cannot articulate a clear thought, you leave every reader to debate endlessly about what you meant. This becomes a particular problem once you've died and no longer answer questions, unless you agree to talk to mediums or something. :)

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Well, he can't have directly made them, right? Language is a human invention.

Well, no crap, God gets Capital Letters for His name everywhere, so!

However, I think God's too busy smiting the truly evil people to actually care that much.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
If it caused more people to type/write properly, I'll roll with that. Grammar, language, and the likes, are creations of man though.

But you know, srs thread is srs.

Status
Not open for further replies.