• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

But Would You Be A Trainer?

DjangoCribbs

Let's do a hypothetical, you're an inhabitant of the Pokémon world. You've not suddenly been transported there, you've always lived there. Born and raised.
Considering how that might affect your attitude towards Pokémon...

If you lived in the Pokémon world would you actually become a trainer?
Something I often found interesting with the anime, one of the few things, was when it showed people who lived and worked with Pokémon but weren't trainers.
We all play the games and are happy to set off, travelling the world and taking the Gym challenge. But is that what you'd want to do?

I like the idea of being some kind of landscaper/ranger for an estate/area of land. In actual life I've done arboriculture, landscaping, some basic gardening... Some experience in grounds keeping. Jobs that can be very good for the soul, I find.
Assuming that element of my personality is the same, I think that's something I'd very happily fit into. I'd get to spend a lot of time in relatively peaceful and un-tarnished natural environments and I think that's the best environment to live with Pokémon in.
I don't think I'd actually be comfortable being a Pokémon's trainer, who is obeyed because that's how it works. I'd rather be their friend and if I make a suggestion they do it 'cos they trust me and we have an understanding.

Garbodor.

If the world is exactly the same as the Pokemon world then of course I would love to be a trainer. But ONLY if it's like the anime.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I always dreamed to give commands of attacks to my Pokémon. I mean... When I watch the anime, there's always something stupid Ash or another trainer do that I would have corrected instead and sometimes I would love to be at their place to fight in battles with my Pokémon. So yes, I would go on a journey as a Pokémon Trainer. Or otherwise I would be a Pokémon Coordinator, it sounds nice as well.

Last edited:

DjangoCribbs

I always dreamed to give commands of attacks to my Pokémon. I mean... When I watch the anime, there's always something stupid Ash or another trainer do that I would have corrected instead and sometimes I would love to be at his place and to fight in battles with my Pokémon. So yes, I would go on a journey as a Pokémon Trainer. Or otherwise I would be a Pokémon Coordinator, it sounds nice as well.

Well, given that the anime disregards so many of the rules of Pokémon set out in the game... Of course they do stupid stuff. Ash win's his first badge by using Pikachu against an Onix. And an electric attack.

ebevan91

Probably not. Though I'd probably have a Pokemon.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Honestly I'm not sure
There's a lot of things you can do in the pokemon world that arnt available in there games
Like been a pokemon coordinator
Of course I'd have pokemon that's without a doubt but the challenge gyms and the leauge or set out on a different path I don't know

I'd say a pokemon coordinator
It would combine battles with creativity
And would fit my artistic personality

DjangoCribbs

You can be a co-ordinator to the extent that you can, at least, take part in the contests.
I was kinda hoping for more out-of-the-box ideas, stuff that the games either don't cover at all or just gloss over.

Neriifur

I'd definitely be a Pokemon trainer.

I do love animals, but I don't feel like I develop a bond with them as other's do. There were Pokemon breeders and what-not and people who just take care of Pokemon for a living instead of battling them, but often times I've noticed with pets that I personally own I'll get bored of the animal and want to do my own thing. I've never been able to give anything or anyone else my undivided attention unless it's a boyfriend or girlfriend. Some people make their animals their lifestyle.. and I dunno I can't see myself doing that. I'm a very competitive person, and I feel like I could probably battle and what-not and develop a loving bond with my Pokemon that way. I dunno it's kind of weird. I'm the person that could love a person's child or animal to death, but could never love my own.

I also have zero leadership qualities.. I think I dunno. I couldn't see myself as a Gym Leader or anything, but it'd be fun to try to fight my way through the elite four.

Last edited:

⊙ᴗ⊙
I'd rather aim to be a Gym leader.

That, or even more out of the box, with the addition of Pokestar studios in BW2, be someone who trains Pokemon to act in movies.

Swagsire

I think it'd be cool to have like, a Pokémon travelling circus. Teaching them all to do tricks, exploring the world. As long as they were happy it'd be great! Qwaa ;195;

DjangoCribbs

I'd definitely be a Pokemon trainer.

I do love animals, but I don't feel like I develop a bond with them as other's do. There were Pokemon breeders and what-not and people who just take care of Pokemon for a living instead of battling them, but often times I've noticed with pets that I personally own I'll get bored of the animal and want to do my own thing. I've never been able to give anything or anyone else my undivided attention unless it's a boyfriend or girlfriend. Some people make their animals their lifestyle.. and I dunno I can't see myself doing that. I'm a very competitive person, and I feel like I could probably battle and what-not and develop a loving bond with my Pokemon that way. I dunno it's kind of weird. I'm the person that could love a person's child or animal to death, but could never love my own.

I also have zero leadership qualities.. I think I dunno. I couldn't see myself as a Gym Leader or anything, but it'd be fun to try to fight my way through the elite four.

See... I dunno, some of that makes you sound like you'd be a terrible trainer. Sorry, but it does.
Put it this way. After that, I am never ever gonna leave you responsible for an animal.
I don't mean to cause offence but you said yourself that you'd get bored of them. That... just won't do. It's not outright mistreating but it does lead to neglect.

Swagsire said:
I think it'd be cool to have like, a Pokémon travelling circus. Teaching them all to do tricks, exploring the world. As long as they were happy it'd be great!

I like it! I've not watched all of the anime but there must be an episode with that in there somewhere?
It's got great potential though. You're still getting to bond and travel with Pokémon, you're even still training them to an extent. But you aren't then sending them out to beat another 'Mon to a pulp for your personal gain. I think there'd be a lot of satisfaction in such a life.

Last edited:

emawerna

Bicycle Salesman. Damn those bicycles are expensive/profitable. In a world that is largely (though not entirely) without cars, bicycle sales would be through the roof.

DjangoCribbs

Bicycle Salesman. Damn those bicycles are expensive/profitable. In a world that is largely (though not entirely) without cars, bicycle sales would be through the roof.

You say this but a vast majority of people within each region don't appear to own a bicycle. And the bike shops are usually filled with unsold models.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Adventuring is something I've always wanted to do, but it's not really something I can do in this world. So yeah, I'd definitely be a Pokemon trainer.

Neriifur

After that, I am never ever gonna leave you responsible for an animal.

Well funny thing is since you don't know me IRL, you have the inability to control whether or not I choose to own a pet. I haven't owned a pet in over 10 years anyhow, because I noticed that about myself so I decided it wouldn't be fair on another being, and I doubt I ever will.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, but I don't know if I explained it right. Basically what I was saying that if the world was different and Pokemon became a lifestyle, that would give me the want to care for Pokemon unconditionally and selflessly forever, because it would be my main focus and love in life. I would be a trainer and treat the creatures with respect and reward them and love them. I couldn't see myself personally being a breeder, because I wouldn't find joy in that, but would instead find joy in the competition and that would as well build a huge bond. In this life, however; animals and children are not my focal point. My hobbies, success, and my relationship is and that's what brings my the greatest joy and nothing else does. A change in timelines can make a huge, to an opposite change in how a person views the world.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
yes i would.

aside from legendaries,i could build my team however i wanted(i really mean that,i'm a good trader,just give me good stuff and vocals,unlike negations,communicating with a :) , :( , <3 , ! is stupid)I can get away from my brother.and most importantly to me,i can talk to people.i really can't talk to people because i don't play all the popular games,i didn't even know what an xbox was until 6 months ago.i could talk to newer trainers about the basics and maybe give them a pokemon,i could talk to older trainers about how my team works and my strategy and show my competitive spirit,my way of thinking,my way of perusing power,any my beliefs,witch i never get to do as i'm cast aside because i play pokemon.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

Hard to see. Of course most Pokémon fans think it would be awesome to be a Pokémon Trainer, but just think about all the responsibilities. Also, there are evil oragnizations in the Pokémon world. In a battle, trainers sometimes get flustered and make mistakes.

It would be cool to live in the Pokémon world.

GhostlyChrome7

Personally, I think I would be a Pokémon Trainer. I would travel through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos, then eventually become an elite 4 member/Gym leader for the Ghost, Psychic, or Dark types.

shadorai

wandering trainer
honestly, i am the type of person who would most definitely be a trainer.