• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

But Would You Be A Trainer?

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
I would be a trainer/coordinator, but I think I would in a way follow N's path. Every Pokemon I have on my team is a Pokemon I would befriend, and I don't like the idea of keeping them confined in a ball. When I use Pokeballs, for one, they'd be Luxury Balls, and secondly, the Pokemon would always be outside of their ball. The only reason I would see for having them inside their Pokeballs is transporting large Pokemon or aquatic Pokemon without fear for their safety, healing at the Pokemon Center, and to prevent others from capturing them. I would travel the world with my Pokemon, and instead of sending Pokemon to a box to meet that 6 per trainer/coordinator limit, they would go to a large ranch, with a garden that they can tend and feed off of. I'd probably hire people to take care of the Pokemon at the ranch. And then when I have been to all of the regions, I would start a breeding service and sell Pokemon Eggs to trainers.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I would like to be trainer but would aspire to be Champion and have all of the fame that it would entail. That would be pretty cool.
I think my signature Pokemon would be my Blaziken that I raised from a Torchic.
As a young trainer my team would be something like:
Combusken
Dewott
Treecko
Mightyena
Vibrava
Aipom

As Champion my team would evolve into:
Samurott
Flygon
Alakazam
Mightyena
Roserade
Mega Blaziken

Last edited:
I would definitely be a trainer, but I don't think I'd take the GYM challenge. I'd rather explore the wilderness and ruins in the name of discovery, with my Pokémon as companions. I would like to take part in the contests often - I love that part of Pokémon games! The anime captures what I picture them to be perfectly. Using a move and then another after to create a combo, making an awesome and impressive display - I'd find that so fun to do!

WarioMan

Playboy Billionaire

Cetious

I'd like to imagine myself exploring the world, trekking along trails, getting a sense of the wilds, being able to watch these amazing creatures or even take them for my own, learning my way around all these different cities and meeting all kinds of people and getting a taste of the culture in each place. All the new experiences, all the things I could learn! But those fantasies of mine would be just that- fantasies.
In truth, I am too timid for this. Even with pokemon and perhaps another human companion at my side, I wouldn't be comfortable with all of it. I'd be so uncertain of where to go and how to get there, and the sense of making my own path for myself makes me feel sort of... agoraphobic. The impermanence of it all, and not having one place I could rely on staying would make me feel too vulnerable. In truth, I don't know these places, and I'd be intimidated by them. I'd be afraid to take risks like that.

But I can imagine myself sometimes sitting in the woods, watching or perhaps even befriending some of the wildlife. I would most likely work at a daycare, taking care of pokemon and making sure playtime goes smoothly, but I'd also be interested in any 'rescue pokemon' - ones that have been mistreated, like those Mr. Fuji took care of. I would put time into these pokemon as well, reading their behavior, and taking steps toward rehabilitating them.

Last edited:

TheAlterEgo

The Assassin
I would probably be a trainer. but, I would not be one of the people who starts out at a lab. but rather someone who caught a wild pokemon by themselves. As a beginning trainer my team would probably be
Sneasel
Gastly
Elekid
Dratini
As a Champion my team would be
Weavile
Gengar
Dragonite
Electivire
Tyranitar
Metagross

The Scientist

I would try to see every Pokemon there is to see, and find new species. Actually, that's what I do now with birds. I have a list of all the species I've seen, and I'm always trying to add species to my list.

catboy97

I would work as a breeder, I could care less about leveling up unless it means getting more egg moves! :p

bluueeyedrose

Trainer and Breeder
Honestly, I would probably not be a trainer, but I would want to be a gym leader. I would want to help trainers understand their mistakes and make them better. I would enjoy the challenge of fighting trainers so they can move towards becoming a champion.

burninator59

I always wanted to just live my current life, but have Pokemon as friends and pets. Like come home from work each day and chill with my bro Quagsire. My Rotom has mowed the lawn, washed my clothes, and baked me something. Then at night I could just ask my Espurr to use Yawn so I could fall asleep. It would be the life.

Verasi

I see myself more as a breeder than a trainer. I think it's because I prefer to see Pokemon as pets to play with.

NotABeginningTrainer

I'm really not sure. Of course we would all like to (that's why we play this game), but it would be so much more difficult. I can take a while to make decisions in the games, so I would probably be pretty bad in live action.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I'd probably be a Ranger. Have a few choice Pokemon of my own. Travel around helping wild Pokemon.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
I'd probably live a real nomadic lifestyle and just have an Arcanine by my side. Be somewhere in the remote wilderness living off the land and perhaps discovering some very very rare Pokemon.

bluelatios97

Countess
I would be a Trainer, my Pokémon would be.....

Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
Kirlia-Gardevoir
Latias
Taillow-Swellow
Absol
Salamence

jdlriver02

Ace Trainer
Yes, I would probably raise a Charizard, Lapras, Aegislash, Haxorus, and Tyrantrum for my real team. I'd keep a Growlithe for a pet. I'd try my best to take on the title of Champion in the Kalos region.

xerneaslore

i'd be happy to be a teacher, a former trainer who uses his Kadabra to teach his students

I would be a Dragon Tamer and tame all kinds of Dragon-types.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i would be a ranger most likely with:
Electivire
Gallade
Empoleon
Hydreigon
Mamoswine
Tropius

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
This is a really cool thread, as I've often thought about this. I would totally be a trainer. I'd love to be a gym leader, though! It would be a gym where I would use whatever types I felt like using and so could all my gym trainers. My gym also wouldn't have some stupid puzzle/maze thats just a waste of money and busy trainers time. We're an economically friendly establishment!

But most of all, I think it would be awesome to get paid to battle trainers(when my gym trainers arn't doing all the work), then hang in my office/bar/man-cave. Plus, creating and making my own badge would be kinda neat!