• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

But Would You Be A Trainer?

LizardonX

Banned
I'd imagine most people would still be in school.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
If I traveled like Ash did, with a strong gym leader to protect you and a hot girl, yes. Also, if it was as easy to get from town to town like in the games, then yes.

Sure, I'd like to be a trainer, travel the world, fight gym leaders, train a team and be the very best like no one ever was, all that good stuff. And unlike Ash's Pikachu, my Blaziken won't get weaker every time I travel to a new region...

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I think I'd love to be a trainer. Getting to make my Pokemon friends, travel around, and do the Gym challenges with them would be awesome. A difficult life, to be sure, but nothing I wouldn't like doing. Plus, it still sounds like a great way to meet a bunch of Pokemon (not the only way, of course).

LizardonX

Banned
Well if the world was based entirely on the Pokemon universe I don't think kids would be going to school so much, besides the rather meaningless pokemon school

The world cannot exist in the way it is if a large percentage of people became trainers. Sooner or later schooling will be necessary. So while a few would go all the way, most would stay in school or return after they realized the futility for non protagonists to suceed in the cutthroat competitions.

jasonx816

Rookie
It all depends what town you are born into, someone born into lets say, Goldenrod City, the chances of becoming a trainer, lets say is easier. As to someone in Snowpoint city who is not as likely. But I'd probably live along one pokemon in general.

Sponge

Probably, I think I would like the opportunity to travel that being a pokemon trainer would offer. I'm not sure I'd be highly competitive though...I'd probably try taking a balanced approach to being a trainer. As in trying my best to improve and competing in tournaments but not go completely kooky over it.

So I would probably be a trainer moreso that I could travel the world and be able to take care of myself rather than trying to be the best trainer ever.

Last edited:

DjangoCribbs

The world cannot exist in the way it is if a large percentage of people became trainers. Sooner or later schooling will be necessary. So while a few would go all the way, most would stay in school or return after they realized the futility for non protagonists to suceed in the cutthroat competitions.

It hasn't escaped my notice that many of the answers are purely people expressing their personal Pokémon fantasies, rather than considering the realities of life in a world inhabited by Pokémon. As much as one can apply such thought to a lightly fleshed out fictional universe...
I mean, how many Trainers would go missing each year, never seen again? I expect the number would be high.

LerKy42

Top Trainer
well seeing as though my career choice in this world is definitely making squirrels and tortoises engage in gut wrenching battles of epic proportion... then yeah! id probably be a trainer! XD

LerKy42

Top Trainer
It all depends what town you are born into, someone born into lets say, Goldenrod City, the chances of becoming a trainer, lets say is easier. As to someone in Snowpoint city who is not as likely. But I'd probably live along one pokemon in general.

and if were doin this more game- based then it would make no difference since you can no problem pay a small amount of munny to buy a pokeball.

EonDragonFTW

Hell yeah I want to be a trainer! I'd live in the Hoenn region, and challenge as many trainers as I could. I'd be looking for Pokemon to hone my battling skills. But of course, I wouldn't do , making bond with people i meet along the wayit as a substitute for education/a job. I'd start when I was 18, and take my time collecting the badges. When the time comes, I'd partake in the Pokemon league, but only once. I won't be tenacious and keep retrying. After that I'll ev
entually Catch a latios (won't rest until this is accomplished) and become a gym leader

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I would love to be a trainer. You can go wherever you want, get money by beating people, and become a movie star

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Yes, I believe that I would indeed be a trainer! It would be so much fun... OMG just thinking about it makes me excited lol! XD

Astinus

I'd be a trainer. Seems like it would be the better life for me. I enjoy traveling around, never staying in the same spot. Plus, I like being outside, exploring the world with only my dog for company. I wouldn't mind catching a few Pokemon to keep around with me for company, doing whatever little odd jobs/battles here or there for enough money to get supplies as we travel around to see the world.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It always seemed to me that training was a rite of passage. Like, most kids go off for a little while to be a pokemon trainer, have their adventures and earn a few badges, and then they come home and settle down to figure out what they want to do with their life. It's kind of like going to college in our world. You gain valuable experience, make new friends, learn skills, and when that's all said and done, you come back home and use the things you learned to figure out where you want to go in your life. Some people become gym leaders, others go on to become professors, and some just become ordinary people, working a nine to five job, just with a pokemon or two back home. And then there are others who keep on wandering and never put down roots, and that's okay too.

So yeah, I would be/would have been a trainer, but I don't think people are trainers their entire lives. It's something you do for a few years, and then it's time to grow up. I think a lot of the people who are saying they would eventually settle down in this thread are the people who are in college or out of college and are going through that now, and the ones who are simply saying "Heck yeah I'd be a trainer forever!" are the kids who still have a lot of time left ahead of them and haven't really reached that point yet in the real world.

emawerna

You say this but a vast majority of people within each region don't appear to own a bicycle. And the bike shops are usually filled with unsold models.

I'd still own the bicycle shop.

Most bicycle shops in the real world have a large inventory so that their customers have a wide selection. Plus, in virtually every game, the bicycle shop owner allows you to keep the bike because of all the free advertising from riding it around sent sales through the roof, implying brisk sales. Plus, you don't know if other people in the game have bicycles or not. Remember that bicycles fit in bags in the pokemon world, and we don't see how all those trainers ended up in the middle of the routes.

Last edited: