• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Butterfree and Me! (791)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Funny how Ash spent days doing charity work with the Caterpie and helped it evolve twice while he couldn't make some of his own Unova Pokemon evolve. :/

In Ash's defense tho, bug types evolve quickly compared to other kinds of Pokemon, so it didn't take much effort to help Caterpie develop. Plus Ash had a soft spot for Caterpie, so I understood why he was willing to spend so long helping it. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
In Ash's defense tho, bug types evolve quickly compared to other kinds of Pokemon, so it didn't take much effort to help Caterpie develop. Plus Ash had a soft spot for Caterpie, so I understood why he was willing to spend so long helping it. :]

It's still annoying, though. The fact that the wild Butterfree's departure scene was like an exact rip-off of Ash's Butterfree's farewell scene was this episode's worst moment though IMO.

Alloutℯ

Banned
One of my favorite episodes, funny enough even though these Kanto flashbacks seem to be episodes to gain more ratings. Also, loved Ash getting all emotional and he has the worst luck ever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
One of my favorite episodes, funny enough even though these Kanto flashbacks seem to be episodes to gain more ratings.

To be frank, I'm sure that Satoshi's Butterfree flashbacks were a very calculated method of pandering to older fans who remembered his old Butterfree. In fact, in spite of this episode having a decent plot in its own way, the majority of the episode felt like an opportunity for the writers to focus on nostalgia indulgence.

Daizy

I call you honey
This episode just didn't do much for me. Ash crying at the end was unnecessary since he didn't know this Butterfree that well anyway. The flashbacks to his old Butterfree could've been longer too.

Good episode, it was nice seeing Ash training with Caterpie and having flashbacks to his own. Episode would have been better if Team Rocket didn't appear.
My opinions on the episodes of Delebore arc so far:
1. Trash
2. Trash
3. Ok
4. Good
5. Great
6. Ok

7. Boring
8. Good