• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Butterfree and Me! (791)

nuzamaki90

>The same opening error three weeks in a row

Go home TPCi, your drunk.

But besides that, the only thing I liked about this episode, dubbed and original, was the ending. The animators were really Slaking Off with this one, but the ending was really good. It was sad seeing Ash feeling down, because you know it was hard for him to say bye to the first Pokemon he ever caught, and even worse to see him say goodbye to the first Butterfree's connected with since he said goodbye. It was a good episode, but damn was the animation awful.

Where did you look it up?

Where else, Blubapeidia. And if it was a edited wiki, a error's a error and it shouldn't be brought all the time. They are not helf alseep, they are not drunk, it's a just a silly error.

Where else, Blubapeidia. And if it was a edited wiki, a error's a error and it shouldn't be brought all the time. They are not helf alseep, they are not drunk, it's a just a silly error.

Bulbapedia doesn't know TPCI's intentions with the N opening. They could say it's an error all they want but this could still be intentional.

Bulbapedia doesn't know TPCI's intentions with the N opening. They could say it's an error all they want but this could still be intentional.

It has nothing to do with that never going to happen two parter.

Even without the 2 parter, I liked Best Wishes unlike many people on here. And I am not going into a fit. If the information I got from a very reliable source is true, then the episodes will air in Japan and if that happens, I would think we may get a dub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akuroma

The Doctor
Well you'll be dissapointed as everyone was with Best Wishes and go into ***** fit over a error.

Disappointed about a thing that will be released sometime this year? Oh please. There's sufficient amount of evidence that they will be released this year. Not all people hate BW. It brought new ideas into the table. But people fail to realize that, and they bashed the writers for the lack of creativity. I doubt everyone hated BW, and that a lot of people including myself enjoyed what the writers did with Team Rocket, and the overall story build up they had as well as regular BW episodes having some memorable moments in them. Just note that everyone on this site is only the minority of the fandom, not the majority.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Thanks tpci, because of you slaking off in the intro department, you have people actually thinking the two parter will air now.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Nice ep. I was surprised that Caterie and Butterfree's voices were the same as they were 15 years ago. The voice actor for those Pokemon must still be with the Pokemon Company to this day.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thanks tpci, because of you slaking off in the intro department, you have people actually thinking the two parter will air now.

I'm cackling. This is why I don't like TPCi. :p

Nice ep. I was surprised that Caterie and Butterfree's voices were the same as they were 15 years ago. The voice actor for those Pokemon must still be with the Pokemon Company to this day.

If you're talking about Ash's Caterpie and Butterfree from the flashbacks, their VA doesn't work for TPCi; Rikako Aikawa is a Japanese voice actress. Although I have no idea whether she actually re-recording the voices for the Pokemon, or if the studio merely used the old recordings she did in OS.

Maybe they won't get dubbed but I know they will air in Japan.

No, you don't. Sure you may have logical arguments and excellent speculations as for why it would air, but you still don't know if they will air it for sure. Unless the anime company itself has messaged you that it will air. Now what's the probability of that happening?

Last edited:

thetamale

It was a nice episode, the Caterpie was cute and it was nice to see Leavanny - also confirms they're all at Oak's now.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Great to see Caterpie, Metapod, and Butterfree. It was also nice to see Ash having a flashback of catching Caterpie, too. Leavanny was also nice to see.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This was a great episode. It was great to see Ash think about his own Butterfree and then he used that to train this Caterpie in order for it to migrate so it didn't get left behind. As the episode showed, Ash invested a lot of time in this Caterpie and I think this shows just how much his Butterfree still means to him, even though they have been apart for so long. However, the last scene was the stand out moment in this episode. I too was emotional when watching it because you knew that Ash was losing another friend but it was in the same way he lost a very old friend so it must have been very hard for Ash to experience but he switched off the tears to say goodbye to Butterfree in a way only Ash can.

Fantastic episode, onto the next one!

Garbodor.

Did anyone else get very teary when watching this episode?
I was so sad and got quite angry they did not show Ash's buterfree. I wonder why they did not show it.

Sighs... this took me back years and made me remember those original episodes. :(